Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 3:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 3:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 3:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Page 61
    • Bill23h
    • By Bill23h 27th Apr 19, 5:25 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Bill23h
    Hello Emma and I can confirm, smart meters aren't compulsory and we can't insist on installing them where a customer refuses.

Customers asking to go on one of the Fixed Tariffs currently available on our website agree to consider smart meters. Where they switch through our website or a Price Comparison site, we'll be in touch at a later date provided the property is eligible for smart meters.

If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff. Our products are changing all the time and it depends on what's available at this point as to the actions taken.

Customers looking to switch tariffs over the phone will sometimes be asked to book smart meter appointments at the same time. This is something we're trialling to see if we can handle all aspects in one call without the need to contact customers again.

Where customers are okay with having the meters or agree to consider them within the near future, we'll switch them to the tariff and note the account to discuss again at a later date. Where they tell us categorically, no, they will not have smart meters, we need to look at quoting against another tariff.

Also, where customers are switching to us from another supplier or moving home, they might choose one of our tariffs where they'll be considered for a smart meter. In these cases, often we have to wait for them to join us before booking their appointment.

Where a property isn't eligible for smart meters, customers can still switch and stay on tariffs with this condition.

There's also the option of changing supplier.

You can raise a complaint over the phone, via our online Live Chat service, by email or letter. There are also private messaging services on our Social Media channels (twitter and Facebook) if you prefer. Advisors on all these channels will be happy to raise a complaint for you. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Hope this points you in the right direction Emma.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    I feel you are being a bit disingenuous here. The EON website, under Fix Online v17 clearly states:
    "Agree to have smart meters installed"
    Not "agree to be offered" or "agree to consider".It seems pretty unambiguous to me.
    You also say:-"If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff."
    So if you decline, you'll be offered a different tariff, which may cost more, yes? And if it's optional, why does the website say you must agree?
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Smart Meters
    Malc, I am considering switching to fix online v17 when my current fixed rate comes to an end next month. I am open to SMETS2 smart meters but don't want SMETS1. Will I be allowed to stay on this tariff if I refuse SMETS1 meters but agree to have SMETS2 when they are available?
    Originally posted by Matt17

Hello Matt17 and thank you for your interest.

That will be fine. You'll be able to stay on Fix Online 17 in these circumstances.

We're looking to fit SMETS2 smart meters wherever possible. There are certain areas where it's currently not possible to do this due to specific signalling problems and we're working to sort these issues. At the moment, approx 85% of our smart meter installations are SMETS2.

Hope this explains Matt17. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Smart Tariffs
    I feel you are being a bit disingenuous here. The EON website, under Fix Online v17 clearly states:
    "Agree to have smart meters installed"
    Not "agree to be offered" or "agree to consider".It seems pretty unambiguous to me.
    You also say:-"If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff."
    So if you decline, you'll be offered a different tariff, which may cost more, yes? And if it's optional, why does the website say you must agree?
    Originally posted by Bill23h

Hello Bill23h and I can see where you're coming from.

The T&Cs for all our smart tariffs explain the actual situation which is as per my reply to Emma. To quote directly from the T&Cs for Fix Online v17.

'With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter. You are still eligible for this tariff if you currently have a smart meter installed or your property is currently ineligible for a smart meter.'

This differs from the text on the website and I've raised this with our IT people with a view to aligning the two statements so they read the same.

To be clear, it's the information in the T&Cs and in my reply to Emma that's right.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Bill23h. I'll run with this.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • super7star
    • By super7star 3rd May 19, 8:26 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    super7star
    Hi Marc

Many thanks for your comprehensive response.

To clarify: If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff. Our products are changing all the time and it depends on what's available at this point as to the actions taken.

So in the above situation, customers would not be allowed to stay on the lower tariff having declined the offer of a smart meter. Is that correct?

Many thanks
    Emma
    E.ON Smart Tariffs
    Hi Marc

Many thanks for your comprehensive response.

To clarify: If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff. Our products are changing all the time and it depends on what's available at this point as to the actions taken.

So in the above situation, customers would not be allowed to stay on the lower tariff having declined the offer of a smart meter. Is that correct?

Many thanks
    Emma
    Originally posted by super7star

Morning Emma and not necessarily. As I mentioned last week, customers could remain on the tariff if they agree to consider smart meters in the future. Please see below.

Where customers are okay with having the meters or agree to consider them within the near future, we'll switch them to the tariff and note the account to discuss again at a later date. Where they tell us categorically, no, they will not have smart meters, we need to look at quoting against another tariff.
    It's only when they categorically refuse smart meters under any circumstances that we would look at other tariffs.

Thanks Emma.

Malc
    • poshphil
    • By poshphil 3rd May 19, 12:06 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    poshphil
    Moved into a new build home (former showhouse so had been built and receiving supply for a few months) on 20th December 2018.

Once settled in, looked at comparing tariffs to discover an issue with the gas meter not being registered correctly which meant we could not switch the gas.

I rang Eon on 24th January 2019 to discuss, they seemed to know what the issue was but that it would take around 6 weeks to resolve.

I followed this up on 16th April 2019 as the issue still seemed to be there, to be told that whatever needed doing was showing as pending, but they would make sure it was processed but this would take another 4-6 weeks.

On 17th April 2019 I sent a complaint via the contact forms to establish the following:
    1. What the issue was.
    2. Why it wasn't resolved following my first phone call in January.
    3. When it will be resolved by.

I got contacted on the 18th April 2019 by someone in the New Connections Team being told I have not provided Meter Serial Numbers (these were provided in my initial phone call), Full Postal Address (Which Eon has, as it is in our online account), My Name (again, this is in my account and was also at the bottom of my complaint), Legal Completion Date & Handover Read. I am not sure why, if this information was needed and hadn't been made available, I was not contacted at any point to request this.

All information requested was provided, again, on 18th April, but since then I have heard nothing despite a further email chasing up earlier this week. I still do not know what the issue is, or when it will be resolved. I don't even know whether my complaint is actually being treated as such, the correspondence after simply referred to informing them of a handover.

Overall, not very happy with this as we have been left unable to switch tariffs to a more competitive dual fuel one for several months now.
    E.ON New Connections
    Moved into a new build home (former showhouse so had been built and receiving supply for a few months) on 20th December 2018.

Once settled in, looked at comparing tariffs to discover an issue with the gas meter not being registered correctly which meant we could not switch the gas.

I rang Eon on 24th January 2019 to discuss, they seemed to know what the issue was but that it would take around 6 weeks to resolve.

I followed this up on 16th April 2019 as the issue still seemed to be there, to be told that whatever needed doing was showing as pending, but they would make sure it was processed but this would take another 4-6 weeks.

On 17th April 2019 I sent a complaint via the contact forms to establish the following:
    1. What the issue was.
    2. Why it wasn't resolved following my first phone call in January.
    3. When it will be resolved by.

I got contacted on the 18th April 2019 by someone in the New Connections Team being told I have not provided Meter Serial Numbers (these were provided in my initial phone call), Full Postal Address (Which Eon has, as it is in our online account), My Name (again, this is in my account and was also at the bottom of my complaint), Legal Completion Date & Handover Read. I am not sure why, if this information was needed and hadn't been made available, I was not contacted at any point to request this.

All information requested was provided, again, on 18th April, but since then I have heard nothing despite a further email chasing up earlier this week. I still do not know what the issue is, or when it will be resolved. I don't even know whether my complaint is actually being treated as such, the correspondence after simply referred to informing them of a handover.

Overall, not very happy with this as we have been left unable to switch tariffs to a more competitive dual fuel one for several months now.
    Originally posted by poshphil

Hello poshphil and I'm sorry this is taking so long to sort out.

It's being dealt with by the right people as our New Connections team look after issues with new builds. On new developments, meters are often installed long before an occupier moves in or a postal address is created. Further down the line, the builder/developer or their agents let us have details of the meters at individual locations. These details aren't always given to us as they should be particularly where plot numbers are involved.

New Connections sort these issues out. There could be quite a few properties involved and this is why they've asked you to confirm certain details. They need to be sure the information we have is for your property.

The bigger the development, the longer it can take to sort out. Our New Connections advisors will be able to let you know where we're at. Contact details are on our website.

Sorry again for the delay poshphil. It is in the right area and will be sorted.

Malc
    • poshphil
    • By poshphil 4th May 19, 8:46 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    poshphil
    Hi Malc, thank you for taking the time to respond. The New Connections team are who I spoke to in both January and April, so it has been in the right area since then. I have asked the New Connections team to advise what the issue is and when it will be resolved but unfortunately I have had no response to my last correspondence on 18th April as of yet.

If it can take longer on bigger developments I feel sorry for those trying to sort out the same issue on a development of thousands of homes, given that the development we are on is only 48 homes.
    E.ON New Connections
    Hi Malc, thank you for taking the time to respond. The New Connections team are who I spoke to in both January and April, so it has been in the right area since then. I have asked the New Connections team to advise what the issue is and when it will be resolved but unfortunately I have had no response to my last correspondence on 18th April as of yet.

If it can take longer on bigger developments I feel sorry for those trying to sort out the same issue on a development of thousands of homes, given that the development we are on is only 48 homes.
    Originally posted by poshphil

Morning poshphil and happy to reply.

One thing I should've mentioned Friday, we're currently working through backlogs and this is adding to the delays that inevitably come about with this type of issue.

Sorry this is taking longer than usual to sort poshphil.

Malc
    • Matt17
    • By Matt17 7th May 19, 11:32 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Matt17
    Just switched from Go Online V18 to Fix Online V17. Not the absolute cheapest compared to PCW results, but not terrible for our consumption and there's no dealing with our current exit fee involved.

Works out just under £5 a month more expensive, but being able to push the switch date 52 days into the future means I only lose 2 months of my current fix, which with summer consumption doesn't add up to much.
    Now next winter is locked in, and if something cheaper comes up in the meantime I can still switch again.

I have agreed to 'discuss' smart meters with this one. I wonder if I'll actually get a call given the current odd situation with my orphaned E.ON SMETS1 meter.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    There is now a Fix Online V18, it is cheaper than Fix Online V17 in some regions but more expensive in others. Why is there such a large difference in price depending where you live?
    E.ON Tariffs
    There is now a Fix Online V18, it is cheaper than Fix Online V17 in some regions but more expensive in others. Why is there such a large difference in price depending where you live?
    Originally posted by Matt17

That's right Matt17. We launched Fix Online 18 last Friday.

When compared to version 17, some prices have gone up, some have come down and others are unchanged.

We review our prices daily to make sure we respond quickly to any changes in the energy market. The price we pay for energy can vary as can the cost of other factors like generation, transportation, future investment, contributions to Government schemes, maintenance and support services.

The cost of transporting energy varies from region to region. We pay other companies to use their pipes, wires and cables to transport energy to homes. These costs vary depending on how much the local distributor charges. Demand in a given region is another factor as is the amount of energy generated in the actual area and how much comes from outside.

Additionally, different regions have different forms and mixes of generation. Among other things, we use electricity generated by gas, nuclear, wind, solar, biomass and other renewables.

Hope this gives a bit of an insight Matt17.

Malc
    • Bloblik
    • By Bloblik 16th May 19, 10:23 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Bloblik
    Bill Reminder not sent - AGAIN !
    OK I was expecting a bill reminder to be sent, last time in Feb I thought EON had sorted all this out ... but it seems it wasn't sorted ... RUBBISH !

Here is the previous part of the thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75499114&highlight=bloblik#post75 499114
    • KAlexander47
    • By KAlexander47 21st May 19, 5:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KAlexander47
    Just had a frustrating experience of trying to follow through the link to the Eon Fix online exclusive deal in MSE comparisons. Requires linking directly to Eon website - the MSE deal cannot be found. So had a online chat with Eon - whose first response was to say that I could not switch on that chatline! I reminded them that I thought I was an existing customer (I reverted back to Eon when I had tried to switch last year). They next said that the tariff was not available to existing customers (feedback to the Forum admin?). So I asked about the invitation to renew with a Fix Online deal v19 that had been offered by email to be told that the deal expired today - to which I replied that it was still today! No they meant yesterday, even though I was offered it by email today! Fix online v20 is more expensive! Underlying this is a long term issue about smart meters! I registered with Eon some years ago and am still waiting despite being of senior years (priority) and never having been given the real reason (I have an old ft3 gas meter in a not so old house) and also solar panels! I have had countless emails from Eon asking me to register for a fitting - the MSE Fix online exclusive required smart metering and for the first time it is suggested that gas and electric meters can be fitted - presumably by the Govt deadline next year! So the chat went full circle - if I opt for an MSE deal that brings me back to Eon does that make me a new customer and does that make it a switch. Eon changed their mind during the chat - I cant switch as I am existing customer - the MSE Fix is not available to existing customers and Eon can't/won't install the meters that enable to take advantage of the best deal for me! I have refereed the transcript of the chat to the customer service team and suggest MSE check whether the deal excludes existing customers (if that is what I am).
    E.ON Bill Reminders
    OK I was expecting a bill reminder to be sent, last time in Feb I thought EON had sorted all this out ... but it seems it wasn't sorted ... RUBBISH !

Here is the previous part of the thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75499114&highlight=bloblik#post75 499114
    Originally posted by Bloblik

Hello Bloblik and I'm sorry we failed to email a bill reminder again.

I'm aware of certain technical issues with this service that are stopping these emails going out. Not everyone is affected as the issue is somewhat random. Regrettably, it looks like your mother is one of those impacted.

I've spoken to our technical support team and they don't have a resolution date at the moment. In the meantime, as well as the options I suggested previously, a way round this is through our website. Once logged in, there's a panel at the top of the first page with a message giving details of when the next bill is due and whether or not readings are needed.

Provided we receive readings 14 days either side of the next bill date (for quarterly billed customers), an accurate bill based on these readings will be issued. This will take away estimated bills.

Have I mentioned Real Time Billing before? This lets you create your own bills whenever you wish. Just pop in readings and choose 'request a bill.'

Sorry again for this failure Bloblik and hope the workaround suggested helps.

Malc
    E.ON Fix Online Exclusive
    Just had a frustrating experience of trying to follow through the link to the Eon Fix online exclusive deal in MSE comparisons. Requires linking directly to Eon website - the MSE deal cannot be found. So had a online chat with Eon - whose first response was to say that I could not switch on that chatline! I reminded them that I thought I was an existing customer (I reverted back to Eon when I had tried to switch last year). They next said that the tariff was not available to existing customers (feedback to the Forum admin?). So I asked about the invitation to renew with a Fix Online deal v19 that had been offered by email to be told that the deal expired today - to which I replied that it was still today! No they meant yesterday, even though I was offered it by email today! Fix online v20 is more expensive! Underlying this is a long term issue about smart meters! I registered with Eon some years ago and am still waiting despite being of senior years (priority) and never having been given the real reason (I have an old ft3 gas meter in a not so old house) and also solar panels! I have had countless emails from Eon asking me to register for a fitting - the MSE Fix online exclusive required smart metering and for the first time it is suggested that gas and electric meters can be fitted - presumably by the Govt deadline next year! So the chat went full circle - if I opt for an MSE deal that brings me back to Eon does that make me a new customer and does that make it a switch. Eon changed their mind during the chat - I cant switch as I am existing customer - the MSE Fix is not available to existing customers and Eon can't/won't install the meters that enable to take advantage of the best deal for me! I have refereed the transcript of the chat to the customer service team and suggest MSE check whether the deal excludes existing customers (if that is what I am).
    Originally posted by KAlexander47
    Hello KAlexander47 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you found your Live Chat frustrating. I can confirm, our Fix Online Exclusive tariffs are only available to new customers through broker sites like MSE's Cheap Energy Club.

As we've sent you a tariff renewal, you'll be an existing customer and so won't be able to go on the Fix Online Exclusive tariff.

Fix Online version 19 was withdrawn from sale on 20 May 19 and replaced with version 20. Tariffs offered on renewals are available at the time the emails are issued. We review our products all the time and often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. Sometimes the replacement will be more expensive, sometimes cheaper than its predecessor. It depends on the circumstances at the time.

Are we the Feed in Tariff (FIT) supplier for your solar panels? If we are, this will be what's stopping us fitting smart meters. At the moment, we can only fit smart meters when we're not the FIT supplier. We can't do this where we supply both the energy and the FIT as we don't currently have a suitable export billing solution. This is something we're working on.

If we're not the FIT supplier, there'll be a reason why we're currently unable to fit smart meters. We're installing these meters all over the country and have teams actively promoting them wherever possible. There are certain circumstances where it isn't possible to fit them at the moment. It depends on things like the actual area, type of property, strength of the mobile phone signal and the existing metering set up. There might also be certain local difficulties that don't become clear until a technician can visit.

We've specialist smart meter advisors who will be able to explain what's stopping us installing these meters at your home. Please contact us and ask to talk to one of these advisors.

Don't worry about needing smart meters to go on smart tariffs. We're happy for customers, like yourself, to go on smart tariffs even where they don't have smart meters yet. You can switch online to any of the tariffs currently available on our website.

Hope this explains a bit more KAlexander47. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    • reggi123
    • By reggi123 23rd May 19, 2:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reggi123
    Hi Malc,
    How can E.ON Energy discriminate against existing customers (versus new customers) on the cheapest tarrifs offered. Having come to the end of my current fixed deal with you I am only allowed to have the Fix Online v20 tarrif instead of the cheaper Fix Online Exclusive! This discrimination (which is not only unethical but most likely illegal) will cost me approximately £100 extra for the next 12 months. You obviously do not care about loyalty to your customers - especially as I have been with you for more than 10 years! I hope you will take notice of my comments as I am seriously considering switching to SSE Southern Electric (1 year fixed online v2) where I can save the £100.
    • paulypost
    • By paulypost 23rd May 19, 5:49 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    paulypost
    Total sympathy reggi123. I am also a 20+ years 'loyal' customer of EON but am seriously considering switching after my experience this week. Following my annual review on 16/5 I switched to Fixed V19 on 17/5 - much cheaper and low standing charges. On 22/5 when I tried to get my daughter V19 it had disappeared. The same day I checked MSE and found the Fix Online Exclusive but failed to get the link to work, presumably because I am an existing customer. So I raised a formal complaint about both the short availability of V19 and the discrimination against existing loyal customers. Within a couple of hours I received a telephone call. The CSR basically said that EON can withdraw a tariff at any time without notice as "it's in the terms and conditions". OK I said, I have to accept that.
    Re the treatment of existing versus new customers I was told that "it's a business decision" after he consulted his boss. I replied that I wanted to escalate the complaint because so-called business decisions are determined by company policy and this policy is clearly unfair, which led to a further small hold whilst he checked again with his boss and then he offered me £5 (yes a fiver!!) for my trouble. I said I didn't want money but instead the complaint should be escalated. I thought that he had agreed to do so but then a few minutes later I get a mail with the following brush-off:
    "Thank you for raising the complaint with us. I understanding your point of view regarding the tariffs and what we offer to customers and how I can't offer you what you want.
    However in this instance I can't offer you an alternative resolution or change the features of the product. So we wont be taken any further actions."
    If it wasn't for the fact that my smart meter and display unit would stop working with a new supplier, I'd be off like a shot just for the principle of it. I am also a PV panel user and love to watch the minus numbers on the display unit in the kitchen. So I'll just moan about EON to everyone and maybe cause other people to switch from them?
    Hi Malc,
    How can E.ON Energy discriminate against existing customers (versus new customers) on the cheapest tarrifs offered. Having come to the end of my current fixed deal with you I am only allowed to have the Fix Online v20 tarrif instead of the cheaper Fix Online Exclusive! This discrimination (which is not only unethical but most likely illegal) will cost me approximately £100 extra for the next 12 months. You obviously do not care about loyalty to your customers - especially as I have been with you for more than 10 years! I hope you will take notice of my comments as I am seriously considering switching to SSE Southern Electric (1 year fixed online v2) where I can save the £100.
    Originally posted by reggi123
    Hello reggi123 and welcome to the Forums.

Many thanks for being with us for more than 10 years. You're right, our new Fix Online Exclusive tariff is only available to new customers through Price Comparison sites like MSE’s Cheap Energy Club.

We're continually looking to develop our products so we’re better able to engage with a wider customer base. This isn't to say we're not also exploring the best ways of looking after our existing customers. We're doing this all the time and continue to offer tariffs and products to both new and current customers through our website.

Existing customers can change to other E.ON products at any time without picking up penalties like exit fees. They can also forward switch through our website by up to 52 days in the future.

Totally accept you're not happy with our latest strategy and you’re right to raise these concerns. I can guarantee I'll be feeding this back to those at E.ON who make these decisions. Can't promise anything but I'll make sure those that need to know are aware of how you feel.

Malc
    Total sympathy reggi123. I am also a 20+ years 'loyal' customer of EON but am seriously considering switching after my experience this week. Following my annual review on 16/5 I switched to Fixed V19 on 17/5 - much cheaper and low standing charges. On 22/5 when I tried to get my daughter V19 it had disappeared. The same day I checked MSE and found the Fix Online Exclusive but failed to get the link to work, presumably because I am an existing customer. So I raised a formal complaint about both the short availability of V19 and the discrimination against existing loyal customers. Within a couple of hours I received a telephone call. The CSR basically said that EON can withdraw a tariff at any time without notice as "it's in the terms and conditions". OK I said, I have to accept that.
    Re the treatment of existing versus new customers I was told that "it's a business decision" after he consulted his boss. I replied that I wanted to escalate the complaint because so-called business decisions are determined by company policy and this policy is clearly unfair, which led to a further small hold whilst he checked again with his boss and then he offered me £5 (yes a fiver!!) for my trouble. I said I didn't want money but instead the complaint should be escalated. I thought that he had agreed to do so but then a few minutes later I get a mail with the following brush-off:
    "Thank you for raising the complaint with us. I understanding your point of view regarding the tariffs and what we offer to customers and how I can't offer you what you want.
    However in this instance I can't offer you an alternative resolution or change the features of the product. So we wont be taken any further actions."
    If it wasn't for the fact that my smart meter and display unit would stop working with a new supplier, I'd be off like a shot just for the principle of it. I am also a PV panel user and love to watch the minus numbers on the display unit in the kitchen. So I'll just moan about EON to everyone and maybe cause other people to switch from them?
    Originally posted by paulypost
    Hello paulypost and thank you for staying with us for over 20 years.

Please see my reply to reggi123 above about our new Fix Online Exclusive tariffs. I do understand your unhappiness with this decision and will similarly pass on your comments to those at E.ON responsible for this strategy.

Fix Online version 19 was only available for sale between 14 and 20 May 19. We’re continually reviewing our products and, as our advisor explained, often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. Sometimes the replacement will be more expensive, sometimes cheaper than its predecessor. It depends on the circumstances at the time.

Thank you again for being with us for such a long time.

Malc
    • PennineAcute
    • By PennineAcute 15th Jun 19, 4:14 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    PennineAcute
    Switch to Fix Online Exclusive V4, through the energy club, seems to be going smoothly. Received confirmation email two days ago and written confirmation in the post today.

There has been some confusion over smart meter installation, but this is now sorted. According to 11.1 of their T&Cs "With this tairff you have agredd to be contacted during the tariff term for the instalation of a smart meter. You are still eligible for this tariff if you currently have a smart meter or your property is currently ineligible for a smart meter"

I contacted online chat today to clarlify that as I already have smart meters, that I would not need to have new ones fitted. My concern was that as I was only moving my electricty over, if they fitted a new electricity smart meter, then I would not have access to my gas daily usage, thus messing up my daily spreadsheet. Online chat said that I would have to have a new smart meter fitted. When I explained the reasons, he suggested I call the SMART team.

Took around 15 minutes to get through to the smart team, but the lady was lovely. Explained that I would not need to have a smart meter fitted, as I already have them.

She then noticed I had declared a disability and had registered on the priority services. She asked if she could have more details of this, to ensure that I get the right level of support. Explained that I could also have a few things like password set up, if any one from EON calls, or a meter reader. I took up this offer.

She also asked if I would like my meter read every quarter. I declined this, as my IHD gives me my meter readings.

Nothing was too much for this lady and she is an asset to EON.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

2,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin