Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's correct. June won't be available to use in your case until May 14th. There will be others available on May 1st which will be immediately usable. They should cover your usage. Snack pack, simple saver may, another jumbo and I suspect another dual in the crown will become available before your review date
  • dave_dph
    dave_dph Posts: 617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Tafrock

My August Future Pack is £6.88, not £3.57; is that because my estimated usage is different to yours?
  • Tafrock
    Indeed it is dave. My annual usage is low at 3037 kWh as I use gas for heating

Powerpack prices vary according to customer usage. It's very clever. I enjoy buying electricity this way
  • Tafrock
    Your percentage discount is probably the same on that pack though. Dreadfully low at 10.8%. Just so you know we had winter jumbos at 37.2% available in December January and February. Mine cost £11.06 for £17.60 worth electricity. Look forward to them again.
  • dave_dph
    Being all electric my total usage is quite high at around 8900 kwh per year, although, 74% of this is on the lower night rate, which I've perfected over the years!
  • Tafrock
    Don't hesitate to ask for any help or advice dave. There are plenty of helpful folks on this forum
  • dave_dph
    One last question for tonight.....

My tariff info for Easy Saver states 'Your effective prices if you buy all Powerpacks'

By 'all powerpacks' do they mean all packs for the current review period or all packs including all future packs x their max allowance?
  • Tafrock
    I guess it means all powerpacks available to you. I pay no attention to that. I just buy whatever I need to cover my monthly usage. Any powerpacks above 20% discount I always buy. My rates always better the figure they quote there. My worst unit cost was my first month. It worked out to 11.49p per kWh. My best was an unbelievable 7.99p per kWh for my review ending on December 13th. Its crept back up to 9.601 p now. But I think you'll agree that's still an incredible unit rate
  • dave_dph
    Yes that is a great rate, nearly as low as my Easy Saver estimated night rate of 7.17p.

I guess this will all become clearer after I've received a couple of months reviews.
  • Tafrock
    Yes it will. Powershop supply you with a raft of information at review time. Ensure you read your meter regularly and submit it to powershop via the app or website. I do mine daily. That way all the estimated usage is as accurate as possible. It takes 2 to 3 months for everything to settle down but it's worth it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback