Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 10:34 AM
    • 3,485Posts
    • 39,430Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 10:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 10:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Page 320
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 17th May 19, 9:20 AM
    • 5,527 Posts
    • 81,001 Thanks
    VJsmum
    do you still get to keep your free train transport after retirement?
    Originally posted by mhagster
    Most of it. All the UK stuff and some of the European. regrettably, we lose France but c'est la vie.

Frith - what happened to Messers B - W

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Yoga

2. finished this batch of marking

3. Bought a winter jumper in the monsoon sale.

4. Took DS out for BOGOF pizza at the local caf! bar

5. Ambulance - agree Lainey, was rather gutted about Bridget..

Have a nice day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
    • Frith
    • By Frith 17th May 19, 10:35 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 47,779 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Did opening of postal vote job.

3) Went to see dad for a cup of tea.

4) Did very little all afternoon!

5) Made chicken fajitas for tea which we ate with chips from the van.

6) Have been watching television all evening.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 17th May 19, 10:54 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 39,430 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    what a long day! This morning 'normal' workday while also ensuring final organising done for 80 visitors for graduate women meet and greet (!)
    1) impromptu coffee meeting with work colleague - a useful catch-up
    then another colleague happened by and another useful catch-up
    2) successfully collected all final bits and bobs to take to lecture theatre, first of organisers already there doing lanyards yay
    3) speakers were amazing. although i'd handpicked them to give variety one is never quite sure how they'll perform. our theme was 'my story my identity' and what stories they had to tell.
    4) then off to city chambers for wine reception
    5) then off to Rep where we had booked the whole of the restaurant
    And tomorrow it all starts again at 9:45...
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 17-05-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Be like a postage stamp—stick to one thing until you get there.
    • Broomstick
    • By Broomstick 17th May 19, 11:11 PM
    • 1,477 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Broomstick
    Evening all.

Five pleasures for Friday:

1. Phone call with best most friend who's going through some similar difficulties - we make each other laugh.

2. Helping my parents with lots of practical jobs.

3. Ambulance on iplayer. Such lovely people - those paramedics are a brilliant advert for the NHS.

4. Sharp sand for the allotment was cheaper than I thought it would be. I'm trying to spend next to nothing on the plot this year.

5. Found some old pictures of my dad on a work-related Facebook page together with some lovely comments about him. Told him over the phone about them - he was so pleased.

Sweet dreams
    Bx
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 18th May 19, 5:29 AM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 38,853 Thanks
    mhagster
    Good morning! 'Tis lashing with the rainy stuff! Which is of course great for the gardens and the filling of the water butts but not so much on the walk to the mothers to feed the cats in half an hour!

So Friday was a good day. Up early walked round and fed cats. Walked back and just started baking! Made tablet, teeny tiny cupcakes, honeycomb tiffin( delicious) , carrot cake that didn't really taste very carroty , and tiny lemon loaves. Oh and lemonade scones.

Had popped out to T , used my vouchers. Met a friend & had a chat with her.

Then I walked up to the house of my new to me boss for an informal chat /interview and you really had the job before we even met you and welcome to the team! So I will be back in the land of the cafe life soon and really looking forward to this job. I had looked at this venue myself ( as a potential business for me) but felt it was just too much of an investment. Then when I saw it had been sold I'd got in touch with the new owner to wish them well ( place needed absolutely gutted) and we've bantered back and forth last few weeks and last weekend was asked if I was still interested and to send in my CV. So it's still a bit of work to be done and won't be ready for a couple of weeks but I'm really excited for what we will do and bring to the area. It's within walking distance. It's much better pay than I'm getting just now ( nada) and it's what I do and what I do well. Remind me of this after my first day/ weeks work when I'm moaning and aching.

Then home and quick call to the very pregnant niece...come on baby get oot!

Then picked up for what turned out to be a very sociable dinner at a friend's church and lovely as so many others I knew were there, including my old night sister who I worked with for 6 years , so had a good chat with her. Dinner was steak pie and then pavlova and a scliff of cheesecake... Which was foisted upon me and I really didn't want but managed to eat! So a very enjoyable evening after a very fulfilling day !

Then a chat with friend on phone when I got in.

Right...I'm off to feed some cats! Have a lovely day.
    Last edited by mhagster; 18-05-2019 at 3:40 PM.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 18th May 19, 7:33 AM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 35,295 Thanks
    LaineyT
    That conference sounds interesting DD
    Many congrats on the job Mhags

Friday pleasures,

Mushrooms and scrambled egg for breakfast.

Was cleaning the bathroom upstairs when small dog appeared so knew someone had knocked at the door, sure enough our lovely post lady stood there with a parcel.

Messenger chat with DN who has just signed for a new footie club.

A good read of my book, second instalment in B Cornwell’s interpretation of the Arthurian legend, very different but quite compelling.

Don’t know if it’s because the temperature has dropped but was hungry all day so food again, this time tea which was jumbo fish fingers in baguettes with sweet potato fries and a token salad, yum.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 18th May 19, 9:07 AM
    • 9,526 Posts
    • 31,983 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    What ho midears! May your weekends go well regardless of the weather - as I try to catch up a bit
    ampersand - "silk brocade elephant curtains" are now rippling gently in my imagination. Awed at the effort but the fun of Spits. Blinking fink tech.
    Frith - all the very best with exam season, oh good you answer the phone in an unexpected language too, I must find my BSD book & implement it, ooh sweet pea seedlings! Keeper reviewed amazingly but upbeat summer fun not quite. Dehumidifier jinks a tad bewildering. My (inspired) lads are edging towards fajitas - I may end up Being Cooked For. Some year.
    BoP - your "at last the hamsters are safe" was much my response & the children looked absolutely Baffled. Win-win, I feel. Refuse to feel any pity for ShovelMaster up against BoP powered by Bopsie & cakes of Jaffa. England cricket & cucumber - splendid stuff. ShovelMaster fetching ink? Hurrah!
    villagelife - a good book is a wonderful thing! Sounds a good day with DS1. Greenhouse much underestimated as shrewd escape - a godfather used his to do the drying in. RHS Malvern show, a few plants - it would be discourteous not to?! Cacti are a niche delight, but where they bring joy, they are welcome. Yowch bad back.
    mhagster - So much ongoing from Haggis vomiting giraffe parts (stuffed), DD needing surgery, niece great expectations [& Long Wait, poor love!], community allotment (covet!), rhubarb crumble for one (ulp), optimistic time with library bus, huuge Lidl parasol (be still, my gallumphing imagination), blasted plantar (have you helpful orthoses?), new photo frames, huzzah Splendid job & all very best to niece still awaiting greatly...
    LaineyT - ooh the Horse Show (must get tickets & go sometime - offspring monstrously inconvenient), pork & marmelade snorkers, bats awing (where?!), sudocrem almost alongside duct tape & WD40, water feature repairs so shower & bath facilities! Aw tiny skewbald foal asleep - it's the base colour not the number of colours that makes a skewbald, yes? Burghley HT & a picnic sounds a brilliant plan. Small dog advising of postie - love it!
    VJsmum - yoga & champagne, happy menfolk, BBQ & gin, all good! An unthinking breakfast is a lovesome thing. Finished a batch of marking - excellent.
    Mrs LW - every good grandparent needs bookcasing, delighted you & daughter are rescuing suitables. "we have slow worms" - there are fast ones? wild boar and damson snorkers, o my! You inspire me to check our Asda's veggie & vegan section. That ironing. Yippee HWK operated on & back - raising tea in salute!
    Dundeedoll - oh my yes the cherry blossom! Awed at your timing talent with meetings. Dead right playing ceilidh is always better when people dance - otherwise it's missing something! Splendid welcome to 2 new to have shortbread & cakes. Someone else doing lanyards - a good sign
    SuffolkSue - hurrah no falls & all the best with Blue Badge
    Flo61 - all the best with movie night in the garden!
    MrsSD - a woodpecker is a wonderful visitor. Cloakroom painting powering along & grebe & coots still nesting... Another bat on this thread - excellent!
    MandM90 - 81% dark choc & crisp sheets - if those are the rewards I must try this running bit more seriously.
    Broomstick - dead right to count the good things. Yet to meet an allotment holder who doesn't know when to go for a restorative quiet time! Decluttering a Magnum is an act of virtue. Facebook, while hazardous, can come through amazingly.

OS Pleasures recently
    “Dad has found a charity book shelf and needs change that goes jingle.” Taking my family shopping can be challenging...

“It doesn’t slink right!” Ungrateful child grousing about his slinky. He now plans to take it to friends’ houses to “see if it’s Just Our place that’s weird”..

I bought cheesestrings. The boys are going full toddler.... “Oooh it has glasses!” and so forth. My mother in law has an expression of strained tolerance.

Some days I do wonder a bit about the eBay sales, but we listed pamphlets on the care feeding & use of grenades - who are we to wonder why someone bought it?!

Youngest thought Doris Day was a holiday of some sort....

Parents grumbling about phone background rumble - failed to factor possible hearing aid interference. An interesting field of research!

Just had one of those terribly British conversations in the kitchen - chap had a really nice Tupperware bag & I happily admired & coveted, whilst trying to avoid suggesting anything improper.

You know you’ve left work late when you see the cleaners go past you...

Just seen a Ford Mustang - apparently 5 litre & with an engine purr that supports that. No idea how it comes to be pulling out of a disabled parking space but whoooh! What an engine noise!

Sign querying “are you wearing the correct PPE?” - not a clue what the correct PPE for the streets of Manchester would consist of! Did admire the biker in front of me - lovely swaggering jacket. Runner in shorts shoes & a high vis waistcoat. Lady on office frock clutching her folding umbrella.

Scout leaders, shovelling the fire pit clear, look like they are digging a body dump.... chuckling though.

The lads are Kondo-ing one of my heaps. “These mugs?” “For Christmas.” “Including this one saying “war will be over, 1915”....?

T shirt admired, reading “let’s make mistakes together” - very nearly an offer I couldn’t refuse!

Crossed one of the "future floors" to a meeting - passed collaboration spaces, power pods etc & saw that actually my colleagues were happily ensconced at desks.... Maybe we’re all too old and the millennials want this future but even the children were at desks.

Cousin celebrated her 21st - her mother posted a photo of a grandmother who shares the birthday, on her wedding day - whisked image onto ancestry as rousing congratulations sent.

Son has sent me his shopping list as Exam Candidate. His A levels start on Monday, so I was not terribly surprised. Very specific biros, clear bottled water (not eco friendly but we all make sacrifices for the Candidate) - all so far so straightforward, then "Mentos" - I queried "yes, chewing boosts exam performance" 'Eh?!" "it was on QI" ""mmmh?" "look it up - but don't tell me - the placebo effect!" I did, it is a thing & so I will meekly shop as per spec...

Some blighter has tidied my computer desk & all my envelopes of seeds left handy are neatly in a big plastic ziplock bag.

Health strength love & courage to all as have need & may all with candidates or marking or hopes of all sorts come up trumps!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 18th May 19, 3:52 PM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 38,853 Thanks
    mhagster
    Ooh I do love a DFV epic post! You sum up our week most succinctly but still no baby! Poor thing sent me a despondent text this morning! Come on baby time to meet us all!

Not actually done terribly much today.

Fed the cats. Walked the dog...not at same time as dog does not like cats.

Hoovered. Cleaned kitchen. Cleaned downstairs loo. Rain has stopped for now and there's a wee breeze so optimistically hung some washing out for a bit.

Weeded the garden.

Caught up on soaps missed last night.

Having takeaway for tea. Rather looking forward to it.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 18th May 19, 5:37 PM
    • 6,116 Posts
    • 35,444 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    The Hamster vs The Shovel Master
    Had to reads DfVs lines and thought of that, as I chuckle on mes cake of Jaffa.

Loads of pleasure today, and just how does emporium T with its data base know that it is nearly half term and cross mes and BoPise palms with silver! We missed out last time as we did not had enuff pount#, but we have not enough for a tin of bournville cocoa. A miserly £2:50. Well guess we not spend to much to their greasy palms.

Was up Norff again earlier.. seeing FiL and out laws. They’re ok.

Watching Man City win the cup.

Saw cricket last night and. Bring it on!

Now for film and some wobblefizzes.

Now it’s five, it’s a slaughter!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th May 19, 11:20 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 47,779 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A bit of a lie in.

2) Hens well.

3) Took my steam cleaner to the local Repair Caf! where it was mended by the lovely Derek.

4) Bigger son has gone to stay in a hotel with his lady friend.

5) Went to a plant sale with my sister, brother in law and niece.

6) Babysat niece this evening.

7) Have been watching Eurovision with smaller son and we are tempted to go to the Netherlands next year to watch it live!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 19th May 19, 6:21 AM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 35,295 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Fab post as always DFV my understanding is that piebalds are black & white whilst skewbalds are white plus another colour.

Saturday pleasures,

A lie-in followed by boiled egg with soldeirs.

Found a couple of cards for upcoming family birthdays in our village garden centre plus restocked the bird food as the ever hungry parents are really going through it.

