Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • smartie1976
    • By smartie1976 24th Mar 06, 11:31 AM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 1,849 Thanks
    smartie1976
    • 24th Mar 06, 11:31 AM
    • 24th Mar 06, 11:31 AM
    I don't think it'll matter what tarrif they are on, it ends when they move. You will go onto bog standard tarrif unless you can negotiate something with PG
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
    • juniper1
    • By juniper1 24th Mar 06, 4:55 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    juniper1
    • 24th Mar 06, 4:55 PM
    • 24th Mar 06, 4:55 PM
    Hi. I'm having a 'gas & electric' fright week. On your question when we moved to our house a year ago I hadn't realised that you need to use whatever company the house is with, ie Powergen in your case. I had previously been with BGas & Seeboard for electric and assumed that I would just inform them of the move, take meter readings etc,. and carry paying my direct debits etc,. It was not the case. When I spoke with BG they started the procedure of changing the new property over to them and it was at this point that I found out how expensive they actually are. I had never looked into it before but after looking at the figures of Scottish Power who our new house was with for both utilities I decided I was better off to keep it with them.
    In my own experience moving house is a traumatic enough experience and it takes quite along time for the bills etc,. to settle down. You'll find that money flies out of your bank account at a rate of knots to begin with so perhaps best advice I can give is go with powergen at the moment. Ask them what their charges are, set up a DDM to pay monthly and then once you've settled into the house and the DDM's are collecting smoothly each month then look at changing if you feel you can get a better deal elsewhere. You could ask Powergen about capping and see whether they can do a comparison quote. they also have an online account which can save you a combined saving of 11% with the DDM factor. I know this as I was on the phone to them yesterday as I have been looking to change myself over the last 2 days.
    Good Luck
  • MrShrimp
    • 24th Mar 06, 9:12 PM
    • 24th Mar 06, 9:12 PM
    Thanks for all your advice!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,295Posts Today

7,697Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Mr_S_David: @MartinSLewis I don?t have a lot, but feel I?m more fortunate than a lot so hit the HAVE button, it?s not rocket science or?

• It's fascinating how some seem almost angry with me for "not defining haves and have-nots." Yet that's not the p? https://t.co/2gC22t7YAJ

• RT @melanie__King: @MartinSLewis ?Haves? to me isn?t financial or materialistic, it?s mainly about freedom of mind, not being oppressed and?

• Follow Martin