Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 3rd Nov 10, 8:39 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp
    Backed by experts
    Grants of Cornwall was launched in 2009 in Hayle, Cornwall. We are part of Mayfair & Grant who belong to the financial experts Crown Holdings Ltd. It’s what distinguishes our service from the rest.
    After all, all that glitters is not gold.
    Unlike our competitors, we have very low overheads. It means we can offer you value for money and secure a higher price for your gold. We’re client-focused and proud of our safe and reliable service. You’ll find no hidden fees. No quibbles. No fuss. Just great customer service and some extra cash in your pocket

No gold ,and no money? lol
    Originally posted by pelirocco
    I like the 'honesty pledge' - 'Our no-obligation service is entirely free to you from start to finish.'.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 3rd Nov 10, 8:40 PM
    • 7,735 Posts
    • 8,703 Thanks
    pelirocco
    As highlighted A shed on stilts shared with at least 30 other companies, the share of overheads should be very low.
    Originally posted by Grumpelstiltskin

But they must have missed it when another company moved out
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 3rd Nov 10, 8:43 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp
    As highlighted A shed on stilts shared with at least 30 other companies, the share of overheads should be very low.
    Originally posted by Grumpelstiltskin
    Especially as some of the companies shared the same directors and/or shareholders! But not the same business model.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 3rd Nov 10, 8:44 PM
    • 7,735 Posts
    • 8,703 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Not to mention the history of common directors and shareholders . I shalln't mention employees.
    Originally posted by whitecrow

and addresses
    • Grumpelstiltskin
    • By Grumpelstiltskin 3rd Nov 10, 9:04 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,857 Thanks
    Grumpelstiltskin
    Nicked from CCE and with words blanked out.

Positions are full time and based at our head office in ********.

You must have previous sales experience with a proven track record, hardworking, motivated, and with excellent organizational skills. Must be a self-starter, and possess a flair for working with numbers.

On target earnings of £40k are easily achievable.

If you have the relevant experience please apply in confidence to ********************** ********** @ ************

Working for a competitor, why not join us in ******** and live the good life?

• Cardew
    • By Cardew 3rd Nov 10, 9:08 PM
    • 27,973 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    Cardew
    By investing in Bernard Madoff’s firm, people lost US$billions.

If it was discovered that another firm, sharing the same building and in the same line of business, was effectively owned by Madoff’s family and former business partner, there would be an outcry.

If attempts to make this fact widely known were suppressed by threats of legal action from this firm, there would be revulsion.

Indeed the threat itself would become the news story and ensure the connection between the two firms was widely publicised.
    • SallySunshine
    • By SallySunshine 3rd Nov 10, 9:10 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    SallySunshine
    I think we should all apply for these dream jobs, won't take us long to get our missing money back

Just going to make up my c.v. now. Ah, but just a minute, according to some people I am a risk taker, a gambler and a believer in fairytales.

Do you think I have a chance?

• dmg24
    I think some people on here are being really disrespectful. The thread was started to help people with questions relating to CCE, and if the threads carry on in this tone I can see the Team stopping them altogether. I have reported the thread to Abuse, as numerous posts are going against what the Team has asked.
    • whitecrow
    • By whitecrow 3rd Nov 10, 9:26 PM
    • 2,712 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    whitecrow
    I think some people on here are being really disrespectful. The thread was started to help people with questions relating to CCE, and if the threads carry on in this tone I can see the Team stopping them altogether. I have reported the thread to Abuse, as numerous posts are going against what the Team has asked.
    Originally posted by dmg24
    The main question people want an answer to is ' Where's the money gone?'. It clearly isn't in CCE, the administrators have said so. But we do know who is responsible for its disappearance, the directors of CCE. So for those people who have lost money to pursue the collection of facts about the directors interests, resources and assets is surely to be expected. That is what we have been doing.
    Last edited by whitecrow; 03-11-2010 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Failed to make it funny
    • karie
    • By karie 3rd Nov 10, 9:42 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    karie
    Hmmm. Well the most important thing is that a thread of sorts remains.

So much valuable information has been unearthed over the past days and weeks.

Does anyone have anymore information on the winding up petition for Grants of Cornwall? Is this a means of additional funds for distribution amongst CCE creditors?
  • CCELoser
    This thread has been diverse, informative, humourous, at times sad and angry however more importantly it has been a point of contact for normal every day folk who have lost money through out the range of human emotions this miserable affair has caused.

It has also been graced by others who have also brought different perspectives - those who are helping with research skills and those who are here to protect their own.

Crucially however almost everyone has contributed something - apart from people who are calling for its closure!!!
    Last edited by CCELoser; 03-11-2010 at 10:14 PM.
  • glynd
    They've deleted my posts about the FSA.

What a bunch of cowards. I have these calls logged, the name of the person I spoke to and the relevant literature in front of me. Can I support those claims in a court of law? You're damn right I can, and the more they do this, the more I'm determined to bring The Benstead/James Pack of cards down.

That includes finding out who the Baltic Trust is/are.

I'm sure this will be deleted by morning. i don't care, I hope they're reading this and understand that they're making us even more determined to get them.
    • whitecrow
    • By whitecrow 3rd Nov 10, 10:03 PM
    • 2,712 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    whitecrow
    They've deleted my posts about the FSA.

What a bunch of cowards. I have these calls logged, the name of the person I spoke to and the relevant literature in front of me. Can I support those claims in a court of law? You're damn right I can, and the more they do this, the more I'm determined to bring The Benstead/James Pack of cards down.

That includes finding out who the Baltic Trust is/are.

I'm sure this will be deleted by morning. i don't care, I hope they're reading this and understand that they're making us even more determined to get them.
    Originally posted by glynd
    According to their guidelines that should be fine glynd.
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 3rd Nov 10, 10:08 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp
    I agree with CCELoser, this thread has been very informative and if people have read it from day 1 they will find a lot of frustrated people who have lost money. Do they have a right to feel disrespectful towards CCE/directors/shareholders?
    • whitecrow
    • By whitecrow 3rd Nov 10, 10:08 PM
    • 2,712 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    whitecrow
    An excerpt from Dans message

"Anythingyou say on the forum must be legally defensible (ie, you can prove its true)."

OK, agree with that.

Now, can we then assume

"Anything we can prove to be true we can say on the forum" ?

( Obviously related to the CCE investigation )

Grateful for your reply and any explanation.
    Last edited by whitecrow; 03-11-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 3rd Nov 10, 10:10 PM
    • 2,937 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    harz99
    Your first post in relation to the CCE debacle, and you are reporting the whole thread to Abuse - very useful and helpful I must say!
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 3rd Nov 10, 10:43 PM
    • 27,973 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    Cardew
    Maybe the best place to discuss our dilemma would be on the live wall on the action group forums, then we don't have folks like DSG24 & others who continually report so-called abuse and get post removed.
    Originally posted by polli62
    If the idea is to get wide publicity for the 'cause' and bring the guilty to book, I suspect that MSE is read far more than the action group forum.

If nothing else this thread will point people toward the action group.
  • glynd
    So, seeing as we're only allowed to post facts, a little puzzler for everyone.

First person to guess (no googling!) who said this...

What does a Peter Benstead do when his business goes bust? He starts it up again, usually the next day, in the same factory, and so on. He looks after the people who need looking after, as in timber suppliers and employees.
    ...gets a lollipop.
  • DENBOW
    Disrespectful !!!!! What planet are you on - People are naturaly upset and angry because CCE , was DISRESPECTFUL and DISHONEST is selling a product that they had no intention of supplying. Peoples hard earned cash has been taken by an unscrupleous, crook, who has NO RESPECT for human beings. Barclays and FSA Have took look in the mirror at themselves , but they'll bob and weave and blame anybody else , as long as it's not them - Hope they can live with themselves !!!
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 4th Nov 10, 12:35 AM
    • 1,536 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    MCR Fees?
    I know they are perfectly legitimate, but, they can be significant, with such a small residual fund identified. Obviously, the liquidation process will be initiated very shortly. The CCE action group refuse, point-blank, to publish any questions relating to MCR charges, and, seem to be happy with the 'whispers' of 10p in the pound. I maintain, the 13000 un-secured creditors, had better be prepared to receive 'nothing back'. It is cruel to 'build-up' the hopes of folks who have been fleeced. If Barclays Bank identifies those folk who had their money accepted, after the freeze, then, you have secured creditors - again, ahead of the un-secured creditors.

I must admit to feeling 'uncomfortable' with the action group sitting around the same table as the Administrators!

Anyway, I had the audacity to ask questions of the Administrators. via their devotees. Needless to say. censorship was instant, and, the 'Freedom of Speech Ethic' went straight out of the window. Prior to the final 'nail in my coffin' - there were a remarkable number of deletions of my previous posts. I would expect the same level of censorship, to have prevailed at Staleg Luft 13! Now, they will not even let me show my medication certificate, for the night of the termination!

I'm reminded of the 1914/18 War. Lots of gutsy songs and artificial glamour. The reality was dismal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,117Posts Today

7,388Users online

Martin's Twitter