Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 16th Nov 10, 11:47 AM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    0 WOW
    Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion
    • 16th Nov 10, 11:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion 16th Nov 10 at 11:47 AM
    This thread is specifically to discuss the content of

To discuss or ask a question about this article: please reply here

To read the previous Internet Shopping thread see here

To discuss making free cashback from clicks please use the
    Making Free Cash From Cashback Sites Discussion
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 2
    • Michael Campbell
    • By Michael Campbell 4th Jul 11, 8:59 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Michael Campbell
    Quidco question
    Can anyone explain how THEHIGHSTREETWEB wroks on quidco please?

I logged in to quidco, went through highstreet web and searched for a samsung tv, it displayed links, and I clicked amazon, then I searched amazon a little, but quidco didn't log it, am I missing a trick?

Thanks in advance.
    • Michael Campbell
    • By Michael Campbell 5th Jul 11, 9:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Michael Campbell
    Hi All

I used quidco but then found another site offering a better deal, and it's free to join. Don't know if i'm allowed to post a link to it yet!!!

I have earned money back from day one andhave just ordered a card so I can earn cash back on everything I spend. So far so good
    Originally posted by Frankyt
    You can't post websites on here when you are new.
    • SAVVYSHOPPER
    • By SAVVYSHOPPER 19th Jul 11, 9:49 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    SAVVYSHOPPER
    Magic Shopper
    Hope I am in the right place for posting but can anybody please tell me whether the Magic Shopper cashback site has ceased operating as I had some money in my account and now cannot access the site

Thanks in advance

Savvyshopper
    • slewts
    • By slewts 26th Jul 11, 12:46 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    slewts
    Has anyone had any dealings recently with www.cashmachine.co.uk
    I've tried accessing their site today and it's down.
    Could this be another cashback site that has failed?
    Any feedback would be gratefully received as I have a payment request processed and another payment waiting to be confirmed.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 26th Jul 11, 3:54 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    Has anyone had any dealings recently with www.cashmachine.co.uk
    I've tried accessing their site today and it's down.
    Originally posted by slewts
    Site's working fine here.
    • WishI'dReadSooner
    • By WishI'dReadSooner 26th Sep 11, 4:25 PM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 18,606 Thanks
    WishI'dReadSooner
    My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow - with RAC but it's an Aviva policy.
    I have rung RAC so they don't automatically renew.
    Aviva ia very slightly cheaper than RAC - with cashback these are my cheapest options

Question - Both TCB and Quidco say they won't pay out on renewals. Aviva sees that I am insured with them as does RAC.
    Should I wait to buy insurance until tomorrow - when my policy will have already relapsed? I won't be driving without insurance & car is safely locked away. Should I try another insurer - Swinton is similar priced to get cashback?

Previously I've just switched between RAC & Aviva as invariably they were my best quotes BUT they never used to recognise I held a policy before.

Quidco is offering better cashback now than TCB (80 Aviva compared to 30 TCB) - pity as prefer TCB! Are people finding that Quidco are getting better at paying out or should I stick with TCB
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 26th Sep 11, 6:57 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow - with RAC but it's an Aviva policy.
    I have rung RAC so they don't automatically renew.
    Aviva ia very slightly cheaper than RAC - with cashback these are my cheapest options

Question - Both TCB and Quidco say they won't pay out on renewals. Aviva sees that I am insured with them as does RAC.
    Should I wait to buy insurance until tomorrow - when my policy will have already relapsed? I won't be driving without insurance & car is safely locked away. Should I try another insurer - Swinton is similar priced to get cashback?

Previously I've just switched between RAC & Aviva as invariably they were my best quotes BUT they never used to recognise I held a policy before.

Quidco is offering better cashback now than TCB (80 Aviva compared to 30 TCB) - pity as prefer TCB! Are people finding that Quidco are getting better at paying out or should I stick with TCB
    Originally posted by WishI'dReadSooner
    I'm presuming you've been right through all the steps in the MSE car insurance guide . I have just this weekend re-insured my car and follow that guide every year (cheapest quote this time by about 90 was Ecar, and got an additional 60 cashback through TopCashback ).

And as for Quidco's higher cashback rate:

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/76
    Last edited by JDPower; 26-09-2011 at 7:01 PM.
    • WishI'dReadSooner
    • By WishI'dReadSooner 26th Sep 11, 11:43 PM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 18,606 Thanks
    WishI'dReadSooner
    WOW! Thanks a million for that - I had NO idea that TCB matched with Quidco. VERY happy at that as I've had things not track on Quidco - ALWAYS the biggies too! I went to TCB about 3 yrs ago having been disillusioned with Quidco & TCB has proved FAR better

Yep I've gone through all the steps on MSE - it's strange but invariably over the last few years Aviva or RAC have been my lowest quotes. Cashback makes it all the more sweet a deal.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 27th Sep 11, 1:13 AM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    WOW! Thanks a million for that - I had NO idea that TCB matched with Quidco. VERY happy at that as I've had things not track on Quidco - ALWAYS the biggies too! I went to TCB about 3 yrs ago having been disillusioned with Quidco & TCB has proved FAR better
    Originally posted by WishI'dReadSooner
    You're welcome. Problem for me is cos I don't touch Quidco any more I always forget to check their rates in case I can claim with TCB's highest rate guarantee
    • WishI'dReadSooner
    • By WishI'dReadSooner 29th Sep 11, 6:53 AM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 18,606 Thanks
    WishI'dReadSooner
    TCB was brilliant. The Aviva deal tracked at 30.30 so I sent them a form with the link to Quidcos 80 cashback deal. Within about 12hrs it's now 80.80.

I'm just hoping now that Aviva accept it as although I cancelled with RAC & was assured NO money would go out they (Aviva from RAC) took another annual payment from me - I was NOT amused!

IF it goes wrong because of this double payment (chap VERY sorry on phone & will be refunded immediately) I'm going to be EXTREMELY cross.

Thanks again JDPower for the tip - HOW did I miss this?
    I guess I'm like you though I just rarely look at Quidco any more BUT I'll try & remember to on larger purchases. It was SO easy to get them to honour the larger cashback amount.

IF the cashback goes as it should do my Insurance will be just 104.70 after cashback - that's the lowest in years!
    Last edited by WishI'dReadSooner; 29-09-2011 at 6:56 AM.
    • debbie22
    • By debbie22 6th Oct 11, 7:54 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    debbie22
    I opened an account with Captain Cashback earlier this year (via The Sun/News of the world) Following the demise of NOTW they transferred my a/c to a site called Major Moneyback. My 80 cashback earned is on their next payment run this week and, guess what? Their website appears to be down... Anyone else having problems with this site? Getting worried! Thanks : )
  • scarhead
    Just closed TCB account after testing it more than a month with small purchases, bad experience as "0" earnings displayed. It has nothing to do with "cookie" flushing as all done correctly. I strongly recommend to anyone interested in cb sites to go with Quidco, so far very pleased. The only thing I wished Quidco should have on the site is the user reviews of all offers. Quidco holds 5 of your cb towards running the site but they do run it. Tracks everything super fast. I also registered one of my credit card with them, went to cinema, bought tickets, went upstairs and bought popcorn+drink. The next day I see cb from Quidco via ccard, listed the tickets and popcorn+drinks separately. Brilliant.
  • cd1951
    Are cashback sites ripping users off??
    I COULD NOT SEE HOW TO POST THIS THREAD - SO I AM PUTTING IT HERE!!

Other people besides myself must have noticed that it is taking longer to get cashback for purchases thn it used to do??

I know that casback sites have various methods of receiving cashback and that the larger one's are either receiving 'retainers' from companies or are in fact 'brokers', in additional to 'internet transactions'.

The time it takes to receive the cashback has gone from 3 to 6 or more months on most products (in some cases-to 'weed out' the 'quick buck' users), but cash purchases of goods are having to wait 6+ months, which I do not think is right.

I bought an electrical item from Currys through Topcashback and they payment is not due for 8 months, even though I paid fully with a debit card!! I am sure that Topcashback are not waiting all this time for the money to come through??

I bought an insurance policy through Zatzat, paying in full with a debit card and it has a 7 months wait for payment of cashback!!

Two months ago I had an experience with AA 50+ life insurance and Topcashback. Two days before the 80.80 was due to be paid out, the 'offer' was withdrawn by Topcashback. I queried this and was told my Topcashback that it would take a couple of months to investigate - this I was not prepared to accept, as I felt they/someone were trying a 'con'!! Fortunately, i had my car insured with AA and I did have the email address for the Chief Executive of the AA. An email to him and within 5 days, i had 160 credited to my bank account by Topcashback!!

The AA CEO., said that the offer had not been withdrawn, but an error had been made by Topcashback!! Needless to say Topcashback did not pay the 'Top Up' of 80p!!

I think that Cashback sites should be regulated (bearing in mod what I have written above), especially where they receive monies direct from the retailers.

Incidently, I have also had similar experience to the AA by LV., this is still being disputed, as offer withdrawn shortly before payout-yet the offer is still being shown as valid & running!!

Insurance brokers do not wait 6+ months to receive their commissions from the insurance companies-if they did, they would be out of business!!

Do other people agree with what I have written??
    • mcduff16
    • By mcduff16 18th Oct 11, 4:37 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    mcduff16
    I`m with TopCashBack and ive been waiting since April 2011 for 3 payments for a grand total of over 110. Total mess, very slow and i think i might go back to Quidco
    • Mrs Optimist
    • By Mrs Optimist 24th Oct 11, 1:13 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 1,259 Thanks
    Mrs Optimist
    I am still waiting for a payment of 180 from Februuary this year (a Holiday) and 10 from Feb 2010! All other earnings have tracked and been paid by Topcashback pretty quickly. I keep sending nudges but the status always states "waiting for Retailer". Am pretty annoyed as that money would come in handy for Christmas, at this rate it will be Christmas 2012.
  • dot_richie77
    Quidco - 1.50 for nothing so far!
    I just started with Quidco and got 1.50 for signing up to a free trial for 30 days and it comes with free anti-virus software.

I can't post the link apparently because i'm new but the company is called Inbay.

Alright for nothing!
    • CassarJ
    • By CassarJ 21st Dec 11, 2:50 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CassarJ
    Home Insurance premium 51 more (than direct) with 50 cashback (quidco)

So whats the point?

Are all deals this pointless?
  • Kangols
    Its no good for me cos I'm already a member, but NoBrainers offer 1.50 signup bonus when you join Quidco through the link on their site. Seems like an easy win for a new member and better than nothing! Update- NoBrainers are doing 5.00 signup offer now as well too! I've taken advantage of this one!
    Last edited by Kangols; 06-01-2012 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Topcashback too!
    • slenderkitten
    • By slenderkitten 22nd Feb 12, 8:53 PM
    • 905 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    slenderkitten
    i am thinking of using quidco as its linked in with NUS, if i sign up, how does this admin fee work, will i get charged the 5 if i make any purchases or not?
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 22nd Feb 12, 10:37 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    i am thinking of using quidco as its linked in with NUS, if i sign up, how does this admin fee work, will i get charged the 5 if i make any purchases or not?
    Originally posted by slenderkitten
    As far as I'm aware they take the first 5 of your cashback so unless your gonna be making significantly more that that it's a waste of time. Better off with TopCashback - no fee and they pricematch any cashback rates that Quidco offers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,291Posts Today

6,558Users online

Martin's Twitter