Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • plu
    • By plu 23rd Apr 19, 2:19 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    plu
    0 WOW
    Beer52 24cans for 30 offer - Amex 10 cashback
    • 23rd Apr 19, 2:19 PM
    0 WOW
    Beer52 24cans for 30 offer - Amex 10 cashback 23rd Apr 19 at 2:19 PM
    Hi

Tried the advertised offer, as this weeks Amex discounts also offers 10 back on 20 or more spent at Beer52. So it should be 24 beers for 20... BTW Beer52 is a pain to cancel once on the regular delivery option (you have to call, and they are often engaged) But as this offer is a one-off, as MSE state, that shouldn't be an issue.
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 23rd Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    • 13,881 Posts
    • 43,197 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:32 PM
    Hi

Tried the advertised offer, as this weeks Amex discounts also offers 10 back on 20 or more spent at Beer52. So it should be 24 beers for 20... BTW Beer52 is a pain to cancel once on the regular delivery option (you have to call, and they are often engaged) But as this offer is a one-off, as MSE state, that shouldn't be an issue.
    Originally posted by plu
    I very much doubt if Amex will pay out as its not a direct link, its an affiliated MSE link and it does state that they won't be elligible,

C. Transactions that are not eligible

The following transactions are not eligible and will not count towards your spend for the purposes of the offer:

transactions where you do not spend directly with the merchant (for example, if you buy the merchant’s goods through a third party department store);
    transactions processed through a third party payment processor;
    transactions that are subsequently cancelled or refunded;
    transactions where the merchant does not pass on the information we need to process it properly within the offer period (for example, when their payment systems are down and they cannot process the transaction electronically)
    transactions where you buy a gift card, store credit or a voucher
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • plu
    • By plu 23rd Apr 19, 3:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    plu
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:43 PM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:43 PM
    hi sarah1972. Good point but I think I'll get the CB. The MSE link is only a suffix to the beer52 website and beer52 process the purchase as normal. I'll post whatever happens, but the offer ends on the 29th April anyway
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 23rd Apr 19, 3:49 PM
    • 13,881 Posts
    • 43,197 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:49 PM
    • 23rd Apr 19, 3:49 PM
    hi sarah1972. Good point but I think I'll get the CB. The MSE link is only a suffix to the beer52 website and beer52 process the purchase as normal. I'll post whatever happens, but the offer ends on the 29th April anyway
    Originally posted by plu
    Its not a direct link to beer52 although the payment is still through them. So you are buying through a third party which doesn't count. Its a MSE blagged offer thats only available through MSE's website.

Direct link https://www.beer52.com

Affiliate link http://www.beer52.com/mse24
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • plu
    • By plu 25th Apr 19, 9:37 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    plu
    • 25th Apr 19, 9:37 AM
    • 25th Apr 19, 9:37 AM
    The debate continues Purchase was logged by Amex, under Beer52. But no mention of the offer under Amex "Saved Offers". So I logged a chat and the (very responsive) agent stated the offer had been redeemed successfully - hence not still listed under "Saved offers". So I'll await the CB in due course. (But the delivery is delayed: Yodel stated "needed re-packaging". This whole saga must be thrilling MSE members - who needs Game of Thrones? )
    BTW I understand sarah's point - I once tried to use a Laithwaites Amex CB offer when purchasing from the Sunday Times wine club. Laithwaites fulfilled the order, but as sarah stated, the transaction was billed by ST Wine Club and understandably no CB. (I didnt really expect it tho, ST offer was fine anyway).
    • plu
    • By plu 29th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    plu
    • 29th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    • 29th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    CB was paid (quickly, too! Impressed.

OTHER ACCOUNT TRANSACTIONS
    Apr 24 (BEER52url) 10.00
    CR
    beer52 offer

But I'll be careful next time and thx for the heads-up!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,357Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter