Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lona43
    • By lona43 19th May 19, 11:42 AM
    • 41Posts
    • 84Thanks
    lona43
    Barclaycard Platinun
    • 19th May 19, 11:42 AM
    Barclaycard Platinun 19th May 19 at 11:42 AM
    I understand your problem. Both my husband and I have Barclay Cards. My card gives reward points and hubby's is a Platinum Card which I assumed would have better rewards than mine.
    When I saw Martin on This Morning recommending the new Platinum Plus card with cash back I contacted Barclaycard by phone and asked for both cards to be updated to the new card. I was told this could not be done as it is not available to anyone who already have a Barclay Card.
    I also found out from the customer service agent that the Platinum Card gives no rewards whatsoever. They upgraded hubby's card to the reward card but I will be seeking a new credit card as I feel Barclay have not been honest with their customers.
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 19th May 19, 12:21 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 3,038 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 19th May 19, 12:21 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:21 PM
    I understand your problem. Both my husband and I have Barclay Cards. My card gives reward points and hubby's is a Platinum Card which I assumed would have better rewards than mine.
    When I saw Martin on This Morning recommending the new Platinum Plus card with cash back I contacted Barclaycard by phone and asked for both cards to be updated to the new card. I was told this could not be done as it is not available to anyone who already have a Barclay Card.
    I also found out from the customer service agent that the Platinum Card gives no rewards whatsoever. They upgraded hubby's card to the reward card but I will be seeking a new credit card as I feel Barclay have not been honest with their customers.
    Originally posted by lona43

How have they been dishonest?

Platinum cards have never offered rewards - they offer better purchase and BT rates.

Only the Freedom Rewards card has reward points and the new Platinum Plus Cashback card provides cashback but only until a set date - itís not a permanent offering.

Itís clear on Barclays website (and other literature) you can only hold one Barclaycard and can only reapply after 6 months of closing a previous card.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    Platinum cards have never offered rewards
    Ours does - I'm the additional cardholder on 'er indoors account.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-cashback-plus
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 19th May 19, 6:01 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 3,038 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 19th May 19, 6:01 PM
    • 19th May 19, 6:01 PM
    I put that in my reply
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 20th May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 969 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 20th May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 20th May 19, 7:39 AM
    It was the "never" reference that rattled my cage.

Apologies.
    Last edited by NoodleDoodleMan; 20-05-2019 at 2:33 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,361Posts Today

5,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin