Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mancunian
    • By Mancunian 20th Jun 13, 10:39 PM
    • 921Posts
    • 529Thanks
    Mancunian
    www.the-legal-company.co.uk / Milton Firman - Experiences?
    • 20th Jun 13, 10:39 PM
    www.the-legal-company.co.uk / Milton Firman - Experiences? 20th Jun 13 at 10:39 PM
    Was looking at getting some legal help and came accross 'The Legal Company' at the top of google- a sponsored link I think.

Initially things seems ok but the more I read it it just didn't seem right.

Eventually I spoke to a man called Milton Firman who was sympathetic and helpful and after a day or so said he thought their was a good chance of me having a case.

The next communication was asking for 155 up front to have a senior barrister peruse it!

Anyone any good or bad experiences of this company or Milton Firman?
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
Page 2
    • MUMZ2BEE
    • By MUMZ2BEE 9th Apr 14, 8:30 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    MUMZ2BEE
    Thank god I saw this about The Legal Company.

I phoned them up last week to ask about taking action against the police.

He asked me for an upfront fee of 299; I said I didnt have that sort of money as I was on benefits!!

He never returned my call back so I had a lucky escape!!

And yes The Legal Company are still trading!!
  • babi33
    Anyone need help taking this man to the cleaners?
    Dear All,

I am new to this forum. If anyone would like information about Milton please get in touch. In particular, I am keen to hear from anyone who is considering reporting this man to the police as I am too and will be useful to share information.
  • Robin Ainsley
    Extremely helpful
    I unfortunately had a bad time with my neighbour, who trespassed on to my property caused damage and was very aggressive. When I went to the local solicitors I was told that I had an excellent case to get an injunction. I was then asked for 5000 up front and possibly another 10,000. the solicitor was very helpful and assured me I would get some of my money back.

when I contacted Milton his advice and guidance on a no win fee basis was spot on, he arranged for an excellent party wall surveyor who is a published author on the subject. Milton arranged for a barrister and I won my case and got compensation and Milton and the barrister got paid.

Very impressed will use him again
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 19th Aug 14, 4:14 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 11,919 Thanks
    LilElvis
    I unfortunately had a bad time with my neighbour, who trespassed on to my property caused damage and was very aggressive. When I went to the local solicitors I was told that I had an excellent case to get an injunction. I was then asked for 5000 up front and possibly another 10,000. the solicitor was very helpful and assured me I would get some of my money back.

when I contacted Milton his advice and guidance on a no win fee basis was spot on, he arranged for an excellent party wall surveyor who is a published author on the subject. Milton arranged for a barrister and I won my case and got compensation and Milton and the barrister got paid.

Very impressed will use him again
    Originally posted by Robin Ainsley
    How nice that you signed up to a forum with the sole intention of praising a company. I am sure that all who read your comments will believe that they are a genuine reflection of your experience.

As for your final comment - are you planning on making a career out of entering into litigation with your neighbours? Few people would expect to have to engage a barrister once, let alone believe they might have to go to utilise them a second time ........ unless they are career criminals requiring a defence barrister.
  • John14
    I also encountered Milton Firman around June 2013. He took 100 to read my case summary (which had to be written on one page, A4 size - a difficult enough job on its own!). After many emails and phone calls he made all the right noises, but did precisely nothing. The 100 was raised from my church congregation because I was (and still am) on a low income. He basically fleeced me - and my church brothers and sisters.
  • RenJohn03
    He's attempted to connect with me on LinkedIn. I work in criminal defence (mainly appeals against conviction) which might be why he has done that.

There was something not right in his profile so I asked members on the Save UK Justice Facebook page (many are solicitors and barristers on there) and the answer came back very quickly - he's not to be trusted. Also I was given the link to these forums. Hence my post.

He's not ripped me off but if all those who have been ripped off by him got together to make a class action against him, with gutter press present, he is not likely to continue the way he is. Rogue Traders also springs to mind.....
    Last edited by RenJohn03; 29-09-2014 at 9:46 AM.
    • dcdc21
    • By dcdc21 29th Oct 14, 10:49 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dcdc21
    Ooooops
    Only just found this thread. I lost money to Firman a couple of years ago - same old story; weekly retainer, no work done. I will catch up with him one day........
  • Julieann Threlfall
    milton firman
    My husband parted with 250 last October and he's just asked for more money....just looked him up as i was suspicious something wasn't right and thank god i did. How the heck can he get away with this??
    • Mancunian
    • By Mancunian 25th Jan 15, 12:42 PM
    • 921 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    Mancunian
    My husband parted with 250 last October and he's just asked for more money....just looked him up as i was suspicious something wasn't right and thank god i did. How the heck can he get away with this??
    Originally posted by Julieann Threlfall

I know, it's crazy

I think the only way is to report take a look at:-

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

and report online:-

https://app01.actionfraud.police.uk/information/report/Account.mvc/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2finformation%2freport%2fSurvey.m vc%2fWelcome
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • paupap
    Milton Firman - The Legal Company
    I asked Milton to represent my husband on an appeal in July 2014 and had 1200 off me for no win no fee if the appeal went through for admin costs. Wish I had looked him up sooner. He is a fraud and should not be trusted.

He messed up my husband's appeal as repeatedly I asked him to visit him in prison and he did not or video link him. I would appreciate any help in advising how I can get my money back or report/sue him and maybe reset the appeal.
  • Gino M
    Another one
    Mmmmmm.... I'm another victim I'm afraid. The same story - monthly payments and no work done, just sympathy, sincerity and promises, and due to my current circumstances there's very little I can do about it. A truly evil man, preying upon those who desperately need help and remorselessly fleecing those who can least afford it. One day Milton, one day...
  • Sammy777
    Milton firman
    Hello
    I have just read the posts regarding this Milton Firman. I contacted the Legal Co' last week and spoke to Milton Firman about a case I wanted him to look at.
    He said he would start it for a flat fee of 750.
    He will be contacting me tomorrow.
    I obviously will not be retaining his services.
    Thank you for this forum as it has just saved me a huge amount of stress and hard earned money.
    Thank you!
    • Chavassea
    • By Chavassea 30th May 15, 10:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Chavassea
    Milton firman
    Hello I am in the same situation and so desperate to catch this man and ensure he never scams anyone else. It's been two years now he took money off me and absolutely nothing has happened and all efforts to catch and trace him isn't easy. I have logged a fraud complaint with action fraud UK and am in the process of contacting the solicitors regulation authority!
    • Chavassea
    • By Chavassea 30th May 15, 10:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Chavassea
    Milton Firman
    Hello Sammy are you still in contact with this Milton Firman, I am so desperate to find him and stop him from scamming anyone else like he did to me. Are you still in touch?
    • Chavassea
    • By Chavassea 30th May 15, 10:24 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Chavassea
    Milton Firman.
    He did something similar to me too. I am so desperate to come face to face with him again. I have reported him to action fraud and the SRA. We need some kind of co-ordinated action from all of us that he has scammed so we can jointly bring him down. The man is a thief.
  • dingus1954
    Milton Firman
    I too have come across this trickster, but luckilly found out what he is before he took too much money from me. I have now reported him to the relevant body and heard today that it has been referred for investigation re fraud. Lets hope we see this shyster behind bars soon.
    • holdon
    • By holdon 1st Sep 15, 7:28 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    holdon
    Unfortunately I have only just come across this posting but believe the way forward for all concerned is to send an email to Intelligence.live@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk This is the investigation arm of the Insolvency Service and I believe they are the appropriate people to investigate this delinquent Director. When you email you need to state the name of the Director(Milton Firman), the name of the trading company(The Legal Company) and the name of the holding limited company(Accessible Law Limited).
    Outline the nature of your complaint and support the 'dubious trading practises' by sending copies of the pages on this website which by their very nature are all apparently self supporting. It is most clear that, in my opinion, Milton Firman has breached the 2006 Fraud Act in three ways,
    1 False representation
    2 Failure to disclose information (being struck off by the Law Society)
    3 Abused his position purporting that he could do what he apparently cannot do, be honest.
    In short he has made false representation, committed dishonest acts/promises and knowingly misrepresented what was or might be untrue, all of which was/is for the sole purpose of making a 'gain' for himself and/or others which results in a loss to another or to expose another to either loss or 'risk'.
    I must now add that I am not a Solicitor or legal representative, just a person with experience in matters of this nature and Milton Firman. I also intend to speak to the Police as I believe that is worthy of investigation from the Fraud aspect, I believe that Milton Firman could gain a lot from a Police enquiry regarding his 'legal duty'.
    I sincerely trust that this information will serve some useful purpose, I will certainly follow my own advice as soon as I possibly can and wish you all luck in your endeavours, collectively we stand more chance.
    I have now emailed details to the Insolvency Service, as under.
    I have now reported to action fraud and have the reference number if anybody is interested in following this action.
    I now have the acknowledgement from the Insolvency Service.

There you go Milton, I have done what I promised and there is more to follow, with any luck you will read this and now know that your life will now change as much as you have changed others, I only hope your landlord will also read this and reflect on who 'rents a room and services' from them and suggest that you relocate, yet again!.
    Last edited by holdon; 03-09-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: update
    • keyser666
    • By keyser666 1st Sep 15, 9:19 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 1,571 Thanks
    keyser666
    Unfortunately I have only just come across this posting but believe the way forward for all concerned is to send an email to Intelegence.live@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk This is the investigation arm of the Insolvency Service and I believe they are the appropriate people to investigate this delinquent Director. When you email you need to state the name of the Director(Milton Firman), the name of the trading company(The Legal Company) and the name of the holding limited company(Accessible Law Limited).
    Outline the nature of your complaint and support the 'dubious trading practises' by sending copies of the pages on this website which by their very nature are all apparently self supporting. It is most clear that, in my opinion, Milton Firman has breached the 2006 Fraud Act in three ways,
    1 False representation
    2 Failure to disclose information (being struck off by the Law Society)
    3 Abused his position purporting that he could do what he apparently cannot do, be honest.
    In short he has made false representation, committed dishonest acts/promises and knowingly misrepresented what was or might be untrue, all of which was/is for the sole purpose of making a 'gain' for himself and/or others which results in a loss to another or to expose another to either loss or 'risk'.
    I must now add that I am not a Solicitor or legal representative, just a person with experience in matters of this nature and Milton Firman. I also intend to speak to the Police as I believe that is worthy of investigation from the Fraud aspect, I believe that Milton Firman could gain a lot from a Police enquiry regarding his 'legal duty'.
    I sincerely trust that this information will serve some useful purpose, I will certainly follow my own advice as soon as I possibly can and wish you all luck in your endeavours, collectively we stand more chance.
    Originally posted by holdon
    I dont think people will get very far with that email address
    • holdon
    • By holdon 2nd Sep 15, 6:34 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    holdon
    Ok it was late, try now.
    • holdon
    • By holdon 2nd Sep 15, 7:54 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    holdon
    Intelligence.live@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,172Users online

Martin's Twitter