Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eonskispeed
    • By eonskispeed 19th May 19, 7:28 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 3Thanks
    eonskispeed
    BT off supply.
    • 19th May 19, 7:28 AM
    BT off supply. 19th May 19 at 7:28 AM
    Hi everyone,

Been off supply with no internet with BT since the 3rd May. Reported on 6th May as was away for the weekend. Engineer arrived on the 10th of May and confirmed the fault is with their network and they need to remedy this by digging up the road outside my property as that's where the issue seems to be. The specific area was marked and they left.

I have an open complaint with BT who have been severely lacking in returning calls or providing an update. When I called on the 14th May they spoke to Openreach who incorrectly told them the fault had been rectified and cleared and my line was fine. This is far from the case, still without internet and the marked site has had absolutely no work carried out on it. I believe they're getting confused with other work that was being carried out further down the road with what I assume would've been a different job number allocated.

Couple of questions - complaint has been open since the 6th but have been promised call backs multiple times that don't arrive - is it the usual 8 week process before referring it to the regulator?

In regards to compensation surrounding the 8 a day for being off supply, my understanding is this kicks in 2 working days after the fault is reported and not rectified however the customer service line told me it applies from the date the fault is reported which would be the 6th May does this sound correct?

Finally would I be right in worrying about Openreach having marked the fault as fixed that would affect the compensation I'm entitled to. All seems a bit messy with very little help from BT.

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • eonskispeed
    • By eonskispeed 19th May 19, 7:47 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eonskispeed
    • 19th May 19, 7:47 AM
    • 19th May 19, 7:47 AM
    Upon further investigation, the compensation does kick in two working days after the fault is reported so a bit of misinformation from the call centre. Still unsure as to whether the money per day is every working day or includes weekends. Just hoping that with Openreach being confused in relation to what job it is, that they haven't closed the fault affecting the automatic compensation. Time will tell. Contract up in July though so time to start shopping ��
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 19th May 19, 8:28 AM
    • 12,608 Posts
    • 5,678 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 19th May 19, 8:28 AM
    • 19th May 19, 8:28 AM
    Dont forget your potential move will be to the same OpenReach .
    If they are digging then that can take a couple of months to sort .
    • Croft12
    • By Croft12 19th May 19, 8:47 AM
    • 136 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Croft12
    • 19th May 19, 8:47 AM
    • 19th May 19, 8:47 AM
    Upon further investigation, the compensation does kick in two working days after the fault is reported so a bit of misinformation from the call centre. Still unsure as to whether the money per day is every working day or includes weekends. Just hoping that with Openreach being confused in relation to what job it is, that they haven't closed the fault affecting the automatic compensation. Time will tell. Contract up in July though so time to start shopping ��
    Originally posted by eonskispeed

Just keep a record but you won't get any comp until its fixed. Their system will tell them its faulty if they run a check. Use the fault as a negotiation advantage when you renew.
    • eonskispeed
    • By eonskispeed 19th May 19, 8:56 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eonskispeed
    • 19th May 19, 8:56 AM
    • 19th May 19, 8:56 AM
    Thanks very much. Will be on the phone to the complaints team later today. House is set up for VM so probably end up switching to them for BB. No termination fees if fault remains unresolved after 30 days as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,212Posts Today

8,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin