Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    • 13,971Posts
    • 47,479Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 5:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 7:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 148
    Reminder: June Spending on fleabay 6.99
Page 1
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 5:35 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    • 18th Feb 15, 5:35 PM
    • 18th Feb 15, 5:35 PM
    Hello is this a good time to join? My name is savingwannabe I used to be on here a long time ago when I was saving for a new extension. Now I think I will save for a new kitchen. So far I have one hundred pounds in my Christmas fund (I would like 500 for Christmas presents and Christmas food and also birthday presents) anything left over will be my kitchen fund.

I am on half term hols and have just renewed my passport (well I posted it off) and when it comes back I am going to change my bank for one that pays a reward!. Dead excited.

We are waiting to hear about redundancies at work so am keeping fingers crossed. Having said that we shouldn't hear till May June hopefully.

I work part time (as am ill) and earn 1638.

Mortgage 750
    Bills 350
    Christmas and kitchen fund 50 (am hoping to increase this) Currently I have 100 saved up for presents.
    Credit Card 120-200 depends how naughty I've been
    Food 120
    Cash I tend to keep 100 for spending but do spend anything left over ( I tend to waste a fair bit but some goes on taxis as I can be immobile depending on my health).

I am going to stop spending money on fleabay, give up Diet Co$e at work, walk whenever possible and avoid eating out and spending on my credit card. Eventually maybe in a few years I will have saved for a lovely kitchen. I have a serviceable kitchen for now but it would be amazing to have a glossy white one like in the magazines. Good things come to those who wait and all that. lol.

I have posted 3 things on fleabay and hope someone buys them as a start to my fund. Gosh the name of this thread is boring. I might change it.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 18-02-2015 at 5:54 PM. Reason: To add extra detail.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 18th Feb 15, 6:02 PM
    • 23,874 Posts
    • 155,558 Thanks
    Aesop
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:02 PM
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:02 PM
    Hello Savingwannabe

long time no speak.

yay to saving for a new kitchen. you remember mse had lots of great tips on how to save money while still having a great time so your idea of stop spending on ebay is good.

you need to do some survey sites to make extra cash!
    Make upto 10 a day - January 2019 17.00

Make upto 10 a day - best thread ever.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:10 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:10 PM
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:10 PM
    Bless you petal. I will but I tend to do things like buying whoopsies and time consuming things in the summer hols. I will try.

I am kind of drowning in marking at work at the moment. I have a whole pile waiting to be done in the next few days so I shouldn't be on here. I am v naughty.

I hope you are well and v rich.

I had better go and do some work or Steve and Andy will shoot me. They keep ringing to check I have made progress with my marking pile.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Feb 15, 8:41 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    • 18th Feb 15, 8:41 PM
    YAY hello petal and well done on your thread ,

A new kitchen would be amazing, good luck with saving to get the funds to do this. You know I will help you any way I can
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Feb 15, 8:41 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    P.S. have you done your marking yet ......................
    • Brallaqueen
    • By Brallaqueen 19th Feb 15, 2:02 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    Brallaqueen
    • 19th Feb 15, 2:02 PM
    • 19th Feb 15, 2:02 PM
    Hello savingwannabe! Good luck with your target and can't wait to see the results xx
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Feb 15, 11:58 AM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    • 20th Feb 15, 11:58 AM
    • 20th Feb 15, 11:58 AM
    Thank you Brallaqueen, 3Dogs and Aesop so far I haven't sold anything on ebay. I have 3 days left and one watcher. Still I haven't spent any money which is good and payday in 8 days.

I keep looking at fleabay waiting for someone to buy my things and no one is yet! I am so impatient. Today I had to pay for transport to go to work but walked back. This has been a very low spend week for me.

I have been so tempted to buy really nice things on fleabay that are selling for bargain prices but I must say NOOOOOO.

I read some free pdf's on moneysaving that were not so good. But I keep looking in case I have missed any new ones. Has anyone ever read 'The Millionaire Next Door'? It is amazing.

My auction ends tomorrow and so far I only have one watcher. On a positive front, I have decluttered 2 sacks of spare clothes for 3Dogs charity (it took about 5 mins) and prepared work for tomorrow.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 22-02-2015 at 2:47 PM. Reason: To add things.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 22nd Feb 15, 11:55 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    • 22nd Feb 15, 11:55 PM
    • 22nd Feb 15, 11:55 PM
    Thanks for sorting out the bags of clothes for our local dog rescue charity shop SW
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Feb 15, 6:34 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Bless ya, despite watchers no one bidded on my fleabay items. I have lowered some prices and hope that they will succumb next week.
    I managed to walk to work today which was v moneysaving of me so all is not lost.

Payday on Friday. Hurrah.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 26th Feb 15, 4:28 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Executive decision made I am going to save 25 a month towards a kitchen and emergency fund.

If I get into problems I will withdraw cash from it. I may as well jump in with both feet as everyone else on this part of MSE has the same problems and seems to be giving it a go!

Fab news, passport came today - only took a week for a renewal. I am going to start researching good current bank accounts as I want a bonus that I can put into my kitchen fund!!!!

Has anyone ever heard of a blogger called Frugal Queen? She is an inspiration to me. I love Dave Ramsay too but I think Frugal Queen has been the most helpful to me.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 26-02-2015 at 4:59 PM.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Feb 15, 5:22 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Just been paid. I am going to change my SOA to show my new spending and saving habits for this month now that I am inspired:

I work part time (as am ill) and earn 1638.

Mortgage 750 + over payment of 75= 825
    Bills 350
    Christmas & kitchen fund 50 + 25
    Credit Card 125.43 so far
    Food 120
    Cash (transport & fun)120? (will see if I can stick to this)
    Anything left over at the end will go in kitchen fund

And I PROMISE not to bid on fleabay unless Daniel Craig is offered for sale! (I don't know how I am going to keep to this. Saving-NOW said we were like rats up a drainpipe - I am I hope I can keep to this!!!)
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 27-02-2015 at 5:34 PM. Reason: to quote Saving-NOW
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 27th Feb 15, 5:32 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Can't find him on fleabay but thought you'd like a picture

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Feb 15, 5:35 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    OOO-eer Yes Please! I'd sell my house for him. He wouldn't even have to ask!!!!
    Christmas Fund 148
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Mar 15, 6:09 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah, one sale on fleabay: 15.50 should be on its way to the kitchen fund and also 25.00 for March!
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 2nd Mar 15, 6:16 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Hurrah, one sale on fleabay: 15.50 should be on its way to the kitchen fund and also 25.00 for March!
    Originally posted by savingwannabe
    That's good
    Still haven't spotted Daniel on fleabay but I'll keep looking for you

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Mar 15, 6:25 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Upsidedown Bear! Bless you. I heard it was his birthday today. If he was on ebay I would have to sell my house for a 5 minute date! But do please keep looking we never know.........
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 2nd Mar 15, 6:41 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Hello Upsidedown Bear! Bless you. I heard it was his birthday today. If he was on ebay I would have to sell my house for a 5 minute date! But do please keep looking we never know.........
    Yes, it's his birthday today

I would hope you'd get more than 5 minutes if you sold your house

I think you should change the thread title to "The Daniel Craig Appreciation thread" and then I can just post lots of photos of him for you

• savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Mar 15, 7:33 PM
    • 13,971 Posts
    • 47,479 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    After a vvv stressful day at work you are making me laugh Upsidedown Bear. Do you know how to change the name of the thread? I tried to before as it is sooo boring.

Gosh, I can't concentrate. Isn't he delicious???????

I am trying not to sound like a nut here but it is hard to concentrate on anything when I see him!
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 2nd Mar 15, 7:42 PM
    • 16,031 Posts
    • 77,877 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    After a vvv stressful day at work you are making me laugh Upsidedown Bear. Do you know how to change the name of the thread? I tried to before as it is sooo boring.

Gosh, I can't concentrate. Isn't he delicious???????

I am trying not to sound like a nut here but it is hard to concentrate on anything when I see him!
    To change the thread title.
    Go to the first post on the thread.
    Click on "Edit".
    Then click on "Go advanced".
    You can then change the title

He is very delicious indeed

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,438Posts Today

7,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin