PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Looking for a new vacuum cleaner

124»

Comments

• I have an Argos Value one, an earlier version of this one:
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7344745
    It's fab. Had it about 5 years and still going strong. Mine was £35.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • such a great platform, thanks all
  • unindexed
    unindexed Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2019 at 10:49AM
    well as far as I can see that's a load of Chinese plastic junk !!

upright Sebo X4 something like that. German engineering yes its a bagged cleaner but it will take punishment for years. look up reviews

cylinder look for numatic everyone has seen them with the eyes stuck on them henry and other names etc. very tough little units
    IT is one the most growing industry to work in
  • Iv gone through most brands including Vax and Dyson.

Recently bought a shark lift away. Im not usually loyal to brands but il never buy another brand again. Fairly priced and it’s performance is miles better than my mums Dysons, actually makes my carpet look newer. It all clips together so easily and emptying after every use is really quick and easy. It handles amazingly and even has a headlight!

Like somebody once said to me. ‘Once you’ve bought a shark, you become a shark salesman to your friends and family’.
  • Sebo , we've had it for more years than I can remember. Initial output was expensive but all parts can be purchased and replaced. We chose it over a dyson which was a new and expensive innovation. So glad we did. Although dysons are now consirably cheaper than they were, I'm sure my sister is on to her third, in the time we've had our sebo.

Sebo without a doubt for us, we have two, our first is 25 years old and now does all our outside hoovering (we have artificial grass) our current one is 10 years old and still works as new. Replaced hose on 25 year old one, but no repairs, not had to replace or repair anything on the 10 year old one. Would only buy Sebo now. We have three Labrador dogs, children have left home, bought first one when eldest was 6 months old! Can’t do better than that in my book.
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Henry is fine. It has a very long lead, is powerful and as tough as old boots. The bags can be quite economical as long as you buy them online (£2 to £5 a year should cover you).
  • Mistral001 wrote: »
    Henry is fine. It has a very long lead, is powerful and as tough as old boots. The bags can be quite economical as long as you buy them online (£2 to £5 a year should cover you).
    And you don't get a face full of dust when you try to empty it.
  • I just bought a house full of Mohawk Smart Strand silk carpeting. They tell me I need a suction only vacuum or one with big wheels, an adjustment to raise or disengage the beater bar, CRI approved, and suction that won’t pull the carpet deep into the machine. What is your recommendation so I will be sure my warranty won’t be impacted?
    Thanks for all your info.
  • Need some updated info on the same topic.
    I'm looking for the best vac for hard floors, but need it to deal with carpets as well
    I like steam option, impressed with videos and articles
    Can anyone give any feedback on Bissell vacs?
    Bissel seems to be a reliable company
    P.S. Is it better to start a new thread?
    We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
  • Being an asthmatic person you should go for a bagged vacuum with true Hepa filter. The Miele Complete C3 would be a great option to consider in your price range. It's a German made vacuum that comes with Hepa filter and self-sealing bag that works against allergens.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback