Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ajmarsh
    • By Ajmarsh 14th May 19, 11:56 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ajmarsh
    Sunny loans
    • 14th May 19, 11:56 AM
    Sunny loans 14th May 19 at 11:56 AM
    Hi,

If I was to apply for a loan from sunny, do they send letters at all? It is important I donít receive letters as my household isnít awfully safe. Or do they send letters if you miss a payment ( which wonít be happening ) I just need to know about welcome letters or things lol that

I have no issue paying back things so please donít comment that. I just need to know about letters! Thankyou!
Page 1
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 14th May 19, 12:07 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 14th May 19, 12:07 PM
    • 14th May 19, 12:07 PM
    At 1281% interest I hope so !
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th May 19, 12:40 PM
    • 34,403 Posts
    • 21,746 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th May 19, 12:40 PM
    • 14th May 19, 12:40 PM
    Is there no other avenue than resorting to Sunny Loans.
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 14th May 19, 1:01 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 14th May 19, 1:01 PM
    • 14th May 19, 1:01 PM
    Is there no other avenue than resorting to Sunny Loans.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Course there isn't...anyway he won't be missing any payments, he said so!
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 14th May 19, 1:24 PM
    • 4,288 Posts
    • 3,785 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 14th May 19, 1:24 PM
    • 14th May 19, 1:24 PM
    It is important I donít receive letters as my household isnít awfully safe. !
    Originally posted by Ajmarsh

This sounds worrying - is it a partner you are scared of ??
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th May 19, 2:13 PM
    • 34,403 Posts
    • 21,746 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th May 19, 2:13 PM
    • 14th May 19, 2:13 PM
    Course there isn't...anyway he won't be missing any payments, he said so!
    Originally posted by foxy-stoat

Can he predict the future, don't think so.
    • Ajmarsh
    • By Ajmarsh 14th May 19, 2:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajmarsh
    • 14th May 19, 2:22 PM
    • 14th May 19, 2:22 PM
    There isnít a need to be rude.
    An unforeseen event came up recently, I have my hours clocked and I know how much Iíll be paid by the end of the month. That is when itíll all be paid off, Iím not irresponsible.
    • Ajmarsh
    • By Ajmarsh 14th May 19, 2:24 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajmarsh
    • 14th May 19, 2:24 PM
    • 14th May 19, 2:24 PM
    Sort of, I find it more embarrassing and I would rather skip the whole chat about it. Which is why getting an answer about the letters is important.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 14th May 19, 2:37 PM
    • 3,251 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 14th May 19, 2:37 PM
    • 14th May 19, 2:37 PM
    Why not 'phone Sunny and ask them? You could advise them that your letterbox is not secure and ask them to email you or send you a secure web-message where possible.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• archived user
    You will get letters, you will get letters if you miss payments. More importantly if you've a partner they're going to notice the missing money every month. Remember at the interest rates Sunny charge for every £1000 you borrow over 6 months you repay £1910. The amount you pay in just six months is almost double what you borrow. If you're already broke this will just make things much, much worse.

As for being irresponsible, you have been for months, if not years. An unforseen circumstance which can be met with a short term loan over a month repaid at the next payday should easily be within the ability of anyone in employment to pay without resorting to a loan. All that money you've blown on pointless stuff over the last 6-12 months or more whilst not having an emergency fund would have more than covered this. Even just saving the few quid a day you may spend on a coffee or a sandwich or a McDonalds would, if you'd saved it instead for a year, have provided you with an emergency fund sufficiently large enough to meet this bill. The reasons you have an emergency fund is so you don't have to go to companies like this.

So yes I'm afraid you have been irresponsible.
    Last edited by Tarambor; 14-05-2019 at 2:49 PM.
    • Ajmarsh
    • By Ajmarsh 14th May 19, 3:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajmarsh
    I have a partner yes, but not one that peers over my bank account like a hawk. I’m only here for answers to my question, not judgment or criticism.
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 14th May 19, 3:10 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    I have a partner yes, but not one that peers over my bank account like a hawk. Iím only here for answers to my question, not judgment or criticism.
    Then post #9 has your answer.

If you do not want money saving advice or judgement then no problem, but PLEASE do not come back on here saying....I have taken out a £5,000 loan with an interest rate of 1281% - can I claim mis-selling of a loan....

Good lucks
    • Ajmarsh
    • By Ajmarsh 14th May 19, 3:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajmarsh
    That wonít be the case. As Iíve said I just want answers to my question,
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 14th May 19, 4:35 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 8,219 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    I would
    a) pawn something instead
    b) ask work for an advance

Mistakes do happen with post!
    May 19 grocery challenge £100.79/ £200
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 14th May 19, 5:18 PM
    • 3,599 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    No letters received as new customer.

Overdue debt issues were sorted by phone although this remained at lender level for me, no external debt collector. I don’t recommend people get their pay dates wrong if I can say.

Hope you will have received my PM reply.
    RIP my Rags. 16/06/19 at 4am
    Know I had to moneysave but you didn't have to go
    x
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 14th May 19, 7:04 PM
    • 3,123 Posts
    • 1,704 Thanks
    Ben8282
    . Which is why getting an answer about the letters is important.
    Problem is that asking this question assumes 1) that you will find somebody here who has actually used Sunny loans 2) that they will remember correctly 3) that they will answer you truthfully and 4) that Sunny haven't changed their policy since the person concerned took out the loan.
    The fact that you have asked this question also arouses suspicion as to WHY. An insecure address is a strange reason. Most people will assume that the reason you don't want letters sent is because you don't actually live at the address used. I would also caution against calling Sunny and asking them as this will arouse suspicion for the reason I have stated.
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 14th May 19, 9:19 PM
    • 6,420 Posts
    • 12,905 Thanks
    dealer wins
    Much cheaper if you can possibly get an overdraft, or a credit card. Or even borrow from a trusted friend or family member. Its a slippery slope using pay day lenders, and instantly sets your credit score back loads!
    Choose life
    • tetley
    • By tetley 14th May 19, 11:01 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    tetley
    if you have something, anything to Pawn, then please do so, the APR these companies charge is very cheap compared to other lending streams, and, if as you say you only need the money short term.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

985Posts Today

7,731Users online

Martin's Twitter