PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How often do you clean your drawers?

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Declutter usually just before the end of the year in between Christmas and New Year. I am fairly organised and yet having 5 kitchen drawers means things do get shoved in 'for later'. The more you have the more the clutter
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I am fairly organised and yet having 5 kitchen drawers means things do get shoved in 'for later'. The more you have the more the clutter
    So true
    I am aware of at least 7 drawers and two cupboards in my house that are just full of 'stuff' (they're on my 'to do' list...). And I'm not even going to mention the spare bedroom :eek: :o
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Bellisima
    Options
    I hoover the cutlery and odds and sods drawers as it’s mostly crumbs. Other drawers get looked at once in a blue moon. The shelf with all the condiments gets very mucky and I wipe it clean every few weeks.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kitchen drawers - every couple of months; or more often if struck by the Curse of Annoia (for those unfamiliar with Sir Terry Pratchett's work, Annoia is the Goddess of Stuck Kitchen Drawers - you know, when the soup ladle or something manages to wedge itself into a corner and you can't open the damn thing).

Bedroom drawers - at least once a year; more often if they look untidy or if I can't immediately find an item I want.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Since 2007 we've moved house roughly every three years and with a couple of exceptions that's when they get done ;)

We purchased our current [STRIKE] project[/STRIKE] house in February and till August most of our furniture etc was in storage in a different part of the country while we got the building site vaguely habitable. When we packed everything up after selling our previous home we had a major declutter and cleaned all dressing table and other free standing furniture drawers out thoroughly, then when we repatriated it all we had another tidy/clean.

The kitchen we've just fitted is all drawers as were those in our previous two houses. Apart from the two spice drawers​ (which do need hoovering out from time to time), I haven't found that these get particularly dirty/crumby, but there's only me and DH at home these days and we're both quite OCD once the building mess is cleared, lol!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • SunMoonStars
    Options
    What is this thread actually about? :rotfl:
  • Brambleberry
    Options
    I was stupidly happy the day I realised that a quick waft of the vacuum hose would get all the loose hair out of the bottom drawer in my dressing table that holds my hairdryer, brushes and an extension bar without me actually having to empty it :rotfl:
    ***Mortgage Free Oct 2018 - Debt Free again (after detour) June 2022***
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family