Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    • 35,062Posts
    • 41,149Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 7:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 137
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 16th May 19, 12:17 PM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Coming up for my own renewal.
    Current package for 61 black Friday deal from 2017:

Sky Q
    Entertainment & Kids
    HD
    Boxsets
    Sky Fibre Max
    Sky Pay As You Talk (no home phone)
    Line Rental

Used the online chat and for 51 was offered.
    Sky Q
    Entertainment = 22
    Boxsets = 5
    HD = 5
    Sky Fibre Max = 29.50
    Line Rental

Phoned to see if I couldn't get a better deal and was told that they couldn't match the online offer.

Any thoughts and opinions appreciated.
    Originally posted by adnanr34
    The above for a new customer comes to 61.50 for separate packages or 59 when taking the combined TV/Fibre package so I'd say it's not brilliant TBH. Do you know what the breakdown of the charges are?
    • alarge
    • By alarge 16th May 19, 12:44 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    alarge
    Hi

Due to cancel on Saturday (18th May) so two days to go.

Currently have pretty much everything...

Sky Q with Entertainment, Boxsets, HD, Kids, Multiroom (needed for 4K) and FibreMax Broadband. Also two mobiles on Sky Mobile SIM only 6pm deal.

Was paying 70 pm at the start but over the 18 months it raised to 78. Have tried calling various teams to see what deal I could get. The best was when Sky rang me one saturday a few weeks ago and offered it all for 80 per month. Whenever I call them however it only ever gets as good as 86 sometimes they say 92.

Have seen people on here have logged in and went to www.sky.com/mydeal. When I go on it says...

Sky Entertainment 22 > 15
    Kids 5 > 1
    Box Sets 5 > 1
    HD 5 > 1
    Cinema and Sports 41 > 22
    ---------------------------
    Total 78 > 40 per month (for 12 months)

If I add the 13 for multiroom and the 27 for fibremax (these are the base prices I believe) that comes to 80 pm.

Been looking at the Vodafone broadband for 26 pm and 100 Amazon voucher and NOW TV Don't want to lose Sports (not paying NOW TV price for it) and 4K cinema etc but in reality bluray is much better quality and 4k on sky doesn't seem that good to me.

I think that I am being offered about 50% off but I'm not sure that they could do more on Broadband and definitely something on the multi room? This is the first time I am realistically going to go through with the cancellation I think as I can no longer justify 80 combined for it.
    • adnanr34
    • By adnanr34 16th May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    adnanr34
    The above for a new customer comes to 61.50 for separate packages or 59 when taking the combined TV/Fibre package so I'd say it's not brilliant TBH. Do you know what the breakdown of the charges are?
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Here is the breakdown that I was given:

18 month contract
    Sky Q
    Entertainment = 15
    Boxsets = 4
    HD = 4
    Sky Fibre Max = 13
    Line Rental = 14.99
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 17th May 19, 8:17 PM
    • 3,936 Posts
    • 2,943 Thanks
    saintscouple
    I was a Sky Legacy customer with a 2tb Sky box and a 40% discount which expires in August, on a rolling contract. Was paying 34 a month.

Have lost interest in F1 so went on messenger today and negotiated the following on a 18 month contract -

Entertainment 13
    Hd 1
    Box-Sets 1
    = 15 a month

I lose kids channels and F1 which i don't need and save 19 a month.
    • Panda666uk
    • By Panda666uk 18th May 19, 5:32 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Panda666uk
    This is the deal i got yesterday with a 20 payment for a SkyQ 1TB box but looked at other peoples deals today and contacted them again but said that's the best they can do so cancelled sky, lets hope something pops up better before its cancelled lol

18 month contract
    Sky Q
    Entertainment = 22
    Sky Cinema = 11
    HD = 5
    Sky Go Extra = 5
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 21st May 19, 1:06 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mouse10
    Left Sky a couple of months ago. Just had a come back to us email offering entertainment for 11, 12 month contract. Best offer before that was 15.
    Charles J
    • imavillan
    • By imavillan 21st May 19, 5:30 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imavillan
    I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from 75.25pm to a whopping 124.50.
    This is for (with an old HD box)
    Box Sets Bundle
    Sports HD
    Cinema
    Sky Go Extra
    Entertainment
    BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
    After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q i was eventually offered the following....
    Entertainment - 22
    HD - 5
    Box Sets - 5
    Cinema - 11
    Sport - 16
    BB & Phone - 20 - or super fast BB for 27

Package comes in at 79
    4 more than i was paying on a new 18 month contract.
    My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

Would appreciate peoples opinions and other experiences to guide me.

cheers
    • Panda666uk
    • By Panda666uk 21st May 19, 7:59 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Panda666uk
    I cancelled 2 days ago and got a retention's email today so signed up for another 12 months with the below.

Entertainment 15
    Cinema 10
    HD 1
    Kids 1
    Box Sets 1
    Free Sky+ HD WiFi Box
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 22nd May 19, 5:57 AM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from 75.25pm to a whopping 124.50.
    This is for (with an old HD box)
    Box Sets Bundle
    Sports HD
    Cinema
    Sky Go Extra
    Entertainment
    BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
    After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q i was eventually offered the following....
    Entertainment - 22
    HD - 5
    Box Sets - 5
    Cinema - 11
    Sport - 16
    BB & Phone - 20 - or super fast BB for 27

Package comes in at 79
    4 more than i was paying on a new 18 month contract.
    My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

Would appreciate peoples opinions and other experiences to guide me.

cheers
    Originally posted by imavillan
    The BB offer isn't bad and if you get the higher figure for downloads (I'm restricted to the lower 38Mbps deal for instance) then I would accept that, schedule a cancellation for the TV though, that's the usual terrible first offer. If they try to claim the BB offer is dependant on accepting the TV offer then look for a better BB deal (you should have the offers from other companies in front of you ready).
    • imavillan
    • By imavillan 23rd May 19, 2:01 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imavillan
    UPDATE:

Just called them and got through to cancellation and after being on the phone for an hour.

Got Everything i have now, Ent, Sports, Box Sets, Cinema, HD, Plus an upgrade to a new SQ 2TB box +mini box, multi room, Super fast BB, phone calls

Offered this for 84pm

30 for the SQ 2TB Box

10 activation fee.

all on a new 18 month contract

Now, i am quite happy with this as it gives me Sky Q and multi room and the Super Fast BB for a little more than what i was paying and an improvement (with the upgraded equipment) on my previous offer.

I understand the ''actually'' cancel bit and they call you back, but given i am having the SkyQ 2TB box and BB upgrade would there be much more to come.

Looking around the net, the 2TB SkyQ box comes in at 199 !!!

Left it with them that i'm thinking about it.

If i do actually cancel, when could i expect a call from them?
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 23rd May 19, 3:33 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Boohoo
    UPDATE:

Just called them and got through to cancellation and after being on the phone for an hour.

Got Everything i have now, Ent, Sports, Box Sets, Cinema, HD, Plus an upgrade to a new SQ 2TB box +mini box, multi room, Super fast BB, phone calls

Offered this for 84pm

30 for the SQ 2TB Box

10 activation fee.

all on a new 18 month contract

Now, i am quite happy with this as it gives me Sky Q and multi room and the Super Fast BB for a little more than what i was paying and an improvement (with the upgraded equipment) on my previous offer.

I understand the ''actually'' cancel bit and they call you back, but given i am having the SkyQ 2TB box and BB upgrade would there be much more to come.

Looking around the net, the 2TB SkyQ box comes in at 199 !!!

Left it with them that i'm thinking about it.

If i do actually cancel, when could i expect a call from them?

The Sky Q is only 0 as you only rent/loan the equitment from Sky and it is never yours( aaprt from the broadband hub) so you saying on the net it's 199 means nothing. The 30 you are paying doesn't mean the box and mini are yours.

You may also not get this offer when you call back and it maybe more expensive or cheaper, it will all depend on the person you message/chat to.

You can put in to cancel and then go to your mydeal link to see what they offer but as you are on Skyhd the offer maybe just for that equitment.

Sky are playing hard to deal with at the mo the choice is yours really as you are the one that will be paying for any deal you get or nothing if you cancel and they switch off.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 23rd May 19, 8:12 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    Vegastare
    I noticed that my Sky is increasing in August.
    Walking through shopping center past by Sky Stand thought I'd ask, he was able to look online and told me to contact Sky one month before and say I wanted to cancel......when they try to offer options insist on speaking to cancellation team, as they can offer best deals.

Does anyone have a direct number for them
    • imavillan
    • By imavillan 24th May 19, 4:30 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imavillan
    I noticed that my Sky is increasing in August.
    Walking through shopping center past by Sky Stand thought I'd ask, he was able to look online and told me to contact Sky one month before and say I wanted to cancel......when they try to offer options insist on speaking to cancellation team, as they can offer best deals.

Does anyone have a direct number for them
    Originally posted by Vegastare
    This is the number i called

0333 759 0929

then ask to speak to the cancellation team and they should put you through.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 24th May 19, 7:42 AM
    • 6,065 Posts
    • 4,018 Thanks
    csgohan4
    This is the number i called

0333 759 0929

then ask to speak to the cancellation team and they should put you through.

If your paying 27 for fibre, your being ripped off, there are much cheaper offers at present
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 24th May 19, 8:22 AM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    If your paying 27 for fibre, your being ripped off, there are much cheaper offers at present
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    27 for (presumably) the 63MB fibre isn't 'being ripped off', true there are lower 'effective' prices out there but there tend to be caveats involved such as being through Vodafone

Sky are generally a very good company to work with.
    • imavillan
    • By imavillan 24th May 19, 9:44 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imavillan
    yes its the superfast 63mb BB
    and yes its coming in at 27pm

i know i can get it cheaper else where, but as an overall package of 84 and getting SkyQ it doesnt seem too bad to me. so i'll probably go for it.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 24th May 19, 1:28 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Just to mention - as of Feb 2020 likes of Sky and BT etc will have to send written or email notifying you of contract coming to an end. New Ofcom ruling.

I know some companies may do - but to my mind Sky don't.

Thanks for the number of cancellations
    • lgardner
    • By lgardner 26th May 19, 2:19 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    lgardner
    Iv just cancelled my sky deal was paying 31 for

Everything apart from movies inc sports, jumped up to 54 and they offered me it for 40 so cancelled. See if i have any deals if not im not too fussed so will look elsewhere
    • Frugal Geek
    • By Frugal Geek 27th May 19, 1:04 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frugal Geek
    I was reading this thread to evaluate the offers Sky were making so I thought I'd post about my result.

I'd been on a special offer with them for 18 months and my bill recently jumped up to 41.50 a month for Entertainment, Kids, HD and Box sets on the Sky HD box.

My goal was to secure a decent deal and upgrade to Sky Q in the process.

I started with a live chat were they made an offer that again, given the posts on this thread, I knew wasn't all that great. I explained that I planned to move to BT's 4K package since I'm an existing customer and they have a fantastic offer on at the moment (bluff of course). After some back and forth, these were the offers I received over live chat:
    • Entertainment + Kids + HD + Box sets - 18
    • Sky Q Experience - 13
    • Cinema - 9
    • Sports - 18
    • Upfront cost for boxes (Sky Q 2TB + mini box) and installation - 40
    • Upfront admin fee - 5

I was happy with the offers and opted to take everything except sports for 40/mo. Things rapidly went downhill however.

The particular form of live chat I was using was far from instant. Responses frequently took 15+ minutes. This was explained at the start of the chat as a feature which is mind boggling but I persevered nonetheless. The chat went on for hours and although I’d accepted the offer, the support agent’s shift came to an end at 8PM and chat closed. This was despite being reassured that as his shift was coming to an end, I’d merely be passed on to a colleague to complete the order. Instead I was greeted with a message asking me to check back for a reply in the morning when chat reopened.

Morning came and I signed in to the site only to find all traces of the chat had vanished. Frustrated and unwilling to waste more time on a slow live chat, I opted to give them a call. This is when I discovered that different departments = different offers. They offered me the same package for 44/mo and 40 upfront. A 10% monthly increase but no admin fee

After much debate they offered to credit the account with 20. I was still annoyed about the increase and lack of willingness to honour the original offer so I insisted that they simply cancel it altogether. Once they’d done that, I found the mydeal page had begun showing deals for me to return.

The offers were:
    • Entertainment - 15
    • HD - 1
    • Kids - 1
    • Boxsets - 1
    • Cinema - 10
    • Sports - 17
    • Cinema + Sports discount - -5

Total for full package - 40/mo

The problem was I couldn’t add Sky Q from the mydeal page so I turned once again to a phone call. I explained what the offers on the page were and asked them to do the full package at the price shown but give me the option to upgrade to Sky Q as well. Up until this point everyone I’d spoken to had made it clear that upgrading to Sky Q was a 13/mo increase so I was expecting full package + Sky Q for 53/mo. More fool me for being so naive. I was told 80/mo.

I’m going to skip ahead because this is already quite a lengthy post. Suffice to say the call didn’t go well.

Anyway, I took the full package from the mydeal page without Sky Q reasoning that 1) I could probably add Sky Q later and 2) if I couldn’t, I’d just cancel sports / cinema and have the same package I have already @ 18/mo.

Sure enough, the bundle was activated and I was then able to upgrade. Here’s the final outcome
    • Entertainment - 15
    • HD - 1
    • Kids - 1
    • Boxsets - 1
    • Cinema + Sports - 22
    • Sky Q Experience - 13
    • Total - 53/mo
    • Upfront for 2TB box + mini box + installation - 75

Final thoughts - had I gone for the full package on the terms offered to me through live chat, I’d have paid 30 less upfront but an extra 5/mo. For the full package, I’m satisfied that I got the best deal. Once the mydeal bundle was activated, could I have called back and got the installation fee down to 40 instead of 75? Who knows but my patience with their phone support had been ground to dust.
    Last edited by Frugal Geek; 27-05-2019 at 1:06 AM.
    • malky39
    • By malky39 28th May 19, 10:51 AM
    • 677 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    malky39
    I am in the process of trying to find out what deals they have an I am in the last month of my contract. I have to agree there new version of the chat for some areas is poor. I am talking about the on where you are told replies wont be instant but you could sit for ages for a reply. This so that I can put in my 31 days notice. The old version of live chat, which is still available for some issues, was far better.

Update after about 3 hours on chat, including the adviser going for lunch not that they dont deserve lunch just a daft process for sky too use.

Managed to get
    Entertainment 10
    Boxsets 1
    HD 1
    Cinema 11

Making it 23/month for 18 months 1 less than I was paying for the last 18 months so I am happy.

However then went to negotiate my sky broadband, this time through proper live chat took 15 mins, all they could offer was 18/month over 18 months. I was paying 10 and that only matches the standard deal on now tv and is more expensive than post office standard 15.90. So looks like i will be moving.
    If only I could get fibre in my area
    Last edited by malky39; 28-05-2019 at 4:22 PM. Reason: a
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,068Posts Today

6,843Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin