PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 10th July 2018

Comments

• Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    silver oldie

Could you look at copies of "Which" at a library to get information on tvs, freeview etc? It might give you some broad guidelines.

Looks like a much cooler morning and the sun is just coming out from the clouds. DD is coming over for a baking session so will nip out to the local shop for a few ingredients I need to bake savoury muffins.

TA
    Please don't worry about sharing your feelings. You need a safe space to let things out without feeling you are worrying family. I wish I could do something to help rather than sending a hug.

Thinking of LW and sending positive vibes and crossed fingers.

HollyHarvey

I would have been dithering about returning the sandals and just assumed that I could not do anything. You were honest and explained what you were asking and why so I would not think you have done anything unethical.

Hugs to all..
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning all,

Firstly, Judi - yes I probably am living life a little bit dangerously, so I promise to approach with extreme caution.

I've officially got the cold, from a (different) colleague, which meant no football last night and the gym this morning wasn't very productive. Tonight, should the weather allow, I'll do some gardening at my mums for a bit. Chilli for dinner.

The girl from work phoned me last night with work related things. Once the work chat finished, the conversation went on to the dinner I was making and she wants to take me to a pizza place next week. Few things;

1. She's keen (we already know this). Perhaps too keen.
    2. Isn't it the man's job to take the other person out?
    3. If the above is true, I can't afford it!!

Anyway, I'm away for a coffee.

TA - It can't be easy and you've done an amazing job thus far. You should be really proud of yourself and yes, the road ahead will be tough, but with you by his side it'll be that bit easier and pleasant. We're here if you need us.
    RR - I often think about you and others who work in kitchens when the heat is like this. I done the same in my university days and it was really difficult and uncomfortable. Hope it's not too bad today.
    Camelot - I too have had rain. Although I cleaned the car the other day, so not too pleased!
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Rain, what's that? We had some drizzle yesterday, but it didn't develop into anything.

The garden is just dust, I suppose everyone's garden is.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Elona wrote: »
    silver oldie

Could you look at copies of "Which" at a library to get information on tvs, freeview etc? It might give you some broad guidelines.

Hugs to all..

Thank you, good idea.
    Just I don't even know what all these things are, streaming, netflix ?? I don't want to pay lots of money for sky but want more than the few basic channels.
    Don't really need a mobile except for emergency use but would like to have app thingy for say collecting points for free coffee or cashback checkoutsmart.
    I need a guide for an idiot
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning chums a slightly cooler fresher day at the moment thank goodness.Well done on the sandles H/Harvey.That extra £!7.00 will give you a nice day out at the coast :):) a great result.

MrsTA the night time is always the time when you worry the most Can you down load a jigsaw onto a lap-top or computer.I have two free jigsaw sites on my lap-top and they are great for taking your mind off worries and thoughts .I also listen to Steve Allen on LBC 4.a.m.-7a.m. very amusing man to listen to during the night I have him on my laptop whilst doing my jigsaws, I know it sounds odd but it really does take your mind off of things when you can't sleep the past few nights because of the heat I wake at unearthly times of the morning and its far too early to get up so I will sit up in bed with my lap-top and Steve Allen for company and potter around doing a jigsaw.

Speky glad you enjoyed your date, you sound like a very nice young man and far too nice to be sitting alone at night

Gers fingers crossed your DM can be sprung from the hospital asap

Nelski take it slow and sensible if you are going back to work ,with lots of breaks, as we don't want you to put back your recovery

silver-oldie if you have a DGc or a young person around the 18-25 age range in your circle ,even if they belong to a friend take them with you to translate the gobble de gook that the sales folk blind you with I usually take my son-in-law as he is quite techy or one of my grandsons as most yousters over the age of about 14 are pretty good at the different things that are talked aboutI still don't use the HD on my TV as I can't see the difference, and basically is doesn't to me make the programmes any better, rubbish TV is still rubbish TV no matter how crystal clear the picture :):):)

bellabella I hope you will soon feel better , it always seems worse feeling ill when the sun is shining.

U3A coffee morning this morning at Dobbies which I always enjoy Last week i got a pot of tea for a change with my freebie and topped the pot up and ended up with four cuppa's :):) kept me going whilst nattering.

DGS Jack brought his new you lady round to DDs for dinner last night and I met her before I came home and she seems very nice and pleasant, and is also very pretty. Jackis being very sensible as I had a quiet chat to him and said 'she knows you are off in September to Uni doesn't she' and he said 'yes no problems Gran, we are just having some fun, and I told her that I shall be away so we are just enjoying ourselve with nothing heavy or serious .He is a sensible young man and wouldn't lead her on I don't think.They enjoy each others company and laugh a lot so nothing to serious at all thank goodness. I don't want either of them to be hurt

H/Hester what on earth bit you ,it wasn't a tick was it as they can be nasty little blighters at the moment and really do burrow in.

right time for some more tea I think I swear I have yorkshire tea in my veins and not blood at the moment.

Have a good day chums and ,,hugs .. to those who could do with one

JackieO xx
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Specky...the modern working woman should pay her way.
    Say so....let's go dutch used to be the espression....my son asks " how are we paying for this?"....use collective language...

He said..."gold diggers are still a thing" !!!
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Silver-oldie
    Many libraries offer classes in computer literacy....free.
    As they have a clear purpose, you might enjoy them.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »

silver-oldie if you have a DGc or a young person around the 18-25 age range in your circle ,even if they belong to a friend take them with you to translate the gobble de gook that the sales folk blind you with I usually take my son-in-law as he is quite techy or one of my grandsons as most yousters over the age of about 14 are pretty good at the different things that are talked aboutI still don't use the HD on my TV as I can't see the difference, and basically is doesn't to me make the programmes any better, rubbish TV is still rubbish TV no matter how crystal clear the picture :):):)

JackieO xx

I don't have anyone.
    Silver-oldie
    Many libraries offer classes in computer literacy....free.
    As they have a clear purpose, you might enjoy them.

Leaving DH is the problem but thank you for the suggestion
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Extra hugs to those of you with worries.

Silver Oldie....get yourself a free stat box, it works through your Sky ariel, I bought one years ago and its saved me a fortune. You can find details on their website..

Holly, I would not have dreamed of taking the sandals back, this may be a money saving site, but afraid I am not that cheeky. I would have waited for the sales anyway before buying the sandals.

So glad we have cloud this morning, it was so refreshing having a cool breeze blowing through the house yesterday, looking forward to more of the same over the next few days. OH says its 6 weeks since we had rain of any description and it was only a light shower then.

Gers...sorry to hear your Mum is not making the progress they had hoped she would. I am sure they will sort her out, sounds as if the medication is not doing its job.

No plans for the day, the heat wipes me out so I need a couple of days to recharge. I might just do some ironing, I want to set some more of the pieces for the baby quilt. I have a couple of things to iron from yesterday.

OH has requested sausage and mash tonight........we did not have a dessert last night, think he plans to pick more rasps today.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Speky my DH always let me pay now & again - still does in fact. I agree with Tired Trophy that we live in an equal society...and good on her for offering x
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills