Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 114Posts
    • 31Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 9:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 36
    • Benight
    • By Benight 10th May 19, 3:07 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Benight
    Dire. Avoid! Signed up on cheap deal but they've just whacked up my price and the website is so poor that I couldn't sign in to try and work out what tariff I'm on to switch in their blackmail period.

I emailed the Cheap Energy Club on 25 Apr 2019 and still haven't heard back, as follows:

Hi,
    Your tariff for Eversmart is wrong on my comparison. They've written
    to say its 31.7444p/day & 17.0838p/kWh (you have 21 & 12.915). My
    postcode is XXXX XXX.

They wrote to me on 31st March 2019 to say new pricing for prepayment came into effect on 1st April 2019! The letter was delivered on 4th April. They'll honour the "old" rate if I switch within 28 days of
    the date of the letter.

On 3rd April they emailed to offer "£10 credit when you give Eversmart a 5* review!" on Trustpilot. I still haven't heard back from Trustpilot's
    investigation.

Please let me know if you'd like a scan of the letter and/or copy of the
    email, and the Trustpilot helpdesk ticket number.

Now that I have been able to login (wasted an hour the other week cycling 4/5 password reset tokens, to finally be told on the webchat their site was having issues), my tariff name doesn't appear on invoices and none of the MSE rates matches what I was supposed to be paying.

Arranging a switch right now, yet remarkably MSE is offering me better rates with Eversmart's "new" tariffs.

Also they repeatedly phone up pushing a smart meter, rouses like an engineer (they mean technician) is in your area today for your upgrade blah-blah. I was annoyed at 1023 on that Tuesday with the phone call and the lad claiming it was his first day, so I was super-annoyed at 1802 on Friday when they called again! No means no! Do not call means do not call!
    Originally posted by cylch
    When switching to any new supplier, you should always double check direct with the supplier's website the tariff details - you cannot rely upon 3rd party sites.
    At the very least, you will be provided with tariff details by the supplier as part of their joining instructions - you will have 14 days cooling off period to cancel if you are unhappy (or even if you just change your mind)

As is the case with many suppliers, I can only see one tariff available from Eversmart for those supplied by prepaytment meter, and that is a variable tariff. So if they notified you of a price change, then that will be the new price (unless you switch & ditch)

Ofgem changed the price cap for PPM tariffs in April, and it looks like Eversmart, in line with almost everyone else, raised their prices accordingly.

You can report the supplier to the ICO if you feel they have breached any terms in regards to calling you, especially if they have done so to offer you a smart meter when you have previously asked them not to call you again about such an offer.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 11th May 19, 7:42 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    A bit disappointed - apart from an iffy website they've been pretty good up to now.

However my 6th May statement which has the correct readings is missing the credit from my 10th April DD. As the sum has flown from my bank account I can only assume that Eversmart have lost it. I'm hoping that the May DD doesn't disappear into the ether as well.

The appropriate snottogram is winging it's way. I'm not phoning, I want all queries properly documented.

Watch this space
    Originally posted by matelodave
    I entered my readings on 6th May and I've just downloaded my Invoice (for the period 7/4/19 to 6/5/19).

I spotted the same thing - my DD payment on 10th April doesn't show on the invoice. I've checked and it was taken from my bank account on that date.

What's the best email address to use to point this out? I ask because there seem to be a number of web addresses for their home page which won't allow logging-on, so perhaps there are some bad email addresses too. Ta.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 11th May 19, 7:49 AM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    matelodave
    I sent mine to "hello@eversmart.co.uk" and got an auto response saying to expect a reply in about five days so I shall be giving them a motivational prod on Friday when they've have had six.

This one will have a five working day deadline and a promise to escalate it to a formal complaint if it's not sorted by the deadline and as far as I'm concerned "sorted" means the reissuing a corrected statement.

BTW our 10th May DD went whizzing away from our bank account so I'm keeping a very careful eye on the situation.
    Last edited by matelodave; 11-05-2019 at 7:54 AM.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 11th May 19, 11:25 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I sent mine to "hello@eversmart.co.uk" and got an auto response saying to expect a reply in about five days so I shall be giving them a motivational prod on Friday when they've have had six.

This one will have a five working day deadline and a promise to escalate it to a formal complaint if it's not sorted by the deadline and as far as I'm concerned "sorted" means the reissuing a corrected statement.

BTW our 10th May DD went whizzing away from our bank account so I'm keeping a very careful eye on the situation.
    I sent them an email earlier, using the address you quoted but I see now that it bounced. I got off my backside and looked at previous emails I sent eversmart and one was:

hello@eversmartenergy.co.uk

Was that what you meant?
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 11th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    matelodave
    Probably - I didn't actually check. Hopefully you'll get an autoreply but I suggest you monitor carefully
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 11th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Probably - I didn't actually check. Hopefully you'll get an autoreply but I suggest you monitor carefully
    OK, just resent my email to hello@eversmartenergy.co.uk and got an automated reply.

I wonder how many other people have had their DD missed off?
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 13th May 19, 9:04 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    Stratus
    I wonder how many other people have had their DD missed off?
    Originally posted by JohnB47
    My April direct debit is also missing from my May invoice.

Like you, they go out of my bank on the 10th of each month.

Hopefully two payments will appear on the June invoice.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 13th May 19, 9:45 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    My April direct debit is also missing from my May invoice.

Like you, they go out of my bank on the 10th of each month.

Hopefully two payments will appear on the June invoice.
    Originally posted by Stratus

Fair enough but the slight worry is that their automated system might see the artificially lower account balance as a way to increase the DD.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 13th May 19, 4:47 PM
    • 10,911 Posts
    • 5,593 Thanks
    deanos
    My May bill has just landed it is showing April DD , i owe them £20 but they have billed me past my leaving date, i will cancel the DD otherwise another £100 will come out, did someone say earlier we get a £20 payment for being with them a year ?
    • deanos
    • By deanos 13th May 19, 4:58 PM
    • 10,911 Posts
    • 5,593 Thanks
    deanos
    Blimey, Live chat getting instant replies they have added the £20 for me for loyalty bonus.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 16th May 19, 11:58 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I've just had a reply to an email I sent to Eversmart 'bookings' on 15/03/2019 (yes, that's two months ago) saying that I didn't want a smart meter and to take my name off their bookings list.

They have removed my name from 'future contact and call lists'.

Two months to reply to an email. Is that some sort of record?
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 16th May 19, 2:28 PM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    matelodave

Two months to reply to an email. Is that some sort of record?
    Sounds pretty quick for Eversmart so I guess it must be
    • blanik
    • By blanik 17th May 19, 6:58 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    blanik
    OK till I left
    Happy eversmart customer for 18 months, no standing charge and cheap electricity.
    The tariff was coming to an end and I had to switch to get the best deal so left on the 10th April, a DD for my normal monthly amount was taken on the 16th April and I left the DD in place for the adjustment due to the expected final bill ( I calculated I was about £4 in credit ).

The May DD has just been taken for the full monthly amount, my bank has recalled the May payment and cancelled the DD.

I can login to the website - but all my details and past invoices have disappeared.

So take care, when you leave don't expect them to stop the DD!

E-mail sent to them, I'll see how long it takes to get a reply and a final bill.
    • blanik
    • By blanik 17th May 19, 7:13 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    blanik
    Might be because eversmart have 2 different account portals

https://portal.eversmartenergy.co.uk
    and
    https://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk/index.php/user/login

When you contact them, they give the stock excuse of down for maintenance when it clearly isn't and we're moving across to a new system.
    The latter link works for me currently.
    Originally posted by cing0
    Many thanks - 2nd link worked for me and I have downloaded the last 2 invoices. They have continued to bill me with estimated usage after I left.
    Last edited by blanik; 17-05-2019 at 7:22 AM. Reason: Added analysis of invoice.
    • Stratus
    • By Stratus 22nd May 19, 8:30 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    Stratus
    After raising a query via email about missing direct debit record on my last invoice, received a response couple of days ago with new invoice attached. This single invoice included all my payments and debits since joining in September. It recorded all my customer readings and included no estimates (my reading dates do not coincide with invoice dates). Everything looks fine and tallies with my saved invoices from previous months.

Be aware that all the old invoices were removed from my account so you may want to check you have your own saved for peace of mind. All the previous data from previous invoices is shown on the single invoice in my account now (but not any of the previous estimates).

A test of customer service is how they do when things go wrong and I have no complaints about how this has been handled.

Response was supposed to be in five days but it took seven. They apologised for this and I can live with that for their competitive prices.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 22nd May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    After raising a query via email about missing direct debit record on my last invoice, received a response couple of days ago with new invoice attached. This single invoice included all my payments and debits since joining in September. It recorded all my customer readings and included no estimates (my reading dates do not coincide with invoice dates). Everything looks fine and tallies with my saved invoices from previous months.

Be aware that all the old invoices were removed from my account so you may want to check you have your own saved for peace of mind. All the previous data from previous invoices is shown on the single invoice in my account now (but not any of the previous estimates).

A test of customer service is how they do when things go wrong and I have no complaints about how this has been handled.

Response was supposed to be in five days but it took seven. They apologised for this and I can live with that for their competitive prices.
    Originally posted by Stratus

My query, about a Direct Debit payment being missing from my last Invoice, was made 7 working days ago (eight counting today). Still no response.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 22nd May 19, 2:28 PM
    • 4,491 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    matelodave
    My query, about a Direct Debit payment being missing from my last Invoice, was made 7 working days ago (eight counting today). Still no response.
    Same here although my query was about 10 days ago. Just phoned them (22/5) and requested a call back rather than waiting for an indeterminate time and they responded within less than 10 minutes.

It took the operator several minutes to find both my April & May direct debits, add them to my account and give me a revise balance (my account is now in credit instead of £90 in debit) and she reckons that they are issuing a new updated bill.

I wait with keen anticipation and will download it as soon as it appears

Well, they found the April DD (I got an E-mail this morning 23/5) and they have reissued the 6th May Invoice so I've now got to wait for the 6th June invoice to check that my May payments has been correctly recorded
    Last edited by matelodave; 23-05-2019 at 2:31 PM.
    • Bendo
    • By Bendo 24th May 19, 12:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bendo
    Smart meters fitted in November, they still haven't managed to update things their end for the Gas meter, still shows the serial for the old one on invoices. Electric shows the smart meter serial but invoices suggest the reads are estimates.

Useless excuse of a company, just need to push them to sort it by October as I can imagine it will make switching fun.
    Originally posted by Bendo

Well, after live chat failed to fix it I did a complaint email and they have fixed it and given me a £20 credit.

Happy enough with that, to be honest I'd have been happy with them just sorting it, not sure how they can afford to thow money at people when they are as cheap as they are in the first place.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 24th May 19, 5:18 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Today I had a reply to my email of almost two weeks ago, about my Direct Debit not being on my last invoice. They apologised and said the invoice had been corrected.

I downloaded the new Invoice, then decided to open the old and new invoices in Adobe Reader to compare them, just in case.

They've added the DD payment OK and everything else is the same except that the 'Previous Balance' figures are slightly different.

The old Invoice says -24.08 and the new one says -24.17

So they've credited my account by 9 pence. Whoohoo!

How odd.
    • alexg515
    • By alexg515 26th May 19, 2:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alexg515
    Difficult to leave this company
    After a year with Eversmart Energy, I tried to effect a switch to a new supplier. However this move was blocked by Eversmart. It typically took about half an hour to get through to speak to them. The block was because my account was based on Estimated readings - I did not get reminders to submit meter readings. I gave my readings and a bill was calculated there and then which I paid over the phone. I was assured the block would then be removed. It wasn’t. I had to ring on two more occasions till the block was finally removed. Once the switch finally went through, I tried to log into my online account but the password was invalid and the reset password option did not work. I tried to ring but was now being quoted a wait of several hours!!! So I had to contact them through email which takes several days before I get a reply, the last email said this was “because we are very busy”. The first email described a way to try to make password reset work as they admitted they had had issues, but it did not work. The last email I have just received today had a final bill attached but I have now replied to dispute it because my supply ended 5 April but Eversmart have included charges up to 12 May. I would not recommend this company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,746Posts Today

7,961Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Mr_S_David: @MartinSLewis I don?t have a lot, but feel I?m more fortunate than a lot so hit the HAVE button, it?s not rocket science or?

• It's fascinating how some seem almost angry with me for "not defining haves and have-nots." Yet that's not the p? https://t.co/2gC22t7YAJ

• RT @melanie__King: @MartinSLewis ?Haves? to me isn?t financial or materialistic, it?s mainly about freedom of mind, not being oppressed and?

• Follow Martin