Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 4th Nov 10, 1:08 AM
    • 1,536 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Disrespectful !!!!! What planet are you on - People are naturaly upset and angry because CCE , was DISRESPECTFUL and DISHONEST is selling a product that they had no intention of supplying. Peoples hard earned cash has been taken by an unscrupleous, crook, who has NO RESPECT for human beings. Barclays and FSA Have took look in the mirror at themselves , but they'll bob and weave and blame anybody else , as long as it's not them - Hope they can live with themselves !!!
    Originally posted by DENBOW

I'm sure this 'sleepy' part of the World, previously expert in luring ships onto the rocks, during the storms, had no problem with creating the financial equivalent of the same scenario. They don't see the bloated floating bodies coming ashore, simply the contraband and goodies, to be disposed of. Benstead has assembled a team of 'wreckers' who are totally dependent on him. Their silence is guaranteed, until, any one of them is cited as vulnerable. Benstead, and ex Directors, if guilty of a felony, may have their assets stripped, as may employees, who knowingly furthered a fraudulent transaction. There must be a good chance of a certain councillor, and his buddy, sharing a cell. Sad to say, some of the 'brains in the scam' - who had to be more adept than the 67 year old boss - will probably find themselves stripped of their assets. What a great pity, I hear you shout. Anyone, who knew what was 'going down' stands to lose their home - make no mistake.

Benstead is like a crooked Oyster. Once you open him up, the rest will follow. Employment records, Tax returns, sickness claims, retirement records. Hayle is not a good place to find yourself, if an ex Benstead employee.
  • helenllama
    Hmmm. Well the most important thing is that a thread of sorts remains.

So much valuable information has been unearthed over the past days and weeks.

Does anyone have anymore information on the winding up petition for Grants of Cornwall? Is this a means of additional funds for distribution amongst CCE creditors?
    Originally posted by karie
    Nothing filed with Companies House, however another site I use (companies in the uk) has Crown Holdings (London) as being in Administration as well. Neither Grants of Cornwall or Mayfair and Grant are shown as being in administration on those. But surely as they are subsiduries (of Crown Holdings (London)) they are in administration too?
    Last edited by helenllama; 04-11-2010 at 4:25 AM.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 6:50 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Disrespectful !!!!! What planet are you on - People are naturaly upset and angry because CCE , was DISRESPECTFUL and DISHONEST is selling a product that they had no intention of supplying. Peoples hard earned cash has been taken by an unscrupleous, crook, who has NO RESPECT for human beings. Barclays and FSA Have took look in the mirror at themselves , but they'll bob and weave and blame anybody else , as long as it's not them - Hope they can live with themselves !!!
    Originally posted by DENBOW

DMG has a history of such posts
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 6:53 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Nothing filed with Companies House, however another site I use (companies in the uk) has Crown Holdings (London) as being in Administration as well. Neither Grants of Cornwall or Mayfair and Grant are shown as being in administration on those. But surely as they are subsiduries (of Crown Holdings (London)) they are in administration too?
    Originally posted by helenllama

Grants of Cornwall were issued with a winding up order in Nov 1st , it was issued by crown holdings , the details are ( were? ) In a post I made on the old thread

They dont appear to be ( legally) link to CCE or crown holdings , actaully as they dont share common directors they cant be .....P benstead is a director in all , but E james isnt a director of Grants , and the other director isnt a director of the Crown lot ......although he has several links with past ( and present ) companies
    Last edited by pelirocco; 04-11-2010 at 6:56 AM.
    • rogertb
    • By rogertb 4th Nov 10, 6:54 AM
    • 291 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    rogertb
    Hi - I have used CCE several times but didn't go abroad last year, whenever I've used them before my wife has said "Are we taking a risk" - I, foolishly, have always said no, especially as I found the company on this site, we're bound to be covered ... obviously not. My question is where can one go for competitive currency rates in the future ? Many thanks Roger
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 6:57 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Date: 1 November 2010 Issue Number: 59592 Page number: 20962

Publication Date: Monday, 1 November 2010

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court No 8351 of 2010

In the Matter of GRANTS OF CORNWALL LIMITED

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above named Company of John Harvey House, Foundry Square, Hayle, Cornwall TR27 4HH presented on 14 October 2010 by Crown Holdings (London) Limited of John Harvey House, Foundry Square, Hayle, Cornwall TR27 4HH claiming to be a creditor of the Company will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL on 1 December 2010 at 10.30 am (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its solicitors in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours 30 November 2010.

The Petitioner’s solicitors are Isadore Goldman of 12 Bridewell Place, London EC4V 6AP. (Ref: DS/SR.)

1 November 2010
    • Grumpelstiltskin
    • By Grumpelstiltskin 4th Nov 10, 7:29 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 2,747 Thanks
    Grumpelstiltskin
    Hi - I have used CCE several times but didn't go abroad last year, whenever I've used them before my wife has said "Are we taking a risk" - I, foolishly, have always said no, especially as I found the company on this site, we're bound to be covered ... obviously not. My question is where can one go for competitive currency rates in the future ? Many thanks Roger
    Originally posted by rogertb
    Roger as the law stands at the moment despite what any company says to you about seperate accounts etc. you are taking a risk.

The only risk free method is to walk into somewhere put your s on the counter and be given $s or s in your hand.

As long as you are aware of the risk the choice is yours.
  • Helford2
    Morning Grumps and Pelirocco,

Another tough day at the coal face!

• Muzzabuzz
    Morning all
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 8:05 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Morning Grumps and Pelirocco,

Another tough day at the coal face!

Originally posted by Helford2

Only this time someone has taken away our canary
  • Helford2
    Originally posted by pelirocco
    I've got a German Shepherd dog that sings rather a lot!

• pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 8:08 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    I've got a German Shepherd dog that sings rather a lot!

Does he come from Weymouth?
  • Helford2
    Does he come from Weymouth?
    Sorry, lost on me?

She's a London evacuee and not to be challenged!

• old nutter
    • By old nutter 4th Nov 10, 8:13 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    old nutter
    Anybody know how long it's been gone or any signs when it might be back in the cage?
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 8:19 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Does anyone know what happened to TOR traders , I think they were another currency firm?

It was dissolved somewhere between Dec09 and march 2010 , at the time James and Matthews were directors , ex directors included the Bensteads . The company had submitted accounts for a few years , and true to style their liabilities exceeded their assets every year .

It doesnt look as tho they were wound up by creditors and assume they ceased trading , but i am ( almost) sure to do this you have to pay off any debts the company has , in their last accounts of june 07 , their assets were 76,561 and their liabilities were 260,556

So did TOR traders become CCE? , or something else?
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 8:19 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Sorry, lost on me?

She's a London evacuee and not to be challenged!

whoosh

remember the dog charity in Weymouth?
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 8:20 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Anybody know how long it's been gone or any signs when it might be back in the cage?
    Originally posted by old nutter

I think it died

the canary is no more
  • Muzzabuzz
    I think it died

the canary is no more
    Not sure Old Nutter is referring to the same canary....

That reminds me - I have to feed the cat!
  • Helford2
    Company Expert
    I was wondering whether 'Company Expert' has a bipolar personality? Lol

The original posts were helpful and friendly, subsequent posts were agressive and defensive, emmmmmmm.

Couldn't be a case of identity fraud could it?
  • Muzzabuzz
    Anyone seen my cat? It seems to have escaped !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,208Posts Today

5,748Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin