Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 4th Jan 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2,430Posts
    • 4,792Thanks
    dlusman
    0 WOW
    PoundStretchers bargains
    • 4th Jan 17, 12:07 PM
    0 WOW
    PoundStretchers bargains 4th Jan 17 at 12:07 PM
    25p for 500ml bottles

"Regular" Pepsi
    Coke Life
    Lucozade Zero calorie Orange

May be more , but these were the ones I noticed/bought
Page 4
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 6th Mar 19, 12:17 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Aldiva - Viamio wafer biscuits 20p for pack of 3 (105g)
    Dark chocolate coated wafer with cocoa cream.

My dad likes them and says they remind him of 'Blue Riband' with dark chocolate.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 6th Mar 19, 1:41 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Thanks for that I love Blue Riband with a cup of tea and dark chocolate on it sounds yummy,on a side note here in Sheffield we had a new cheapy shop open on a retail park called Bargain Buys,checked it out,it was all nice and light and new but somehow seemed familiar,I put a coat on this morning for a wet dog walk and found a receipt from there in the pocket which said Poundstretcher trading as Bargain Buys.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 6th Mar 19, 6:44 PM
    • 29,262 Posts
    • 62,086 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Aldiva - Viamio wafer biscuits 20p for pack of 3 (105g)
    Dark chocolate coated wafer with cocoa cream.

My dad likes them and says they remind him of 'Blue Riband' with dark chocolate.
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store). They do indeed taste just like Blue Riband and I'm no fan of dark chocolate. I bought a couple of packets and served them with a pot of tea one afternoon. Mum initially wasn't impressed at my choice (she really hates dark chocolate) but somehow scoffed two in a row without complaint

I went back the next week and bought an outer of 24 . The only thing I would warn about is that some are a touch crumbly at the ends, and if not stored in a fridge, the chocolate tends to stick to the inside wrapper.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 6th Mar 19, 9:13 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 4,792 Thanks
    dlusman
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store).
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 6th Mar 19, 9:29 PM
    • 6,956 Posts
    • 19,807 Thanks
    Doc N
    Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals
    Originally posted by dlusman
    And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 7th Mar 19, 7:16 AM
    • 29,262 Posts
    • 62,086 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    I like them, but appreciate taste is down to the individual.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 8th Mar 19, 7:49 PM
    • 2,430 Posts
    • 4,792 Thanks
    dlusman
    Originally posted by Doc N

Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 9th Mar 19, 7:48 AM
    • 6,956 Posts
    • 19,807 Thanks
    Doc N
    Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies
    Originally posted by dlusman
    Leave them a few weeks (not that difficult!) and they're stronger (and more difficult to eat) than real wagon wheels!
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 9th Mar 19, 10:10 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Went in today Duncan got these and quite nice with a cuppa good doggie.

rs5 0 60 mph
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 9th Mar 19, 8:12 PM
    • 29,262 Posts
    • 62,086 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    ^^Them's the ones. Perfectly edible.

• PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 10th Mar 19, 10:01 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    She who must be obeyed just tried one with a coffee which turned into 2 she asked how much they were I said 20p which turned into 3 and a quick I’ll take a packet to work
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 10th Mar 19, 10:17 AM
    • 29,262 Posts
    • 62,086 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    She who must be obeyed just tried one with a coffee which turned into 2 she asked how much they were I said 20p which turned into 3 and a quick I’ll take a packet to work
    Originally posted by PLRFD
    That will last her a full day, then

• peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 29th Mar 19, 8:55 AM
    • 769 Posts
    • 1,094 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Best buys this week.....bought vegetable storage bag for 50p. Seem well made, double thickness cotton, draw string top and a zip in the side. 4 designs to choose from.
    And, THE PINK STUFF, multi use cleaner. Not sure if I paid 59p or 69p. It comes as a tub, in my store they were at the till, they sell very quickly.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 29th Mar 19, 9:38 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Brut deodorant in various flavours including the hard to find musk,£1:49 it’s on eBay at around £6.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 24th Apr 19, 7:46 AM
    • 396 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Sugar @ 45p/kilo just in time for making rhubarb jam
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 24th Apr 19, 8:03 AM
    • 4,324 Posts
    • 29,765 Thanks
    tessie bear
    our local had big panettone in for a £1 looks nice havent tried it yet
    onwards and upwards
    • Kernow666
    • By Kernow666 15th May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    Kernow666
    popped in yesterday and got some out of date bargains

5pk Maggi noodles 10p
    Heinz tomato & chorizo soup 10p
    Heinz tomato passata 5p
    Kraft 1000 island dressing 10p
    blue dragon rice vinegar 10p
    Amoy sweet & sour meal kit 50p
    Pepsi with ginger 500ml 15p

also got some in-date items

3x400g chopped tomato 69p
    Nesquick chocolate milkshake powder £1
    Canderel jar 95p
    Bullseye BBQ sauce 39p
    Helmanns burger sauce 29p
    Heinz mustard squeezy bottle 49p ( date 31-5-19 )
    Lux shower foam 69p
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
    • Nile
    • By Nile 16th May 19, 9:00 AM
    • 14,408 Posts
    • 14,379 Thanks
    Nile
    Chewing gum (Trident) sugar free strawberry flavour - 4 packs of 5 sticks (20 pieces) for 10p.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 25th May 19, 9:15 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Duerr’s smooth tangy lemon conserve which I’ve not seen before and Duerr’s traditional thick cut Seville marmalade 89p.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 28th May 19, 9:31 AM
    • 814 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    PLRFD
    I’ve just tried the lemon on toast it is lovely a bit like a grown up lemon curd.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

656Posts Today

5,527Users online

Martin's Twitter