Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• ernie-money
    Options
    robmar0se wrote: »
    Me too.

A good site that reviews 10 different cashback sites http://cashback-websites-uk.no1reviews.com/

Would like some user feedback on getpoundsback - good or bad please.

Getpoundsback is REALLY good - the site appears to be run by actual humans! If you have an issue they deal with it quickly and get back to you, not within days, but hours (in my experience) and they hardly ever decline purchases without reason, as I've often found with both Quidco and TCB. When you get a message from them, you can tell it's been typed by a real person, who has actually read your message, and not just a standard template email that's been fired off, and their cashback rates are competitive too.
    I still use a combination of all 3 sites, because Quidco often have bonus offers that are difficult to match elsewhere, and they also both have the grocery cashback, but if I had to chose one site based on customer service, getpoundsback would win hands down! Maybe it's because they are a smaller site, so perhaps it's someone who actually cares who works in their customer service department, so perhaps I shouldn't blow their trumpet so that they grow into one of those other big companies with staff that don't give a t*ss!
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    Getpoundsback is REALLY good - the site appears to be run by actual humans! If you have an issue they deal with it quickly and get back to you, not within days, but hours (in my experience) and they hardly ever decline purchases without reason, as I've often found with both Quidco and TCB. When you get a message from them, you can tell it's been typed by a real person, who has actually read your message, and not just a standard template email that's been fired off, and their cashback rates are competitive too.
    I still use a combination of all 3 sites, because Quidco often have bonus offers that are difficult to match elsewhere, and they also both have the grocery cashback, but if I had to chose one site based on customer service, getpoundsback would win hands down! Maybe it's because they are a smaller site, so perhaps it's someone who actually cares who works in their customer service department, so perhaps I shouldn't blow their trumpet so that they grow into one of those other big companies with staff that don't give a t*ss!

I'd totally agree with that too.
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    I joined topcashback on 2nd sept 2013 and I have achieved £683.34 all by clicking through on everything (just to check, you never know until you try) and referring friends and family, it soon mounts up and has paid for Christmas and sons birthday.
  • juggymo
    Options
    I've been using Moneysavingexpert for several years now and joined today to vent my annoyance on Topcashback :mad:

I have used the cash back service for nearly 3 years and never really had a problem until a recent missing claim that has been pending 9 Months!! The status has been stuck on 'Waiting for Mercahant,' but I am not completely sure it is Expedia that are taking this long as my friends/ family have had payments cleared within a couple of months.

The amount is nearly £100 and I only booked through Expedia due to the cash back option.

I have sent several nudges in order to see if I can get any response and nothing..! I have no option but to sit and hope but I don't understand what the hold up is!
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    juggymo wrote: »
    I've been using Moneysavingexpert for several years now and joined today to vent my annoyance on Topcashback :mad:

I have used the cash back service for nearly 3 years and never really had a problem until a recent missing claim that has been pending 9 Months!! The status has been stuck on 'Waiting for Mercahant,' but I am not completely sure it is Expedia that are taking this long as my friends/ family have had payments cleared within a couple of months.

The amount is nearly £100 and I only booked through Expedia due to the cash back option.

I have sent several nudges in order to see if I can get any response and nothing..! I have no option but to sit and hope but I don't understand what the hold up is!
    Just one issue in 3 years and you're venting? That aside, there is an additional party at play in the process you've missed, the affiliate network that handles the actual cashback from merchant to TCB. They are effectively the middle men, but sadly they aren't the most reliable and are most often the cause of failed cashback in my experience, but of course they go unseen so the cashback site takes the flak. I would say that going unpaid for that long would mean you almost certainly won't receive it (remember the first rule of cashback - cashback is never guaranteed and should never be used as sole reason to purchase). Also you say you've had no responses to nudges, well nudges aren't responded to, says as much on TCB, they are merely used as pointers. If you are concerned about it send them an actual message, though I suspect they will also tell you payment now is unlikely sadly.
  • Roundthebend_2
    Roundthebend_2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 27 December 2014 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Top Cashback has so far netted me just over the £500 mark but it does seem to be slowing down a tad. I get my good deals when we move house (forces family) switching between myself and my husband as the customer means we get better deals.
    Best deal this Christmas was the jukebox my husband was after, was £65, reduced from £80 and I got just shy of £13 Cashback!

Not as good as some deals but as I had saved the £80 to buy it, I was thrilled!
    £1k emergency fund (#33) £140/£1000 10.4%
    DFBXmas 2015 (#033) £3,328.76/£49,404 6.7% :)
    Sealed Pot Challenger #474 £16.27/£100 target
  • psarinuk
    psarinuk Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I need to add my experience on TopCashBack (TCB) as they have closed their FORUM (does anyone need to wonder why).

I switched over from Quidco to Topcashback a few years ago due to frustration with untracked items but the same thing is happening at TCB over the last year or so. This is so frustrating as you do everything according to the book, clear cookies, delete history and try different browsers.

Despite all these efforts NOTHING gets tracked for me (even though the website gives you a popup to say that TCB are directing you to the merchant). I've had to resort to raising tickets that are as old as June last year with no response from TCB or merchant.

I've now held all my shopping from TCB until this is resolved and despite all the nudges, I see no light at the end of TCB tunnel..
  • kimcoates
    Options
    Having issues with Quidco today. They have shut down a lot of students accounts (no warning or anything) due to just using them for Quicksnap shopping transactions and saying they were opened for just using it for that purpose. Just a warning for others out there who use them just for shopping - not that they tracked all the time anyway. Easy way to withhold payments.
  • lizziebell*80
    Options
    I love Topcashback. I always use them as they tend to have the better deals than Quidco, but even in Quidco is better, Topcashback will match their deal, so win-win!
    I always query any issues and on the whole they have been sorted out.
    I always find the best deal (which might not mean using cashback).
    Since joining in July 2011 I have made £1049!
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Clicked and purchased with top cashback and it has told me how much cashback i will have. Only it has not added on the extra 10% bonus they have for their 10yrs birthday. Will this be added when my purchase has been approved, as it's only on this weekend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback