Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 4:58 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:58 PM
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 26-07-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 13
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 5th Apr 19, 3:28 PM
    • 6,341 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    LeeUK
    I still owe them £50 for the brief period I was with them for gas February last year. Electric failed to switch for some reason.

I really should get round to paying this.
    • thelight
    • By thelight 6th Apr 19, 2:42 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    thelight
    I've received compensation, but not the apology, required by the Ombudsman for their shocking customer service. Improved telephone response after September 2018 when they out-sourced to South African customer service team.
    Originally posted by lookahead

Same here, they paid the required compensation but didn't action a single one of the things the ombudsman told them too.
    • Sp_victims20
    • By Sp_victims20 8th May 19, 7:49 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sp_victims20
    Terrible company with so many issues
    We have a private group on Facebook Solarplicity complaints forum
    Over 500 members with issues we also have a petition but canít post as Iím a new user if anyone is having issues with Solarplicity please join. Thanks
    • davevon
    • By davevon 10th May 19, 6:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davevon
    Unable to leave Solarplicty ??
    UPDATE... Saturday 11th. May 3.30pm. Just received an email (yes a Saturday afternoon) from Customer relations at Solarplicity with an unreserved apology for all the problems with the gas meter changeover over the last 4 months. Everything has been updated to the correct readings, statements are there to view and the readings are exactly as my meter!
    I can't tell you how relieved we are that this looks like the end of a nightmare and fingers crossed maybe for a lot of other solarplicity customers too.

Joined Solarplicty in May last year. Cheap prices, but should have read the reviews.
    Everything went OK at first, Electric Smart Meter fitted last July and everything went as planned.
    Pestered for the Gas Smart Meter and eventually fitted on January 17th. and that's when the problems really started!
    Monthly Statements were never produced and I couldn't submit a reading because the old Gas meter was still listed. During March and April they listed a "Supplementary Charge" at the month end which was eventually changed to a "estimated" statement, BUT using the Old gas Meter details and this is happening, that Meter is an old Cubic Feet ft3. so goodness knows how they can estimate?
    In March I explained all this by email giving details and readings of Final read old meter and the Current reading on the new smart meter and they replied asking would I send a photo of the new meter so they could see the serial number for their meter... they obviously donít know it! Fortunately I have photos of the old meter final read and the new which were sent.
    Since then nothing! except more estimates on the old meter. Iíve chased and chased, they have escalated it? and on the 30 April lodged an official complaint which they have acknowledged.
    On Trustpilot like on here, the reviews are frightening and reading a similar case, you canít change suppliers until the new Smart meter is registered on the national system!
    Theyíve also sent their new prices for June onwards, which are far higher than many on MSE and Iím terrified solarplicity will be forced into closure before my account mess has been sorted ÖÖ. Wish me luck !!!
    Last edited by davevon; 11-05-2019 at 3:27 PM. Reason: Update
    • Maverock
    • By Maverock 11th May 19, 1:57 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Maverock
    Will I EVER Leave Them?
    Moved to Fischer Energy, now Foxglove Energy in April last year.
    Perusing my Direct Debits last month I noticed that I still had one still set up for Solarplicity. I noted with some relief that no payments had been made from it.

Today, 11 May I received a letter from Solarplicity dated 1 May 2019 stating: We have been informed by your bank that your Direct Debit arrangement has been cancelled.

'If you have cancelled this in error please let us know by calling 0333 0044 666 or at theteamsolarplicity.com and we will reinstate it as soon as possible.'

I shall, of course, be informing them that I have not 'cancelled in error' and could they please tell me how much they owe me and when they will be paying it back.
    • Game_Over
    • By Game_Over 11th May 19, 2:31 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Game_Over
    Will I EVER Leave Them?
    Moved to Fischer Energy, now Foxglove Energy in April last year.
    Perusing my Direct Debits last month I noticed that I still had one still set up for Solarplicity. I noted with some relief that no payments had been made from it.

Today, 11 May I received a letter from Solarplicity dated 1 May 2019 stating: We have been informed by your bank that your Direct Debit arrangement has been cancelled.

'If you have cancelled this in error please let us know by calling 0333 0044 666 or at theteamsolarplicity.com and we will reinstate it as soon as possible.'

I shall, of course, be informing them that I have not 'cancelled in error' and could they please tell me how much they owe me and when they will be paying it back.
    Originally posted by Maverock
    Yes, you appear to have left the supplier over 12 months ago.

Suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill.
    It sounds like you haven't had one, so the supplier doesn't know yet what they owe you ... or you owe them.

Unfortunately, as you appear to not have bothered about this, you have now probably lost your right to go to the ombudsman over this if the supplier fails to resolve any complaint you now raise.
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 20th May 19, 8:00 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    Solarplicity banned from taking on new customers until further notice
    Three months ago, Ofgem imposed a 3 month order on this supplier banning them from taking on new customers for 3 months, or until they got thier house in oprder if sooner.

That 3 months was due to end 22 May 2019

But on 18 April 2019, Ofgem quietly published an update proposal
    Ofgem, still unhappy with Solarplicity, now will extend the ban until further notice.

See post#9 of this thread for further details and Ofgem links
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5968302
    • hahnchen
    • By hahnchen 22nd May 19, 9:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hahnchen
    I previously posted in February 2019, saying that I left in October 2018 and had not received my account credit.

Escalated the case to the ombudsman today through Resolver.

It's not a big amount, it has cost me more in time chasing it than the credit is worth.
    • Muhren
    • By Muhren 22nd May 19, 4:29 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 2,975 Thanks
    Muhren
    I previously posted in February 2019, saying that I left in October 2018 and had not received my account credit.

It's not a big amount, it has cost me more in time chasing it than the credit is worth.
    Originally posted by hahnchen

If you could have written a post for me it would have been that pretty much word for word!
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• Kitchen Sink
    • By Kitchen Sink 22nd May 19, 7:17 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Kitchen Sink

Originally posted by hahnchen
    If you could have written a post for me it would have been that pretty much word for word!
    Originally posted by Muhren
    The supplier has up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill after they cease to supply you.

If you don't have a final bill within that time, follow the suppliers complaint procedure ... to the letter!

Don't waste your time with third party sites such as Revolver - they are just a filing/storage system for your communications, and can delay the process.

After 8 weeks of starting your complaint with the supplier, and having followed the suppliers comnplaint procedure to the letter, if you don't have a satisfactory resolution, you can ask the ombudsman service to intervene.

Ensure you don't wait too long, as you could time yourself out of the ombudsman

The time & effort it takes to raise a complaint with the supplier, follow the suppliers complaint procedure to the letter, and even raise the matter with ombudsman if/when that become necessray is problely less time & effort I spent composing this poist whic I hope you and others may find beneficial at some time.
    Last edited by Kitchen Sink; 22-05-2019 at 7:23 PM.
    • thelight
    • By thelight 23rd May 19, 7:55 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    thelight
    Saying that I've had a complaint in with the Ombudsman since May 2018 about Solarplicity which still hasn't been resolved.
    • Muhren
    • By Muhren 23rd May 19, 8:30 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 2,975 Thanks
    Muhren
    The supplier has up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill after they cease to supply you.

If you don't have a final bill within that time, follow the suppliers complaint procedure ... to the letter!

Don't waste your time with third party sites such as Revolver - they are just a filing/storage system for your communications, and can delay the process.

After 8 weeks of starting your complaint with the supplier, and having followed the suppliers comnplaint procedure to the letter, if you don't have a satisfactory resolution, you can ask the ombudsman service to intervene.

Ensure you don't wait too long, as you could time yourself out of the ombudsman

The time & effort it takes to raise a complaint with the supplier, follow the suppliers complaint procedure to the letter, and even raise the matter with ombudsman if/when that become necessray is problely less time & effort I spent composing this poist whic I hope you and others may find beneficial at some time.
    Originally posted by Kitchen Sink
    Have you dealt with Solarplicity? It is like banging your head against a brick wall, I wouldn't trust them to raise a complaint let alone have a complaints procedure in place.

My experience through Resolver has been fine, they emailed me to let me know when I could escalate the complaint to the next level. It is now with the Ombudsman with about the same amount of effort as it has taken me to write this post using Resolver.
    Last edited by Muhren; 23-05-2019 at 8:38 PM.
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,505Posts Today

8,948Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin