Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    • 35,636Posts
    • 41,790Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 7:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 2
    • rexel
    • By rexel 1st Jul 16, 9:09 AM
    • 544 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    rexel
    cancel sky got 50% of on my account next day will wait until one day before I am turned of and talk to them v chat
    • downer27
    • By downer27 1st Jul 16, 9:17 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    downer27
    No success
    Not having realised I was at end of my offers I phoned sky .35 minutes waiting for an agent to even connect with me .Offered 25o/o off original package and same of line rental .Broadband runs until November so was told I would need to ring again .Last bill was over 58 as I did not realise offers were ended . They were always more than agreed amount apart from one month . ,Result after being with Sky from the beginning in different homes there was no compromise and my broadband and phone are cancelled I have the 25o/o off original tv left but feel I should cancel it in cooling off period ,Feel as a disabled Oap very let down by Sky No reward for loyalty at all .Any advice appreciated .
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 1st Jul 16, 10:36 AM
    • 9,172 Posts
    • 5,465 Thanks
    teddysmum
    What you should have done was cancel the tv, then negotiate the bb/phone later. You would very likely have been offered 50% off tv on cancellation.

If you cancel broadband and phone before your minimum period ends,you will incur a cease charge on the broadband and have to be without while choosing another provider. You can get a cease charge even after the minimum term if you don't instruct another company to take over.

If your monthly payments were more than agreed, this could be because you don't have a fixed price calls package.

There is no 'reward' for loyalty , as they expect you to leave then have to bribe you to stay. This is to their advantage, as some people (obviously not members of this site) just carry on paying the full price.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 01-07-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 1st Jul 16, 11:42 AM
    • 6,508 Posts
    • 4,398 Thanks
    csgohan4
    you all get better success via the online chat than directly chatting to them? Of course after canceling
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 1st Jul 16, 1:11 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    steveE2
    Just been offered 60% and 100 credit for 12 month contract .......decision by end of July 3rd

• Tommy86
    • By Tommy86 1st Jul 16, 4:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tommy86
    Just been offered 60% and 100 credit for 12 month contract .......decision by end of July 3rd
    Originally posted by steveE2
    How did you manage to get this offer? I have mentioned this offer to them and they keep denying it's existence.
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 1st Jul 16, 7:05 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    steveE2
    How did you manage to get this offer? I have mentioned this offer to them and they keep denying it's existence.
    Originally posted by Tommy86
    Cancelled end of April when they definitely couldn't do any better than 35% for 9 months.
    Then offered:
    15% * 12 months contract
    30% * 12 months no contract
    50% * 12 months contract
    50% * 12 months contract +50 credit last Saturday (25/06) email stating this will be your final offer.
    60%*12 months +100 credit as per post in email yesterday to be accepted by 3rd July (hence the timer)

Not really missed Sky to be honest but this does seem as though its too good not to accept.

Updated pic showing packages and prices

• csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 2nd Jul 16, 6:18 AM
    • 6,508 Posts
    • 4,398 Thanks
    csgohan4
    Cancelled end of April when they definitely couldn't do any better than 35% for 9 months.
    Then offered:
    15% * 12 months contract
    30% * 12 months no contract
    50% * 12 months contract
    50% * 12 months contract +50 credit last Saturday (25/06) email stating this will be your final offer.
    60%*12 months +100 credit as per post in email yesterday to be accepted by 3rd July (hence the timer)

Not really missed Sky to be honest but this does seem as though its too good not to accept.

Updated pic showing packages and prices

Originally posted by steveE2

So you basically left SKY first formally before you got those offers, interesting
    • M271
    • By M271 2nd Jul 16, 1:59 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    M271
    I have been with Sky for the last 25 years on the full TV package and getting various 'deals' along the way, I also now have Phone and Broadband with them.

