Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 20th Apr 14, 11:12 PM
    • 6,053Posts
    • 14,074Thanks
    mellymoo74
    talk me down please
    • 20th Apr 14, 11:12 PM
    talk me down please 20th Apr 14 at 11:12 PM
    Ok 10 years ago me and OH took MIL and Aunty away the plan was during this break we would invite em to the wedding.
    Before we could they stormed off and refused to answer any of my OHs calls.
    OH tried to get them to talk didn't happen and the wedding went ahead.
    Eventually OH and MIL are reconciled 2 years on another argument is provoked eventually reconciled then a big bust up about her not being at our wedding then reconciled rinse and repeat.
    MIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer we have been ensuring she has company food etc (regular visits) I went to her appointment with her last Fri then last Sat OH goes around to see her and the wedding row was provoked again she went in for an op Mon telling OHs sister the auntie nephews etc to not tell my OH she was in or the ward or when the op was.
    OH is upset so I get the hospital info so at least we can find out how she is.
    We went to see her at the hospital on Fri aft and discovered shed been discharged in the morning.
    Still not called OH no contact nothing.
    I am livid my OH has been beside themselves and deeply upset (which is the intention) she can't even allow people to say she is ok.
    So how do I keep my OH on a nice even keel and stop myself from telling her off?
Page 186
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 14th May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 26,396 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I hope they can Melly and all goes according to plan . Chin up love , not long until you lock that front door for the final time and head towards the future.
    pollyx
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th May 19, 3:35 PM
    • 22,618 Posts
    • 61,195 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Hope things are going to plan (for a change), Melly, and the move stress will soon be just be history for you.
    Glad to hear your new neighbours are nice.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 17th May 19, 5:50 AM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Thanks Pol
    No
    Lads couldn't get away, OH has pneumonia again and is having MAJOR meltdowns culminating in wishing I hadn't bothered keeping him alive for this.

I am exhausted and thoroughly fed up with the whole thing
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 17th May 19, 10:09 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 26,396 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Thanks Pol
    No
    Lads couldn't get away, OH has pneumonia again and is having MAJOR meltdowns culminating in wishing I hadn't bothered keeping him alive for this.

I am exhausted and thoroughly fed up with the whole thing
    Originally posted by mellymoo74

I can't think of any helpful advice at the moment Melly.

Is the Dr keeping an eye on your husbands pneumonia? Have you discussed the difficulties with the HA? I'm wondering if there is any sort of grant you can claim to help with moving even some sort of temporary assistance to move you and later to be repaid via monthly payments from the rent.

You seem to be stuck in a difficult place. I'm sorry your husband took his frustration out on you . It must be heartbreaking after the way you kept him going and cared for him when he was in hospital .
    Pneumonia is a horrible illness and the added stress of his belongings being moved around will combine to make him have a verbal go at you. We both know he does it because he feels safe doing so. Youngest in the past would give me the odd verbal lashing .
    In recent years she's explained it was two things . Frustration and feeling I was the only person who wouldn't give up on her . Later it was testing the boundaries eg would there be a point where I would give up and prove her fears .

I never did give up but I know how hard it is to be pushed usually when you're at your lowest point.

I can only hope you somehow manage this move asap for both your sakes .
    Take care

pollyx
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 18th May 19, 10:20 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    Archergirl
    Can you get OH into hospital for a while? Give you some breathing space.
    I really feel for you, you are trying to do your best but seem get no help from anywhere.
    When you are settled in your new place things need to change you can't go on like this.
    OH needs major help to sort himself out you cannot do it on your own, maybe you can talk to his doctor about his mental health, it is mental health week....xxx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 22nd May 19, 7:51 AM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Big stuff was in Sunday
    Me and a man with a van, I pawned my stuff.

I was moving from 7am - 6.30am so 23.5 hours. So obviously I was asleep and didn't get the keys back, another week charged.

We will be fuy in Thursday having to juggle 11 hour days at work with the move cos I need the money lol.

OH is still melting down, usually stuff isn't where he thinks it should be its getting better though.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 22nd May 19, 8:15 AM
    • 22,618 Posts
    • 61,195 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Glad it's moving forward, Melly.

When it's done, you'll just have to sit down and give yourself a breather.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 26th May 19, 12:17 AM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    We are in
    Yay
    Cats love it
    Xxx
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 26th May 19, 6:47 AM
    • 22,618 Posts
    • 61,195 Thanks
    Pollycat
    That's wonderful news, Melly.

Worth all the hard work and stress.

What about the dogs?

And your OH?
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 28th May 19, 2:46 PM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 30th May 19, 3:00 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 26,396 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Beautiful picture Melly, I think your talents are wasted in H&S.

Glad you both made it to your new home. Wishing you both a calmer more settled life and hopefully some help forthcoming for your husband once you're sorted out.
    Take care

pollyxx
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 30th May 19, 3:07 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    Archergirl
    What a pretty !!!!!.....Hope all your problems are behind you and you go from strength to strength in your new home, onward and upwards xx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 30th May 19, 8:21 PM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74

Kevin basking
    Gonna allow supervised outside visits this weekend
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 30th May 19, 8:22 PM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Thanks both
    Pickle is a very pretty girl.
    I am known, the daughter of our neighbour used to watch the cat procession with her daughters lol
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 30th May 19, 8:41 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 26,396 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    It's lovely the way you capture the texture and colouring in the cats coats. Look like professional photography. They both look settled and happy in their new home.

You're obviously famous for the cat walks! So pleased you have a nice neighbour it makes such a diffence.

Hope your husband is feeling more settled now and you're taking care of yourself. It's been a hectic time so you need to recover too.
    Take care
    pollyx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 1st Jun 19, 3:09 PM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    https://youtu.be/7JdmNPA1AGg

Have some dogs
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 1st Jun 19, 3:57 PM
    • 6,062 Posts
    • 65,856 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    I'm so pleased for you Melly. Wishing you all a happy future in your new home
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 1st Jun 19, 4:27 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 26,396 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    That was lovely to watch Melly. The doglets are loving it and it's good to see dh/daddy outdoors and interacting . Is that the shared garden? It's a decent size and all the furry ones should love it.

Well done for never giving up hopefully that will be a forever home.

Have you tried the mogs outside yet? I'm looking forward to that.
    pollyx
    • charlie3090
    • By charlie3090 1st Jun 19, 6:33 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 890 Thanks
    charlie3090
    Thats great to see,
    doggies look really happy,
    thats a nice size garden,
    cat videos please,
    Charlie xx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 1st Jun 19, 8:02 PM
    • 6,053 Posts
    • 14,074 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Kevin came out
    Met neighbours dog
    Ran up a tree

Pick came out was a lovely confident girl, gonna video them over the next few days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,581Posts Today

8,222Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin