Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • terjac3
    • By terjac3 10th May 19, 4:56 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 9Thanks
    terjac3
    Amazon stole my 2000 laptop
    • 10th May 19, 4:56 PM
    Amazon stole my 2000 laptop 10th May 19 at 4:56 PM
    People beware if you're thinking about buying anything expensive from AMAZON. My son spent 2000 on a gaming laptop, was told it would be delivered last Sunday. We watched the driver, on their tracking app, get within 2 streets then he shot off and parked up a mile away and stayed there for hours, then the app turned off ( he later said he had tried to deliver but there was no answer, load of rubbish, there was 5 of us in all day) he then took our parcel back to his depot. the next day it was delivered, the fella scanned the box and i signed it. When opening the box I found that the laptop had been taken out and another box with a 10 table inside, had been put there in its place. We got in contact with AMAZON and after their extensive investigation which lasted less than 24hrs, said that there had been no wrong doing because the parcel had been signed for and that we could not have a refund. Basically they are saying that WE are trying to pull a fast one. Just got back from the Police Station, they said that this is not the first complaint they've had like this this week concerning AMAZON. So people, just be very careful what you sign for, the bar code on the outside box will be what you are expecting but you could find something completely different inside. We went to the police station and got a crime number but AMAZON said this is not enough,they went an actual copy of the crime report. The police told us that they cannot give out crime reports to the public and that AMAZON has to contact them with the crime number and then they will get the report. AMAZON are not willing to do this.

Just an update on this, been in touch with Trading Standards and Citizens Advice and they have said that what AMAZON are doing is illegal. By law, if the wrong goods are delivered then you are entitled to a replacement or a refund
Page 3
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th May 19, 12:34 PM
    • 13,708 Posts
    • 9,442 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Game-Over, what is your problem? First of all you dig up a post from 8yrs ago and reply with a sarcastic comment then you go full on Perry Mason and start babbling on about me forgetting what I told the police and hoping I don't get nicked for wasting police time.
    Read the post again, it really is quite simple. AMAZON WANT A COPY OF THE POLICE REPORT FROM ME BEFORE THEY CAN ISSUE A REFUND. THE POLICE HAVE SAID THAT THEY CANNOT GIVE ME A COPY. AMAZON HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE POLICE STATION THEN THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GET A COPY.

Now, I don't know if Amazon know that it is difficult for me to get a copy but they refuse to get in contact with the police, even though they have all the details that they need.

theonlywayisup
    Amazon have stated in their emails that they will not except any correspondance from Action Fraud.
    Originally posted by terjac3
    That's a shame.
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 21st May 19, 9:50 PM
    • 6,449 Posts
    • 12,980 Thanks
    dealer wins
    Guess it would be a good idea filming yourself opening deliveries of expensive goods, just in case. I am going to start doing that from now on.

Would have to film the actual delivery and opening in one go to avoid any doubt.
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 21st May 19, 10:37 PM
    • 5,219 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    Money maker
    Never ever had an Amazon parcel delivered by Royal Mail and I've been using Amazon for years. Usually get someone that can hardly speak English and 9 times out of 10 they tell you that they don't need a signature.
    Originally posted by terjac3
    The company I work for sends most Amazon orders out by Royal Mail and all Prime orders.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • bobwilson
    • By bobwilson 22nd May 19, 1:46 AM
    • 560 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    bobwilson
    This sounds bad. In what area did this happen?
    • Jumblebumble
    • By Jumblebumble 23rd May 19, 2:08 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Jumblebumble
    Amazon use a variety of carriers including Hermes and Royal Mail.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Who subcontract to heaven knows who
    • deadendwaterfall
    • By deadendwaterfall 29th May 19, 10:30 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    deadendwaterfall
    Wow, nearly as bad as the one you bought from Currys!
    Originally posted by roddydogs
    Better to trust Currys than Amazon.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 30th May 19, 7:37 AM
    • 7,919 Posts
    • 7,744 Thanks
    DoaM
    Well, at least this thread you've bumped is only a week old ... another one you bumped (banned from Tesco) was 2 YEARS old.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,749Users online

Martin's Twitter