Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 19th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 3,086Posts
    • 7,467Thanks
    ska lover
    What are you doing with your Sunday?
    • 19th May 19, 12:19 PM
    What are you doing with your Sunday? 19th May 19 at 12:19 PM
    Hi all

What are you doing with your sunday?

For me:- after my coffee -
    Long soak in the tub
    Sort work clothing for tomorrow
    Cook something nice , maybe curry, for Husband who is currently mowing/strimming our lawn (nightmare job
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
Page 2
    • Claddagh_Noir
    • By Claddagh_Noir 19th May 19, 7:24 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Claddagh_Noir
    Washed some clothes, cleaned the house etc. Popped to the supermarket, got some groceries. We over did it with the supplies, even though I have a delivery coming on Wednesday, so I edited the online shopping order a bit. Made lunches and smoothies for the next couple of days.

Later on, we will have an early night and watch some horror films.
    • Finchy2018
    • By Finchy2018 19th May 19, 7:30 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    Finchy2018
    Got up and went for a run to shake off my slight Eurovision hangover. The little robot vacuum did his job on the ground floor and I did a general tidy.
    Cooked a roast.
    It's the 2nd anniversary of my dad passing so I've moped around a whole lot today.
    • Hectors House
    • By Hectors House 19th May 19, 7:32 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    Hectors House
    Iím at work until Wednesday so:

Up at 4am with client then got her settled back in bed. She got back out whilst I was climbing the stairs to my room (so I didnít hear her doing it on the baby monitor in my room).

Up at 6am to find client asleep in armchair and signs she had tried (and failed to make a cup of coffee).

Client tired and confused so sat with her and settled her (will help her bathe later when sheís more alert).

Got medication and breakfast done. Settled her again then started cooking Sunday roast.

Put two lots of wash on.

Called partner and helped him with a query about some medication he is taking.

Served lunch (client is now more alert) then washed pots.

Went round house with client watering the plants then sat and did jigsaw together.

Break started at 2pm but got interrupted cus client decided to leave the house (you need eyes in your !!!! in this job).

Client settled down so I made us a cup of coffee and we chatted.

Break over and I did some ironing.

Prepared late tea and meds for client and we are now sitting reading our books and watching the birds in the garden.

Not a bad day.
    • splishsplash
    • By splishsplash 19th May 19, 7:46 PM
    • 2,890 Posts
    • 8,208 Thanks
    splishsplash
    Played with a balloon, played a fishing game, played some football, ate blue ice-cream, went for a walk and told the time by blowing clocks, examined a building site and learned about diggers, excavators, low-loaders, backhoe loaders and the difference between a boom and a dipper arm. Didn't learn much - they all look the same to me.

Then I returned my three year old grandson to his mother, made dinner, said goodbye to my son who is heading off for a couple of weeks.

Played some more football and did a bit of colouring. Played with a balloon again and played a LOT with dinosaurs.

Handed back my grandson again, now watching tv. I really should do an hour's paperwork but meh... effort.
    I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
    • svain
    • By svain 19th May 19, 8:03 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    svain
    Sunday is a day of rest. Lie in till 10am, leisurely breakfast and catch up with reading papers, out for a pub roast lunch and afternoon chilling with TV
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

601Posts Today

5,544Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin