Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 8th Aug 16, 4:54 PM
    • 1,236Posts
    • 3,568Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    0 WOW
    New Buying From China (incl AliExpress) guide discussion
    • 8th Aug 16, 4:54 PM
    0 WOW
    New Buying From China (incl AliExpress) guide discussion 8th Aug 16 at 4:54 PM

Hi all,

We've written a new Buying From China guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Jenny
Page 5
    • tryin
    • By tryin 18th Apr 19, 10:55 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    tryin
    I got the $3 voucher immediately. You need to go to the new users area and request it.

AliExpress also offer $5 voucher for joining, but its only valid for orders of $50 or more.

http://www.aliexpress.com/activities/aliexpress-promotion/coupon0913/index.html
    Last edited by tryin; 18-04-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    • deckybo
    • By deckybo 25th Apr 19, 5:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deckybo
    Regular AliExpress shopper
    I found Ur piece on AE very informative, as I also purchase from the site, several times a week at times, I 2 have also noticed there price increase compared to when I first started purchasing there was some great cheaper quality items to b bought, u can still always get a bargain, just keep checking daily on different stores and prices, keep up the bargain hunting..... 😂
    • deckybo
    • By deckybo 25th Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deckybo
    Regular AliExpress shopper
    I shop regularly on this site for all sorts of little useless gadgets, as I am a bit of a nerd 🤓 so there u go, anyway I never spend more than 20 euros and never had a problem, I find most of what u buy n shops today are made in China anyway so what's the big deal? 🤔, I have found there cables for phones, tv, pc etc 2 b of very good quality and cheap, u can't fault that. 😂
    • tryin
    • By tryin 28th Apr 19, 9:43 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    tryin
    I made a small order from AE, using the $3 welcome voucher. I got the following message from the seller:

Xia YueFang: dear friend
    for this product,some customers tell us there is some quality problem
    we need to find new supplier
    to ensure your money,we contact you to cancel the order
    could you first choose the reason"other" to cancel the order?
    after we get quality product,we will contact you again to buy,ok?

Should I cancel? Or is it safe to assume he just doesn't want to give me the discount. (If I cancel the order, I assume the voucher won't come back).

And btw, I made a small order of a few items with that voucher, but the payment didn't go through. Then I went to 'my orders', and it let me buy each thing separately - with the voucher discount. A great way to circumvent the minimum spend on these vouchers...
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 28th Apr 19, 8:12 PM
    • 34,408 Posts
    • 21,757 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I made a small order from AE, using the $3 welcome voucher. I got the following message from the seller:

Xia YueFang: dear friend
    for this product,some customers tell us there is some quality problem
    we need to find new supplier
    to ensure your money,we contact you to cancel the order
    could you first choose the reason"other" to cancel the order?
    after we get quality product,we will contact you again to buy,ok?

Should I cancel? Or is it safe to assume he just doesn't want to give me the discount. (If I cancel the order, I assume the voucher won't come back).

And btw, I made a small order of a few items with that voucher, but the payment didn't go through. Then I went to 'my orders', and it let me buy each thing separately - with the voucher discount. A great way to circumvent the minimum spend on these vouchers...
    Originally posted by tryin
    Yes cancel the order, you don't want the original order turning up.
    • tryin
    • By tryin 29th Apr 19, 10:14 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    tryin
    Yes cancel the order, you don't want the original order turning up.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Too late. The order has just been shipped. But I still think its more likely he just didn't want me to get the discount.

Either way, I paid 30p for it, so nothing to lose.
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 1st May 19, 11:21 PM
    • 4,546 Posts
    • 7,248 Thanks
    sillygoose
    Too late. The order has just been shipped. But I still think its more likely he just didn't want me to get the discount.

Either way, I paid 30p for it, so nothing to lose.
    Originally posted by tryin
    You are correct. I only get such messages when the seller messed up and sold too cheap or didn't take into account postage.
    Cancelling for 'other' reason may count against you whilst letting the seller off the hook. I never accept it. Either they ship and take the loss or let it run its course and I raise a dispute on failure to deliver once it times out. Never lost one.

I doubt if your item will show up, the seller will have just entered a fake tracking number/tracking for another shipment/a pre-booked but not sent tracking number just to meet Aliexpress requirements. When it never arrives and times out they can blame the post service which is better for them than failure to supply goods listed.
    Last edited by sillygoose; 01-05-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
    • Kernow666
    • By Kernow666 15th May 19, 12:50 PM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    Kernow666
    i order buttons for my mum who is a keen crafter , can get 100 buttons for less than 1 delivered
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,629Posts Today

8,044Users online

Martin's Twitter