Stood under the large horse chestnut at the yard and listened to the gentle hum of all the bees on the candle blossoms.

Equine girlie redeemed herself with exemplary behaviour and was certainly a pleasure to be around.

Southern Fried chicken thighs for tea with homemade slaw, no Eurovision for us but we did catch up on The BB Theory and Young Sheldon.
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 19th May 19, 3:03 PM
    • 6,116 Posts
    • 35,444 Thanks
    Stoved Inn!
    LT. Boiled eggs. Proper food!

Just got dinner on. Home chicken and mushroom pie, pan gravy, minted jerseys cauliflower and leeks. Ministrome soup and the thirst of the year, spotted Richard with lumpy custard. Quiet pleased as last time I has mes roller out with me short crust, it ended up like a patchwork quilt. Today is perfection!

Had not for a while seen the singers, but I did pick two of the top three. Still, ours was carp, no bite.

Watching cricket. Down to nine. Then Tom slings a few for 29.

Right just putting wobblefizz into refrigerator for later.

It’s going to be some occasion this!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 19th May 19, 6:39 PM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 38,853 Thanks
    mhagster
    Pleasures 1-100 we have a baby boy! Born this afternoon and cuddled by me just a couple of hours later. He's just gorgeous and I'm honoured to have been allowed in so soon to see him.

Before all that there was cat feeding and dog walking.

Wandered back round to do some hoovering and floor washing at the mothers. So much untidiness.

Home and then got a phone call. Had to call sister and nephew and let them know. Then we were allowed to visit once his sister had met him.

A good day
    • Frith
    • By Frith 19th May 19, 7:14 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 47,779 Thanks
    Frith
    Congratulations, MHags!

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A proper, long sleep! First in over 2 months - I woke up at 9.30.

2) Picked bigger son up after his night away.

3) Hens well.

4) Watched many episodes of Fleabag.

5) Kedgeree for tea.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Broomstick
    • By Broomstick 19th May 19, 10:31 PM
    • 1,477 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Broomstick
    Evening all

Lovely news Mhags - both baby and the future employment.
    Frith for the long sleep.

Five pleasures for this weekend:

1. Multiple visits to my parents - gradually working out how to support them better. DS1 accompanied me today and was a star.

2. Beetroot salad for lunch.

3. Long afternoon nap.

4. What the Durrells Did Next on ITV catch up.

5. Found an important book I needed for some urgent work and had lost. Had already ordered a temporary replacement from the library (now cancelled so reservation costs saved).

Sweet dreams
    Bx
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 20th May 19, 7:26 AM
    • 2,806 Posts
    • 35,295 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Many congrats to you and your family Mhags

Sunday pleasures,

A rough nights sleep, came downstairs just after 6am so the pleasure of that first cup of tea and cuddles with small dog.

Bacon butties and catching up on all things Ambridge.

Tbh felt quite rough all day, had to cancel some social plans and spent most of the day either reading or snoozing.

Did get out for a evening walk, the skylarks were singing high up above the field and the swifts were circling the cottage catching their last meal of the day.

Watched GW and now looking forward to RHS Chelsea being on tv all week.
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 20th May 19, 11:12 AM
    • 6,116 Posts
    • 35,444 Thanks
    And you know I’m Write?
    LT good to see yous is eating properly, though we call them Bacon Banjos or Bacon and Egg Banjos. Even better ifs they squirt!
    MHags. New arrival.
    Nows Frith, fors a good nights sleep BoP advises that yous take proper cocoa and none of the faddy things or foam drinks. And plenty of water, in fact one should has a least a litre of water each day. Never any caffeine drink after one in the post noon! Not that I do give my own medical opinion, but hey, lets hear it for the quack!

Nows as yous are aware the shovel master has agreed my terms, the HR types and recruiters are seeing they has missed out on my skills. So just this mourning, another fantastic opportunity has arrived inns me email sin box. Only this is, they expect to see daylight through my overalls and want me to put my head on the block and have tomatoes thrown at me. That is just a complete waste of food. I have cleaned the shovel and is happy here! In facts I has a news souped up shovel as well. Just waiting for IT to fully downgrade the thing!

Nows we has that, tomorrows I should tells you who I has not seen live in concert!

And after YestDays massive festing dinner of minestrone soup, chicken pie, without the usual patchwork quilt pastry, and spotted Richard with lumpy custard, today’s lunch box has a special treat, a decent tart. Jam tart! Lest see that gets through the profanity fllters! Oh, and a chocolate w8rs digestive as well! Oh, the mini oranges that’s weres on offer at the emporium last weak, were no on offer this weak. So we has proper oranges this lunch box. Satsumas. BoPsie put away last day, and put them mixed into the Anyway for tea tonight we has the second helping of the fantasist home maid chicken and mushroom pie. Afterwards BoP will indulge inn the mini chocolate covered ice cream lolly! Nowts the only undulge BoP will has this weak!

And I fear that the goggle tracking device may no longer function, just like the T database, follows you round the emporium and then sends you a little cash for the holiday! Then ask yourself why does the goggle thing knows about the traffic when it tracks yous position and passes this back. Please use the duck!

At least the Nero Gaff gave out free tea to the invalids. Mind you we hear so much about some circus show with Jeremy? Just think, one suicide is one too many? Tow on an Island of self non importance. My dear, I get more the £250 a day! No one gives a flying monkey’s toss about 71 suicides from old soldiers in our recent past? Support Soldiers off the Streets. 200 years this has been going on. Roll the Thunder.

Talking of Thunder, just reading about the exploits of William Lawrence Bragg during the Great War and how he was ceremoniously blown of the privy! Oh, and how he developed a method for listening! I just felt like going through the movements!

Keep off the snake oil everyone!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 20th May 19, 5:58 PM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 38,853 Thanks
    mhagster
    Lying atop my bed catching up on Masterchef Australia!

Allotment for 8am. Picked my first crop of radishes and a couple of lettuce.

Then had to pick up a few things for niece. Had to go into town as locally didn't have what we needed. Dropped it off at hospital.

Whilst in town went into a couple of charity shops. In the cheapy one got a beautiful (but bit itchy so will need a top underneath) pink jumper. A stripy shirt and a green top . £1 each. Then in BHF a pair of cropped black trousers and 2 RTC teeshirts. Then as I was paying ( and clock watching as parking ticket was nearly up) saw a few things I liked. Very me! Apparently they'd had a huge donation . So a lovely pair of candle holders. A wicker heart. And the same enamel set I'd donated in Melbourne!

Quick nip to hospital then home and quick dog walk and quick lunch and quick shower!

Then back to visit my baby boy! Lots of cuddles. They've just arrived home.

Brought a pile of their washing home. Will try and help where I can this week. Before work starts . Babygro and vests on the line. Day started cloudy but has brightened up now.

Mince for tea with a puff pastry top. Cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli.
    Last edited by mhagster; 20-05-2019 at 8:37 PM.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 20th May 19, 8:15 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 47,779 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (is it still Monday?!)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son started his second week of GCSEs OK.

3) I sat in Sainsburys where hot drinks are down to £1 so I had 2 pots of tea!

4) Plantar fasciitis has returned nastily so I "treated" myself to some new insoles to replace my worn ones. They've made a difference already!

5) Lost 3lbs on the Blood Sugar Diet.

6) Hens very well. They are still a bit shy around me so rarely settle or keep still. I sat on my crate in the sunshine and they went into the long grass by me and lay down and stretched their wings out to sunbathe! That is a first.

7) General tidy up after lunch and made a bean stew for tea.

8) My brother came round for board games.

9) Took bigger son to the climbing wall where he climbed with my brother in law.

10) In bed now and about to watch Ghosts.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 20th May 19, 8:55 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 39,430 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    congrats mhags
    echo thanks for epic posts dfv
    1) day 2 of conference also epic - 3 fab talks from academics then 5 pecha kuchas from members then lunch and tour at Verdant works then mum and i went off for much loved retired canon's memorial service
    2) then dd2 picked me up, whizz back for equipment, into work to print out song sheets for not the eurovision song contest then over to greet piper, greet 80 graduate women and some partners, set up band with mrpiano and dd1
    3) then eat, drink and be merry. not much space for dancing, but who needs space for a gay gordons? singalong was epic
    4) sunday morning, st andrews with 5 others (some went to glamis, some stayed in dundee, some had left). lovely lunch in pub overlooking the old course
    5) and home for supper and a long soak in the bath
    and for today
    1) brisk walk to city campus, nice to stretch my legs
    2) managed to end inbox with 144 emails fewer than when the work day started :J
    3) dd2 came picked me up from work and we
    4) went to mum's as she's off south tomorrow for 3 weeks
    5) mrpiano had cooked me supper and is now playing Schubert
    Be like a postage stamp—stick to one thing until you get there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,822Users online

Martin's Twitter