Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    • 3,314Posts
    • 4,665Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 6:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 6:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 27
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 19th May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 7,758 Posts
    • 9,800 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Thanks, i'll try again Monday morning on that number, incidentally where is that number to be found on Santander web pages?
    Originally posted by harz99

https://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/ContentServer?c=SANDocument_C...cid...
    You can contact the Switcher Team on 0800 085 2202. Lines are open Monday to. Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Avoiding any fees. It's a good ...
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 19-05-2019 at 1:02 PM.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 19th May 19, 1:15 PM
    • 2,865 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    harz99

https://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/ContentServer?c=SANDocument_C...cid...
    You can contact the Switcher Team on 0800 085 2202. Lines are open Monday to. Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Avoiding any fees. It's a good ...
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Yes i've seen that link on a Google search today, however going through Santander's web pages in the normal way i would as a an existing customer doesn't bring that version up, only the one that
    clearly says in a branch and doesn't have a phone number.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 19th May 19, 3:31 PM
    • 29,860 Posts
    • 18,273 Thanks
    xylophone
    Existing customers can use the switching service number in 521 above.

It is very odd that they don't allow existing customers a switch on line option.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 19th May 19, 5:41 PM
    • 2,357 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    soulsaver
    It is very odd that they don't allow existing customers a switch on line option.
    Originally posted by xylophone
    If you have the headroom, existing custoers can open an additional new c/a and switch-in in the process...
    • colsten
    • By colsten 19th May 19, 6:42 PM
    • 10,419 Posts
    • 9,612 Thanks
    colsten
    If you have the headroom, existing custoers can open an additional new c/a and switch-in in the process...
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Even if you have, you can then only switch 1 account as part of the application for the new account. We also heard from the chap who opened several new Santander accounts for this offer and had them all closed - the reasons for the closure remain a bit mysterious.

Requesting the switch(es) into an existing Santander account by phone is actually quite quick, as myself and others can testify. I do agree, however, that Santander should really offer an online switch application, not just for this offer but in general.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 19th May 19, 7:28 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    TheShape
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Even if you have, you can then only switch 1 account as part of the application for the new account. We also heard from the chap who opened several new Santander accounts for this offer and had them all closed - the reasons for the closure remain a bit mysterious.

Requesting the switch(es) into an existing Santander account by phone is actually quite quick, as myself and others can testify. I do agree, however, that Santander should really offer an online switch application, not just for this offer but in general.
    Originally posted by colsten
    As I was a bit slow in getting on with this offer I opened an additional account so that I could have two switches running at the same time. I'll then switch a further two together and then one final switch. This should get me five switches in the time it would take to make three.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 19th May 19, 8:12 PM
    • 2,236 Posts
    • 5,075 Thanks
    Zanderman
    As I was a bit slow in getting on with this offer I opened an additional account so that I could have two switches running at the same time. I'll then switch a further two together and then one final switch. This should get me five switches in the time it would take to make three.
    Originally posted by TheShape
    You can switch more than one into one account at the same time, even in the same phone call. No need to open additional accounts at all really.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 19th May 19, 8:28 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    TheShape
    You can switch more than one into one account at the same time, even in the same phone call. No need to open additional accounts at all really.
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    Why didn't I think of that

At least the extra Santander account can be lined up for a future switch.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 19th May 19, 8:36 PM
    • 30,678 Posts
    • 18,686 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Why didn't I think of that
    If you had thought of it, would you have gone ahead though? I didn't, for two reasons; firstly for fear of incurring their wrath if I was accused of abusing it, but mainly because there was no rush, despite being late to the party myself.

BTW, why limit yourself to only 5 switches?
    • harz99
    • By harz99 20th May 19, 7:38 AM
    • 2,865 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    harz99
    Well, one phone call as above, 8 minutes and 20 seconds later two MrT accounts are winging their way to Santander. So easy, IF you have the correct phone number in the first place!

Thanks to all those kind people who have posted the switch team's number 0800 085 2202.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 20th May 19, 8:25 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    TheShape
    If you had thought of it, would you have gone ahead though? I didn't, for two reasons; firstly for fear of incurring their wrath if I was accused of abusing it, but mainly because there was no rush, despite being late to the party myself.

Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    I had thought that doing one switch during an application would mean I'd only need to do 4 switches over the phone and could do them one at a time. I imagine there might be a slightly difficult conversation with the switch team member if switching 5 accounts on the same call.

I've got 5 switch codes from my girlfriend. I've also got 5 switch codes of my own which my mother and sister are sharing to make another 5 switches. I should get 10 vouchers so not a bad haul.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 21st May 19, 5:29 AM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 3,321 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    We've done ours in 2 batches of 2 switches, without them batting an eyelid. In fact they seem very clued up to the fact that people are requesting multiple switches at the same time. Except on one of my calls I got the trainee (bless him) who mumbled and fumbled his way through his script...but the switches all went through OK.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • Jakg
    • By Jakg 21st May 19, 9:11 AM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    Jakg
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    I've seen reported that Santander only allow 5 accounts open at a time.

I have 5 and tried to open the 6th and it was rejected.

The 4th & 5th were referred, but were opened after a phone call.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 21st May 19, 9:23 AM
    • 10,419 Posts
    • 9,612 Thanks
    colsten

Originally posted by Jakg
    You don't need more than 1 Santander account to make multiple switches. The only "advantage" of opening new accounts is that you can request the switch online, whilst you have to call them to request a switch into an existing account. As several people have already reported, and as I can confirm from my own experience, these calls are very quick and painless.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 21st May 19, 9:23 AM
    • 30,678 Posts
    • 18,686 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy

Originally posted by Jakg
    I'm talking about switches. You're talking about accounts.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 21st May 19, 9:55 AM
    • 2,236 Posts
    • 5,075 Thanks
    Zanderman
    For those counting the days, we've just had referrers (not switchers yet) Amazon vouchers for claims submitted on 23 and 24th April

Edit: Now (this afternoon) had two more vouchers - again both as referrers, not switchers. One submitted on 9th May, one unknown date (as it was a code given to someone else to use).

Edit 2: Switcher vouchers now (late afternoon) arrived too
    Last edited by Zanderman; 21-05-2019 at 5:02 PM. Reason: updating with progress...
    • BigBucket
    • By BigBucket 21st May 19, 10:05 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    BigBucket
    I switched on the 26th April and the referrer has received their Amazon vouchers today at 10:49am. Still waiting for mine...
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 21st May 19, 10:23 AM
    • 8,801 Posts
    • 108,150 Thanks
    karlie88
    1st May application just come through.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 21st May 19, 10:41 AM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 2,897 Thanks
    pfpf
    both 18th and 19th April have come through for both of us (as referrers). our 1st ones so relieved as we're over 30 days for those 2.

nothing for either of us as the referred but I think I read earlier in the thread these can come later on same day?

our 3rd switch date was 25/4. I am trying to work out how I can use my OH's final 2 codes

thanks everyone.
    My avatar is my life.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 21st May 19, 10:56 AM
    • 1,290 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    So, I have an account already, if I start a switch today can I still use a referral code supplied?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,357Users online

Martin's Twitter