Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikiya
    • By Nikiya 17th May 19, 10:03 AM
    • 511Posts
    • 437Thanks
    Nikiya
    Energylinx not paying the promised cashback. Beware!!!
    • 17th May 19, 10:03 AM
    Energylinx not paying the promised cashback. Beware!!! 17th May 19 at 10:03 AM
    In March I switched suppliers through Energylinx. I had not used them before, but they were recommended by a member.
    Their results were not different from others but since they offered a slightly higher cashback I decided to go through them. That was a mistake. I have been claiming my cashback since then and have not received anything yet.
    Firstly they told me I needed to provide them with my bank details. This is the first time I need to claim and provide details. Usually the cashback is automatic.
    I did.
    Since nothing happened I wrote back and they told me they needed proof I HAD switched. Again, this was a first.
    I forwarded the letter from SoEnergy welcoming me and telling me I was being supplied.
    They told me they still needed the first bill, which I sent on April 18. On April 30 they apologised for the delay and told me my cashback would be paid in five business days. It is still not there. I have just written to them again but honestly they are not worth the trouble. They have now cost me more time and effort than any other site and I still do not know if I am going to be paid.
Page 1
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 17th May 19, 11:50 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    • 17th May 19, 11:50 AM
    Energylinx have always paid out for us
    • 17th May 19, 11:50 AM
    In March I switched suppliers through Energylinx. I had not used them before, but they were recommended by a member.
    Their results were not different from others but since they offered a slightly higher cashback I decided to go through them. That was a mistake. I have been claiming my cashback since then and have not received anything yet.
    Firstly they told me I needed to provide them with my bank details. This is the first time I need to claim and provide details. Usually the cashback is automatic.
    I did.
    Since nothing happened I wrote back and they told me they needed proof I HAD switched. Again, this was a first.
    I forwarded the letter from SoEnergy welcoming me and telling me I was being supplied.
    They told me they still needed the first bill, which I sent on April 18. On April 30 they apologised for the delay and told me my cashback would be paid in five business days. It is still not there. I have just written to them again but honestly they are not worth the trouble. They have now cost me more time and effort than any other site and I still do not know if I am going to be paid.
    Originally posted by Nikiya
    You can only earn cashback from Energylinx if you go via their special cashback link

https://www.energylinx.co.uk/cashback/

We have used this a number of times over the years, followed the terms and conditions, and always received our cashback very promptly once the switch was complete - no need to wait months and months as some sites make you wait
    But it is not paid automatically - you need to claim it as desbribed on the website

The instructions of how to claim the offer given on the appropriate webpage. I'm sorry you appear to have missed that and so failed to follow the instructions.

As this sites says, cashback is not guaranteed until it is paid into your bank account. But they have always paid us out having followed their claim procedure.
    • Nikiya
    • By Nikiya 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    Nikiya
    • 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    • 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    Well I have followed the procedure as described in my mail and they did receive all relevant information long ago, as their replies prove.
    The last communication from them says I'll have the payment by EOD yesterday. But it is still not there (it might need some more time to post though).
    I cannot remember how I accessed the site when I used it. It was more than two months ago. As with other comparison sites, cashback was offered for some companies and not for others. There were no instructions as to how to get it if you were entitled.
    In any case, my experience with them has been pretty poor and I believe it would be useful for others to know what might happen.
    I have been using comparison sites with or without cashback, for many years and this is the first time I've had this problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,662Posts Today

7,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Today's Twitter Poll: How do you view nuclear power? Is it an environmentally friendly form of clean renewable ene? https://t.co/WE5pRJ1Jsx

• So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Follow Martin