The 50%+ deals mentioned in this thread are these just for TV and do you 'negotiate' the phone/broadband separately? I would be uncomfortable cancelling the phone and broadband and then no retention offer comes through and I lose communications!
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 3rd Jul 16, 12:58 PM
    • 2,908 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    lee111s
    I have been with Sky for the last 25 years on the full TV package and getting various 'deals' along the way, I also now have Phone and Broadband with them.

The 50%+ deals mentioned in this thread are these just for TV and do you 'negotiate' the phone/broadband separately? I would be uncomfortable cancelling the phone and broadband and then no retention offer comes through and I lose communications!
    Originally posted by M271

They're seperate services so you only need to cancel your TV. You might be better off switching landline and broadband suppliers and using top cash back.
    • chicklitfan
    • By chicklitfan 9th Jul 16, 4:16 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chicklitfan
    Cancelled and due to go off on 12th july. Been on live chat and offered 50% off tv with sports and movies, no discount on hd or multiroom for 10 months no contract and 50 credit. They had no discount on line rental but offered free bb for 12 months contract. Has anyone had any better offers recently? Declined both offers but will try again tomorrow or Monday
    • Spellbinder
    • By Spellbinder 11th Jul 16, 10:13 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Spellbinder
    My 60% deal ran out and I cancelled. TV went off 4th July. Went on live chat today and was offered similar deal to previous poster. I was told 60% deal others have posted about recently has ended. I declined offer for now and will wait a while before trying again.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 12th Jul 16, 5:10 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    GTR King
    I rung up as my 50% for 12 months was coming to and end...

I had
    Sky Family HD
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Go
    monthly cost 33.57

12 Months Contract...

I rung up & asked to cancel as prices was going up to 71.50 & too expensive & would only stay if he offered me a good deal...

He would only give me 25% off as told him about 20% off letter...

The he said let me get back to you after about a min or so he offered me 40% off

57.30 for
    Sky Family HD
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Go Extra (Free)
    Multi room
    12 months contract...
    60 Installation fee

He said he couldn't do any better...

is this a good deal? I Just wanted it sorted

Is this a god deal
    Last edited by GTR King; 12-07-2016 at 5:13 PM.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 12th Jul 16, 5:54 PM
    • 2,109 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    nickcc
    Cancelled Sky 4 months ago and changed to freesat and Now. What an absolute pain in the bum this is, may have reduced our overheads by 80 per month but the daily problems we get can't be worth it. Unfortunately after laying out for two Humax freesat boxes we are now left with the choice of throwing over 450 away and re signing with Sky or staying with what we've got.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Jul 16, 12:32 AM
    • 24,769 Posts
    • 14,291 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    What "daily problems" ?
    • chicklitfan
    • By chicklitfan 13th Jul 16, 8:33 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chicklitfan
    Well there was no better offer from live chat so sky tv goes off today Kids not happy but we have freeview Now tv firestick etc so we will survive!
    • shavy65
    • By shavy65 13th Jul 16, 9:45 AM
    • 480 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    shavy65
    A "good" firestick or a regular firestick?
    • lydriver
    • By lydriver 14th Jul 16, 7:47 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    lydriver
    I currently have 2 multi room sub's and the full pack. No longer need either multiroom but wanted to try getting the full pack discounted
    Should I cancel the 2 multirooms 1st, then fully cancel the package? Or jut cancel all at once?
    • chicklitfan
    • By chicklitfan 14th Jul 16, 7:55 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chicklitfan
    'Regular' firestick being delivered today (bought from amazon on prime day for 9.99 after using the Audible free 10 credit!!) hopefully it will become 'good' for us
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Jul 16, 7:32 PM
    • 24,769 Posts
    • 14,291 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Should I cancel the 2 multirooms 1st, then fully cancel the package? Or jut cancel all at once?
    Originally posted by lydriver
    The cancellation of a Multi-Room subscription won't by itself lead to Sky offering a deal on your whole package, but if you no longer need them then there is no point retaining them.

So cancel everything and if you are offered a good deal to return then do so without the unnecessary add-ons..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

3,011Users online

Martin's Twitter