Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 6th Aug 18, 7:34 PM
    • 4,090Posts
    • 2,197Thanks
    ballyblack
    Fishtext...international text service closing
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:34 PM
    Fishtext...international text service closing 6th Aug 18 at 7:34 PM
    Looks like another victim to free Whatsapp messaging and similar services

Hey FishText User,

It!s a sad day for us as we announce that we will soon be closing FishText. We've loved helping you send low cost SMS to all corners of the globe, and thank you for your loyalty over the years, but unfortunately it;s time for FishText to set sail...

From today, Monday 6th August 2018, you won't be able to make any new payments to your FishText account, and new signups will also be disabled.

You!!!;ll be able to log into your account for the next month to send messages and use up your credit balance, so there!!s still time to squeeze in some last farewell messages to your FishText friends!
Page 2
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 1st Sep 18, 9:41 AM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 2,197 Thanks
    ballyblack
    could i check that texts sent with the tesco app do appear to come from my usual mobile number?
    ........................yes!
    • Goldcrypto
    • By Goldcrypto 1st Sep 18, 12:13 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Goldcrypto

I haven't used things like WhatsApp; is this worth exploring?
    Originally posted by redux
    As already mentioned others needs to have Whatsapp installed as an app and even then someone can have private settings on if making contact for first time so can not add them or find them. Fine for friends and colleagues already added, but otherwise...Also is less used in Asia where Wechat is more common - comparable app to Whatsapp but even more useful (also same downfall that both need app installed to use), more features including to pay for items etc. SMS text is still needed, for now.

Thanks for your advice, Goldcrypto. Before I do that, could I check that texts sent with the Tesco App do appear to come from my usual mobile number?
    Originally posted by southcambssaver
    Yes works exact same way. User receives from your linked mobile, just like Fishtext. I actually found the Tesco International calling App actually sends almost instantly - faster than Fishtext that sometimes had a slight delay. Also, with Fishtext messages sent would not be nicely organised to each sender (they are just all bulked together ordered by date sent), compared to the Tesco app they appear nicely linked to each sender number - just like they do arranged on your mobile for SMS.
    Last edited by Goldcrypto; 01-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    'Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway'

W Buffett
    • andrewbarrett83
    • By andrewbarrett83 2nd Oct 18, 7:22 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    andrewbarrett83
    Has anyone received their refund yet? Emailed them the day after and still no response... Sent chaser emailer today...
    • mclarkie
    • By mclarkie 2nd Oct 18, 7:43 AM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 1,113,757 Thanks
    mclarkie
    Has anyone received their refund yet? Emailed them the day after and still no response... Sent chaser emailer today...
    Originally posted by andrewbarrett83

Nothing yet, the last email I had was to ask for my account details on the 21st Sep
    • Sisqoboy
    • By Sisqoboy 19th Dec 18, 9:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sisqoboy
    Thanks, for sharing. Just noticed now they closed the business
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 20th Dec 18, 8:53 AM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 2,197 Thanks
    ballyblack
    Originally posted by andrewbarrett83
    Received my refund on 23rd Nov 2018
    • redux
    • By redux 18th May 19, 3:43 PM
    • 19,303 Posts
    • 26,496 Thanks
    redux
    I just started a fourth round of reminding CLX I'd like a refund of the Fishtext credit.

(Sept, Dec, Feb, today)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin