Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 14th May 19, 3:37 PM
    • 245Posts
    • 61Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    Virgin Mobile customers hit by outage - MSE News
    • 14th May 19, 3:37 PM
    Virgin Mobile customers hit by outage - MSE News 14th May 19 at 3:37 PM
    Some Virgin Mobile customers have been unable to make calls, send text messages or use their mobile data for several hours today as part of an ongoing outage...
    Read the full story:
    'Virgin Mobile customers hit by outage'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 14th May 19, 5:14 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 14th May 19, 5:14 PM
    • 14th May 19, 5:14 PM
    yeah, . At least my phone hasn't broken though.

Can't ring 789 or anyone.
    display shows 3G but data doesn't work
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 14th May 19, 6:02 PM
    • 17,097 Posts
    • 283,778 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    • 14th May 19, 6:02 PM
    • 14th May 19, 6:02 PM
    I've had this all day. no incoming or outgoing calls or texts and no data. My phone has been nothing more than a paperweight today!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Aims for 2019 - Savings up to £8000 - £5240/£8000. Lose 50lb - 4/50
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 14th May 19, 6:36 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 14th May 19, 6:36 PM
    • 14th May 19, 6:36 PM
    working now
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 15th May 19, 6:35 AM
    • 17,097 Posts
    • 283,778 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    • 15th May 19, 6:35 AM
    • 15th May 19, 6:35 AM
    Working now thankfully but I am not amused that they are putting their prices up AGAIN! They only hit us with a price increase in April and now they're doing it again...
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Aims for 2019 - Savings up to £8000 - £5240/£8000. Lose 50lb - 4/50
    • babyboos
    • By babyboos 15th May 19, 12:15 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    babyboos
    • 15th May 19, 12:15 PM
    • 15th May 19, 12:15 PM
    Do we need to contact them if we were adversely affected or is everyone being auto compensated
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 15th May 19, 12:26 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 3,670 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    • 15th May 19, 12:26 PM
    • 15th May 19, 12:26 PM
    I was looking at the news yesterday and saw the story about needing to update WhatsApp so I messed about and found an Ios update so I did that to my phone, then wife's phone, then found neither would make calls. I was cursing Apple and the update for several hours. Both on Virgin. Very irritating. Incoming calls were hit and miss but data worked, most strange.
    • Pluto88888
    • By Pluto88888 15th May 19, 5:49 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Pluto88888
    • 15th May 19, 5:49 PM
    • 15th May 19, 5:49 PM
    Working now thankfully but I am not amused that they are putting their prices up AGAIN! They only hit us with a price increase in April and now they're doing it again...
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    I find it's funny they just did the RPI price increase and now July another they are really taking the Brits for a ride milking every penny from hardworking people.

Crazy glad I ditch everything that begins with the word virgin.

These clowns still own me £43 cheque for my cancelled service this March been chasing them over chat and phone nonstop.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    • 39,106 Posts
    • 162,826 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    • 15th May 19, 6:47 PM
    Why did it only effect Virgin mobile customers, given that VM piggy back off EE?
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 15th May 19, 7:45 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I wonder if it’s anything to do with the new sims they sent out months ago.

They were for moving ppl over to a different network ?
    • Supatramp
    • By Supatramp 16th May 19, 5:05 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Supatramp
    I'm with Virgin and recently updated my contract, and got the new SIM. I delayed using it but was getting nags, so installed it.,

Ever since, phone showing 4g+ but when making a call it goes to 3g,, then H.

Coincidentally, have had numerous hassles with Whatsapp since too, still not getting the blue ticks showing that the other end has got the message!
    David.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,697Posts Today

6,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin