Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mumof2under2
    • By Mumof2under2 1st May 19, 12:14 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mumof2under2
    DRO and overpayments
    • 1st May 19, 12:14 PM
    DRO and overpayments 1st May 19 at 12:14 PM
    My dro was recently accepted 2 of the debts included in my
    Dro were overpayments. One for housing benefit and one for esa from Dwp.
    Iím just wondering what happens with them. Iím pretty sure both of these overpayment debts are getting repayed by deduction some of my current benefits.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 1st May 19, 3:26 PM
    • 13,849 Posts
    • 10,889 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 1st May 19, 3:26 PM
    • 1st May 19, 3:26 PM
    They must stop the deductions and any deduction made since the DRO was granted must be refunded.

If either of these were incurred through fraud they remain frozen for the 12 months but can be pursued again after the moratorium is lifted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,864Posts Today

7,513Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin