Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claireodonnell
    • By claireodonnell 16th May 19, 2:14 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    claireodonnell
    EON - Missinforming me
    • 16th May 19, 2:14 PM
    EON - Missinforming me 16th May 19 at 2:14 PM
    Hi,

OK I'll try and keep this quick.
    We are with EON, upgraded to a smart meter 05/03/2019. Paid my bill till 19/02/2019. I asked the advisor if I could call before my next bill was due if I could pay the old tariff between 19 feb - 5th march so when my next bill came it was just what was on the smart meter. I was told yes you can do this.
    Two weeks later, I spoke to three different advisors who all told me I didn't owe anything and my next bill would be dated from 5th March. I even argued that I had an amount from 19th feb - 5th march and 3 times I was told no you don't
    Lo and behold my bill came it started from 19th Feb! I have called and told them I am not prepared to pay this. Am I right to do this seeing as they told me I didn't owe anything?
    I won't even get started on the fact my bill was 41 more than what the smart meter said!!! (oh smart meter is just a rough estimate(!))
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 16th May 19, 2:26 PM
    • 12,552 Posts
    • 5,653 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 16th May 19, 2:26 PM
    • 16th May 19, 2:26 PM
    No you are not RIGHT .
    They have made a mistake but if it was the other way round you would expect them to pay you.
    Dont pay and they could trash your credit record for six years and involve debt collectors .
    You can certainly complain via letter to head office.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 17th May 19, 9:00 AM
    • 17th May 19, 9:00 AM
    Good morning claireodonnell and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like when you called there was nothing to pay at that time as the bill hadn't been produced yet.

I'm sorry if our advisors gave you some incorrect information, the bill will run from one date to the next. So if you paid in full up to 19th Feb, the next bill will be from that date.

Do you have an online account? That way you can pop your reads in and produce a real time bill or balance, you can also make payments on there.

As JJ Egan says, if you're unhappy about what you were told on the phone, please contact us to raise a complaint.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Talldave
    • By Talldave 17th May 19, 9:47 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Talldave
    • 17th May 19, 9:47 AM
    • 17th May 19, 9:47 AM
    Is the fitting of a smart meter linked to a change in tariff? It sounds like you're billed once a month. Any change in tariff mid month would mean the bill is split into two calculations with an estimated reading for the changeover day - best approach is to give readings on a tariff change day.

What tariff were you on? What tariff did you change to, and on what date?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,555Posts Today

8,094Users online

Martin's Twitter