Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

1128129130131132134»

Comments

• JInSuffolk
    JInSuffolk Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Vodafone refusing to deal with billing issue as they
    "'Cannot look into the issue due to the complexity of it and the numbers of teams and systems involved."

Apparently my billing is spread over three systems that only one team has access to each one, so to analyse the problem is very tough as nobody has access to all the systems they need to see in order to understand the full problem.

But They are still asking me to pay the incorrect bills anyway and threatening to damage my credit rating if I do not pay an outstanding balance which is the result of said billing issue.
  • fpereira
    fpereira Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,

I would like to voice my grievance in reporting a complaint on Vodafone helpline 191 when I was asked by the store representative to call 191 for change in my Date of Birth details.

When we said we were told to call 191 to change the above, Vodafone responded by stating we need to go to a store which we are willing to do so. We did want to report so the person who advised us at the store should have been trained which they did not want to raise as a complaint. Interesting indeed.

Francis
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2019 at 5:45PM
    fpereira wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to voice my grievance in reporting a complaint on Vodafone helpline 191 when I was asked by the store representative to call 191 for change in my Date of Birth details.

When we said we were told to call 191 to change the above, Vodafone responded by stating we need to go to a store which we are willing to do so. We did want to report so the person who advised us at the store should have been trained which they did not want to raise as a complaint. Interesting indeed.

Francis

Vodafone staff are extremely well trained. They are versed most carefully in 1) How to fob people off 2) Giving misinformation 3) Making promises they have no intention of keeping 4) Passing you around from one person and/or department to another 5) Making it impossible to speak with a manager 6) Persuading people to buy what they don't need and then ensuring that what they bought isn't what they get. Higher levels of achievement are the equivalent of a Masters degree and involve maladministration and utter incompetence at the highest levels. Special awards are given for treating customers with complete contempt and producing the funniest stories of customer misery at the Christmas party.

Your experience is only the first stage. Making a complaint (if you break through the stone walls erected to prevent that) merely opens the door into more hours of endless fun playing pass the parcel, hide and seek and charades.
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 16 April 2019 at 8:12AM
    I see you found the Vodafone complaints thread.

You could actually read this thread (i.e. that's what it's for) and follow the instructions accordingly. They are repeated oft, though I haven't seen any signs of life from the WRT for quite some time. Apart from that, the answer's the same:-

1) Sue IF you have real proof (Vodafone said this or that isn't proof - they lie).

2) Check your bank statements at least monthly (I have my own business, have 5 current accounts and loads of credit cards and check the main one daily and the rest at least monthly).

3) Get a decent accountant if you can't do it yourself.
  • Hello there.
    Has anyone else had similar problems?
    I phoned up Vodafone in December 2016 to cancel my contract and ask for a settlement figure. Despite repeated requests for that figure, the call handler seemed reluctant to give me the actual figure to be able to cancel the contract.
    After over an hour of wrangling on the phone, I was given a settlement figure which I then dually paid.
    The contract had been cancelled and the money taken out of my bank.

In April 2019, I received an email out of the blue, suggesting I somehow owed money.
    I thought this was a scam, so ignored it.
    I am now being chased for debt by Zinc on behalf of Vodafone. It is completely unlawful and I have spoken to BBC's watchdog, who has taken a keen interest in this case.

If you have suffered similar problems, please get in contact with BBC watchdog and I advise anyone else to avoid taking out a contract with Vodafone.
  • chekov99
    chekov99 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi guys, I recently received a credit from Vodafone for an aged historic account. I'm concerned why my info was still on their systems and did a bit of digging and found this thread.

I'm aware there is a email form that can be completed to deal with this matter, but I'd like to this in writing.

Can you please offer any comments on the effectiveness of this letter (in italics) before I send?

Thank you

Dear Sir or Madam,

Historic accounts

I refer to the attached email received from Vodafone on XX MMM 2019 which notes a credit to my account with Vodafone. While obviously, great news that you are sending me money, I ended all contract arrangements with Vodafone in 201X [around 4 years ago] and am concerned that you still have all my information on file and are making transactions still and acting as if my accounts are still active.

I carried out further research on why Vodafone might be crediting accounts that are historic and found this press article [https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/may/18/vodafone-account-closed-credit-rating-default I'm going to print this out]. I am concerned now that my accounts have not been closed properly and you may be recording default against my credit record in the UK.

Could you therefore confirm that all my accounts are closed. I have included all numbers that I am aware I held with Vodafone:

+44 XXXX XXX XXX
    +44 XXXX XXX XXX
    +49 XXXXX XXX XXX
    +44 XXXX XXX XXX

Also; the addresses I may have held with Vodafone are as below:

Jingford Gardens, Walmsley WA5 8DD, United Kingdom
    C/o Mustermann, Dresden, Germany

Please confirm that all accounts are closed.

I would like responses in writing only.

Yours faithfully

John Smith
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Vodafone rep has not replied in ages

You are wasting your time
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mobilejunkie
    It seems Vodafone have got round to chopping off the only part of their organisation which gave a damn.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'm closing the thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income