Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Karl
    • By MSE Karl 13th May 16, 3:21 PM
    • 128Posts
    • 40Thanks
    MSE Karl
    Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 13th May 16, 3:21 PM
    Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback 13th May 16 at 3:21 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Octopus Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 14-09-2017 at 1:53 PM.
Page 14
    • JStewer
    • By JStewer 16th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    JStewer
    Existing customers are paid to entice others to join
    Are all the positive reviews for Octopus still valid? I emailed them earlier in the week to ask about their smart meters, no reply. I sent them a couple of messages on Facebook, no reply there either. Seems to be a lot of complaints about their service on Facebook too. Are Octopus having problems?
    Originally posted by grimsalve
    ... which often means feedback is artificially favourable.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 16th May 19, 6:13 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Umiamz
    They took around 2.5 days to reply to my request to change tariff this week.
    • kenv
    • By kenv 17th May 19, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kenv
    I switched to them just before Christmas from Bulb. In terms of responsiveness both Bulb and Octopus are much the same. The move was prompted by Octopus having a competitive fixed rate where as Bulb had only the one variable rate which had just gone up quite substantially (since when it has dropped down).
    I find that I normally get a response from Octopus within 24 to 36 hours. But I recall that before I became a customer a question to them about smart meters took over a week for a response.
    On the subject of smart meters these were fitted in March, but they are only able to see and take readings from the Gas meter. Their meter supplier claims that my previous supplier (Bulb) are connected to the electricity meter, but my enquiries to Bulb were responded to quickly and to the effect that as I no longer had an account with them they would not be connected and as the Octopus meter was SMETS1 it was unlikely they would be able to connect. So now Octopus are following this up, but I am not expecting a quick resolution!!
    • easy
    • By easy 19th May 19, 3:20 PM
    • 2,329 Posts
    • 2,741 Thanks
    easy
    When I switched to octopus at the beginning of 2018 I couldn't have been happier. Easy efficient switch, no problems.
    I started my switch over to Bulb on 18/03/19 via MSE energy club, and I haven't yet received my credit balance back.

Bulb emailed to tell me that Octopus had my meter readings on 19th April
    I chased my refund on 25th April, and got a reply on 2nd May to tell me that they didn't have gas reading from my new supplier (strange since both readings were submitted together, and bulb had confirmed the readings in their email to me)
    Today I have sent Octopus this email

"I have an email from my new supplier, dated 19/04/19 telling me that
    “We've heard back that your old supplier has received both your gas and electricity readings of 7685 and 78251. This means they have everything they need to close up your account. “

Even though you told me on 02/05/19 that you were still waiting for the Gas reading.

So, WHEN will I receive a refund of my credit balance of £289.89 ? This isn’t an insignificant sum, I really need this money, and I find this long delay indicative of sharp practice.
    Please explain why this refund has taken so long, and refund my account ASAP. "

I do find it flipping annoying that they are only open for phone calls monday - friday 9:00 5:00 when I'm at work ...

so my review is ... great when you are transferring to them, no problems during the period of supply, but they are tight-fisted when it comes to getting your money back at the end of the contract
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 25th May 19, 12:48 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 1,128 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Now Octopus are using cold calling to sell their wares. And said cold callers didn't read the big notice on the door which tells them all to go away.

Never a good sign for any company to use cold calling or to ignore signs about said activities not being welcome.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

5,311Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin