Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Itbw4
    • By Itbw4 11th Sep 18, 6:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Itbw4
    Morrisons More Points Theft
    • 11th Sep 18, 6:05 PM
    Morrisons More Points Theft 11th Sep 18 at 6:05 PM
    First time posting so apologies if I break any protocols...

This is mainly a warning to any users of the Morrisons More scheme.

The background is that I'm a frequent shopper and as such accumulate a fair few points. Instead of receiving the 5 voucher as soon as I hit the 5000 points I have my preferences set to save the vouchers until I request them. I do this as a way of taking care of the big Christmas shop.

Anyway I visited my usual store and noticed my points balance had dropped from 30k+ to roughly 400. I have been in touch with Morrisons and they advise me that the option to release the vouchers was actioned on 06/09/18 on my online account. The same day the vouchers were successfully printed using 'my card' in a store 80 miles from my home address (a store and town I've never been to!) to top things off the vouchers were cashed in later that same day.

Firstly I know that I didn't action the vouchers, nor did I visit the store in question. I've received mixed responses from Morrisons. First being non belief and the second being belief but with a hint of doubt.

Secondly I still have the physical card, it's usually scanned rather than swiped so any scammer could easily duplicate it at a self scan terminal. I can also prove that I wasn't at the store and have told Morrisons to check their CCTV!

They're currently investigating how it happened, but I'm without 30 worth of vouchers and with a potentially compromised card, let alone my personal details from their site. Coincidentally they sent me an email today encouraging me to change my password due to recent security breaches!

If you use the scheme in the same way that I do please check your points balance and/or change your account password!
Page 2
    • 2004nsnazir
    • By 2004nsnazir 18th Dec 18, 11:35 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    2004nsnazir
    In my local I have seen the cashier not give my 5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being 5 but someone out there may be in need of them.
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 19th Dec 18, 4:17 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    In my local I have seen the cashier not give my 5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being 5 but someone out there may be in need of them.
    Originally posted by 2004nsnazir

I would report it to the store manager.

I've just checked my points - for several minutes it showed my balance was zero. A few minutes later it showed the correct balance of just over 6,000 but failed to display any of my many recent transactions since October.

Like the OP, I have had to chase up bonus points not being added in the past.

It sounds like their computer is having another hissy fit yet again.
    • Lkbrooks
    • By Lkbrooks 28th Jan 19, 12:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lkbrooks
    Morrisons more points theft
    I have notice 80,000 points had been taken from my Morrisons more card a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Morrisons via email stating the fact only to receive a reply stating that I'd purchased 2 gift cards. This I'd not done. Telephoned them and got it sorted straight away. Having to receive a new card. Changed password also. The gift cards were purchased over 100 miles away from my home town. This I was told on the telephone which should have be checked when I'd emailed them, they won't of have noticed that it wasn't me. Disappointed that I had to ring regarding this but grateful that it is sorted and that I've now got my points back which I've earned. Please check your points total every time. Keep an eye on them in case it happens to you.
    • sammysausage
    • By sammysausage 13th May 19, 5:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sammysausage
    This is STILL happening
    I have just had 60 worth of points stolen. Account history shows that the points were credited to a phone and cashed in for goods. My Nokia 100 cannot have received this voucher! This happened on the same day that I visited my usual local store. The offshore operator on Morrisons 1st line helpdesk said to check for my email address on youvebeenpawned.com and that I should report it to ActionFraud and that there is nothing that Morrisons can do. He also stated that they were getting alot of these calls. I insisted on speaking to a manager/supervisor and was put through to someone in the UK who investigated properly and is going to call me back. I will post an update here if I get any further useful information.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 13th May 19, 8:51 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 2,109 Thanks
    no1catman
    I've got about 60 worth of nectar points, but with Tesco & Morrisons I save the vouchers, and keep them in date order. I think with Morrison I've got about seventeen 5.00 coupons.

I wouldn't trust using my smart-phone for it - too vulnerable to interception of wifi. I use wired PC for my internet transactions.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,693Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin