Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,668Posts
    • 28,882Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 538
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th May 19, 8:10 AM
    • 26,132 Posts
    • 69,125 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Trying to buy a Liverpool shirt for grandson's birthday. Chose it, went to delivery details and filled it in. Pressed save only for the damn form to go blank.

It happened 3 times! I felt like leaving it, but DS has only given me the suggestion last minute - as usual. No time to buy one from a shop and post it.

That was yesterday and I was in a grumpy mood all day. Nothing went right. Even carp on television.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th May 19, 10:35 AM
    • 9,468 Posts
    • 31,742 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    The more space you start with, the worse the arguments as it’s “misused”.
    And when the Kondo joy includes sheer “getting their stuff out of my space” which isn’t Kondo, it’s petty.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 19th May 19, 5:33 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 15,272 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's irritations'

Myself & Mr Dontone decided to visit the new(ish) Ikea store in Sheffield for the first time today.
    Why do some parents allow their brats to use that store as a giant playground?
    Had some of them swinging round on chairs, pulling the tape measures of the hooks, and general messing about when you are trying to look at 'fleurguflergulls'
    The clincher was one parent who let their child lay on the very bottom of the trolley where the castors are attached so they could pretend to be a crab.
    It had disaster waiting to happen written all over it. Course, it would have been the shop's fault had something had happened.
    Where do we get these folk from?
    that's all, carry on

bonus grumble. The site is playing up for me atm. I can post on threads like this, but some of the others, the screen goes blank when I hit quote or reply. Is this happening to anybody else??
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th May 19, 7:49 PM
    • 26,132 Posts
    • 69,125 Thanks
    pollypenny
    The more space you start with, the worse the arguments as it’s “misused”.
    And when the Kondo joy includes sheer “getting their stuff out of my space” which isn’t Kondo, it’s petty.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory

I've had a big sort out of clothes, replacing winter with summer - I can always hope!

I tried the Kondo way of folding and standing tee-shirts, but my drawers are too deep. I've got some Ikea dividers, but I've still wasted space.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Missli
    • By Missli 19th May 19, 8:09 PM
    • 7,196 Posts
    • 16,959 Thanks
    Missli
    Nothings irritated me
    Started at 11.5 stone 11th May 2019
    17/5 11.3!
    24/5 11.2
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th May 19, 10:39 PM
    • 28,789 Posts
    • 15,966 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Videogames that expect you to read their minds as that is the only way to know how to do certain tasks. And this of course means you end up resorting to youtube to find out how to do it. For example locks on lockers containing goodies having a three letter combination and theres nothing in the game to say or even give you a clue what it might be.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st May 19, 11:06 AM
    • 55,228 Posts
    • 152,310 Thanks
    colinw
    The voice in the lift which I have just been wearing at for the past 3 minutes as it took me to every floor but the one I wanted..."Mind the doors"...yes f*** you lift voice my coffee is getting cold....
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 21st May 19, 7:52 PM
    • 4,878 Posts
    • 49,308 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Lazy !!!! builders who cannot be bothered to hang doors again that they removed.
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £550/£1809
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st May 19, 7:57 PM
    • 55,228 Posts
    • 152,310 Thanks
    colinw
    AE’s they keep posters from posting on here
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 21st May 19, 8:25 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 1,450 Thanks
    MissPickle
    I've missed Hatton Garden.
    I was nattering.
    It's that Wills fault
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st May 19, 9:26 PM
    • 19,180 Posts
    • 48,688 Thanks
    elsien
    I've missed Years and Years trying to sort out the parking ticket that was overlooked being paid for earlier. Particularly when their blasted website doesn't give the information needed to pay, and my phone is apparently too old to support the app.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 21st May 19, 9:28 PM
    • 12,014 Posts
    • 32,180 Thanks
    suki1964
    Originally posted by colinw

Its not so much the AEs per say , it this new thing where they are coming back as their animals

The first one was quite amusing, now this forum feels like either a children's playground or a complete micky take of the rules
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st May 19, 9:37 PM
    • 19,180 Posts
    • 48,688 Thanks
    elsien
    Its not so much the AEs per say , it this new thing where they are coming back as their animals

The first one was quite amusing, now this forum feels like either a children's playground or a complete micky take of the rules
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Missed that - is it a one off or is there a few of them doing it?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 21st May 19, 9:43 PM
    • 12,014 Posts
    • 32,180 Thanks
    suki1964
    Missed that - is it a one off or is there a few of them doing it?
    Originally posted by elsien

A few

Its now to the point where each post you are talking to a so called animal

Whilst this forum is supposed to be light hearted, compared to DT, how the hell can you supposed to have a conversation with a banned member back as a cockerel?
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 22nd May 19, 7:04 AM
    • 17,181 Posts
    • 36,589 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Trying to do five years of tidying up and sorting out in five days due to outlaws coming over for a week from Sunday

What's not in loft will likely go in shed. For another five years!
    Weekly Distance Walked 19 km / Total For Year 676 km
    • Kered
    • By Kered 22nd May 19, 9:57 AM
    • 3,448 Posts
    • 18,977 Thanks
    Kered
    Originally posted by colinw
    How does that work exactly?
    Do they stand over you and wrap your knuckles if you use the keyboard?

It's the serial reporters that stop people posting
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd May 19, 10:01 AM
    • 55,228 Posts
    • 152,310 Thanks
    colinw
    How does that work exactly?
    Do they stand over you and wrap your knuckles if you use the keyboard?

It's the serial reporters that stop people posting
    Originally posted by Kered
    To get this right I am moaning about people using many many AE's and even talking to themselves in some threads, it is a tricky one to moan about as certain people will think it is targeted at them and it is not.....I know some people have come back as another name after being in many case harshly banned, I am not moaning about that
    • Kered
    • By Kered 22nd May 19, 10:09 AM
    • 3,448 Posts
    • 18,977 Thanks
    Kered
    Yes I get that but how do they stop people posting?

I currently have 3 members on ignore and even if they have been quoted, I just ignore them and post what I want to post.

Having said that, I don't post as much as I used to, I only log in if I have cat pictures to put on the lolcats thread then I wander about the forum before disappearing for a while again.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 22nd May 19, 3:55 PM
    • 4,980 Posts
    • 4,679 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Was on way to hospital today, woman at bus stop for no reason turned to me and gave me a "evil" glare, then when bus arrived despite me having my hand out and her not even near kerb she rushed to the door when it arrived knowing I was first.

Then after my chest X ray due to severe cough I went to the bus stop at hospital, there was smokers inside and outside of it, bad enough normally but when I just had a chest x ray felt really annoying.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 22nd May 19, 4:02 PM
    • 6,021 Posts
    • 19,829 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Forums in general aren't as good as they used to be even a couple of years ago.
    I think in some cases the AE thing has been justified here.
    Multiple AEs talking to each other is taking the proverbial though IMHO.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,761Posts Today

8,015Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• RT @justinbones: Just looking at how the bad weather may be impacting business and the economy. Thankfully someone has already looked at th?

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @EmmaBarnett from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin