Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aayush
    • By aayush 19th May 19, 10:06 AM
    • 826Posts
    • 29Thanks
    aayush
    cAR iNSURANCE RENEWAL
    • 19th May 19, 10:06 AM
    cAR iNSURANCE RENEWAL 19th May 19 at 10:06 AM
    Hi
    My above is due in a few weeks s asked the present one if can pay installments advised interest charged but if apply via app get monthly
    not sure if I should get break down with them or go get separately
    as am looking around and see the green flag as best one about?

As my car is now 3 yrs old also need to ask will need to get MOT done this year or next year?

Await your response
Page 1
    • alfie1950
    • By alfie1950 19th May 19, 10:15 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    alfie1950
    • 19th May 19, 10:15 AM
    You need to get an mot done within 3 years from its registration date.
    I wouldn't bother about breakdown reviews....they're all good at times but in bad weather and busy days you can wait for hours with any recovery service.
    I obviously don't know which insurer your with but I have always had the option to pay monthly and you nearly always have to pay interest...after all it is a credit agreement. Usually it is only new/ high risk / poor credit history drivers that have to pay the year upfront.
    If you want to pay monthly don't get too focussed on having to pay interest...you may find that a company that offer interest free payments actually have dearer premiums.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th May 19, 10:15 AM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,534 Thanks
    Quentin
    If it's over 3 years old then you risk a fixed penalty if it's on the road with no mot
    • aayush
    • By aayush 19th May 19, 10:20 AM
    • 826 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    aayush
    • 19th May 19, 10:20 AM
    • 19th May 19, 10:20 AM
    You need to get an mot done within 3 years from its registration date.
    I wouldn't bother about breakdown reviews....they're all good at times but in bad weather and busy days you can wait for hours with any recovery service.
    I obviously don't know which insurer your with but I have always had the option to pay monthly and you nearly always have to pay interest...after all it is a credit agreement. Usually it is only new/ high risk / poor credit history drivers that have to pay the year upfront.
    If you want to pay monthly don't get too focussed on having to pay interest...you may find that a company that offer interest free payments actually have dearer premiums.
    Originally posted by alfie1950
    Aviva is my present ins
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,690Posts Today

5,979Users online

Martin's Twitter