Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 2:54 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    Missing money from account
    • 19th May 19, 2:54 PM
    Missing money from account 19th May 19 at 2:54 PM
    Hi I could really use some help/advice

I have a bank account with cash plus the balance yesterday when I checked was correct Iíve gone on today and the account has £2000 less than it did

No transaction showing this money going out of the account nothing it has literally just disappeared.. any one ever experienced anything like this I thought at fraud would show it being removed but it has no trace the £2000 has just gone with no evidence off how or where
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 19th May 19, 2:57 PM
    • 22,397 Posts
    • 24,525 Thanks
    zx81
    • 19th May 19, 2:57 PM
    • 19th May 19, 2:57 PM
    Contact your bank.
    • comeandgo
    • By comeandgo 19th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 2,591 Posts
    • 3,515 Thanks
    comeandgo
    • 19th May 19, 3:02 PM
    • 19th May 19, 3:02 PM
    The balance could be adjusted for a payment due out tomorrow.
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 3:13 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    • 19th May 19, 3:13 PM
    • 19th May 19, 3:13 PM
    That’s what I initially thought but No payments go out of this account I use it mainly for putting money into

I’ve tried but being Sunday they are closed!
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 19th May 19, 3:47 PM
    • 1,459 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 19th May 19, 3:47 PM
    • 19th May 19, 3:47 PM
    Sounds a bit fishy.

Is there some money in the account? Are you looking at the cleared balance or the available balance? Do you have any pending transactions totalling £2000? - just wondering whether anyone has used your debit card fraudulently and the transactions have yet to clear.

When you scroll back through the dates, what deposits do you see and what end balances appear?

If there is no record of any withdrawals totalling £2000 then there must be some deposits missing for the balance to be less than it should be.

Do you recognise any of the activity on the account as being yours?

Banks do have problems occasionally and I have heard tell of people seeing other people's accounts when they log in. So, is the account number/name correct when you log in - could you be seeing someone else's account?

We can all theorise but only your bank can actually tell you what's gone on - if anything.
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 19th May 19, 3:54 PM
    • 1,459 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 19th May 19, 3:54 PM
    • 19th May 19, 3:54 PM
    Thatís what I initially thought but No payments go out of this account I use it mainly for putting money into
    Originally posted by Jessicawalsh9
    Just a bit concerned about what you wrote here. Why would you initially think that the balance was adjusted for a payment going out tomorrow? Surely you would know if a £2000 payment was due out tomorrow (and it would show in the account detail anyway) and, as you state you use it mainly for paying into then entertaining the thought that it could be due to a genuine payment due out soon doesn't sound logical.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 19th May 19, 4:03 PM
    • 4,521 Posts
    • 4,100 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 19th May 19, 4:03 PM
    • 19th May 19, 4:03 PM
    And what bank doesn't have the facility to speak to someone atcthe weekend?
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 19th May 19, 4:04 PM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    18cc
    • 19th May 19, 4:04 PM
    • 19th May 19, 4:04 PM
    Which banks' telephone banking services are closed Sundays? Or di you mean the fraud dept is closed at weekends.
    • d123
    • By d123 19th May 19, 4:10 PM
    • 7,813 Posts
    • 5,114 Thanks
    d123
    • 19th May 19, 4:10 PM
    • 19th May 19, 4:10 PM
    And what bank doesn't have the facility to speak to someone atcthe weekend?
    Originally posted by BoGoF
    Which banks' telephone banking services are closed Sundays? Or di you mean the fraud dept is closed at weekends.
    Originally posted by 18cc
    I guess because itís not actually a bank the OP is referring to.

I have a bank account with cash plus
    Weíre available by phone Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8pm, and Saturday from 8am to 4pm. Calls may be recorded.
    https://www.cashplus.com/contact/
    ====
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 4:21 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    D123 Thank you! Never expected replies like the two previous to you!

Yes itís a cash plus bank account so they arenít open on sundays?

Terry yes well with £2000 missing no trace I felt it was necessary to check every possibility so I went through all my things going out even ones from other banks just to ensure that some where my lines hadnít been crossed and I hadnít authorised it to be taken from this account
    Sorry if my logic doesnít match yours as a young 20 something whoís worked hard to save and then find £2000 from saving just disappeared itís rather upsetting hence the thread asking for help
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 4:22 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    * three previous
    • colsten
    • By colsten 19th May 19, 4:32 PM
    • 10,398 Posts
    • 9,597 Thanks
    colsten
    Once you have solved the mystery of the missing money, will you come back please and tell us why you would use Cashplus as a savings account? AFAICS, they don't pay interest and almost all transactions come with a charge attached.
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    The account is showing as mine everything exactly right transactions etc except my balance is £2000 below what it was the account still has money in, hasn’t been completely wiped.

Nothing is due to come out I’ve tripled checked and there is no transaction or trace of the £2000

A few months ago I had two Uber transactions show up only for a small amount but I rang it was dealt with by the bank the money placed back into my account and a new card sent out
    I was told It was fraud and a form of fishing but reassured the new card meant that it wouldn’t be possible for them ( who ever was doing the fraud) to access my account again
    Now I’m worried this is connected

I’ve looked into cashplus more today since this happening and have found really bad reviews I never new about before
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 4:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    Colsten why do you feel the need to post something so unhelpful and negative to someone who’s clearly distressed currently?
    I hope you have a wonderful day that’s filled with happiness and that in future if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

I am young I have no financial expertise maybe if schools taught financial education my generation would have a better understanding of money and the world of finance.

As your so interested in why I have this account I have a cash plus account as it was recommended to me in order to help boost my credit score as you a pay monthly fee for the account for people who have never had credit it helps for the future! If you make the payments that it is

Also I do have a savings account but held money in this account because purely I wanted to

You do not pay a charge on transactions only a £2 fee at atms which I do not use I rely solely on my card for transactions so this does not affect me

So colsten why not be on here trying to offer help instead of criticising and post remarks that are not called for
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 19th May 19, 5:00 PM
    • 4,686 Posts
    • 3,056 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Oh dear.

Who advised you to take a cash plus account to boost a fictitious credit score?

A credit card or a SIM-Only phone contract is a much better option for improving your credit HISTORY.
    Not the ficticious score or rating
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 19th May 19, 5:54 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 4,941 Thanks
    sheramber
    Have you checked the record of deposits made?

If there is less money in the account then some transactions must have disappeared
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th May 19, 5:58 PM
    • 34,389 Posts
    • 21,739 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Colsten why do you feel the need to post something so unhelpful and negative to someone who’s clearly distressed currently?
    I hope you have a wonderful day that’s filled with happiness and that in future if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

I am young I have no financial expertise maybe if schools taught financial education my generation would have a better understanding of money and the world of finance.

As your so interested in why I have this account I have a cash plus account as it was recommended to me in order to help boost my credit score as you a pay monthly fee for the account for people who have never had credit it helps for the future! If you make the payments that it is

Also I do have a savings account but held money in this account because purely I wanted to

You do not pay a charge on transactions only a £2 fee at atms which I do not use I rely solely on my card for transactions so this does not affect me

So colsten why not be on here trying to offer help instead of criticising and post remarks that are not called for

Nothing wrong with the reply from Colsten. A question was purely asked.

Id ditch the cash plus card and get an account setup with a high street bank
    • societys child
    • By societys child 19th May 19, 6:33 PM
    • 6,165 Posts
    • 7,140 Thanks
    societys child

Good heavens, what financial education do you think previous generations had? Somehow they managed.

• Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 6:36 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    I don’t recall stating that previous generations had been given financial education?

Why not take you middle aged bullying else where

Again I hope you have a great day filled with kindness and that you move forward with that kindness and pay it forward into the world
    • Jessicawalsh9
    • By Jessicawalsh9 19th May 19, 6:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jessicawalsh9
    Dcfc79

Was it helpful or did it offer any advise for the situation I stated? No it was a sour reply with a nasty remark maybe you enjoy bullying people online and maybe thatís whatís wrong with the world Iím sure youíve all heard of you donít have anything nice to say donít say anything at all? this applies here and maybe if people like the ones replying nastily to this thread applied to their own lives it just might make the world a nicer place
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,603Posts Today

8,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• RT @justinbones: Just looking at how the bad weather may be impacting business and the economy. Thankfully someone has already looked at th?

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @EmmaBarnett from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin