First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snap hope fourp, is ok.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    ta for this - I was pondering wether to be lazy and just go to the Co-op for milk or to go to sainsburys and try and get the Arla organic milk for COS with 95p cashback - muller rice and Tyrells for GJ might be a deciding factor.
    I did wonder about this Tilda but its only 220g rather than the 250g specified - which is a pity
    Tilda Super Grains - Brown Basmati, Red & Black Rice with Garlic & Ginger
    The raspberries are £1.40 with 50p cashback - these would go nicely with the excess of fage :)

Incidentally there is also Carte Dor but 900ml - on mysupermarket its showing as 1 litres - I expect mys has not been updated and there has been a 10% decrease in size :mad: On offer in mr T for £1.75 if you believe mys
    Re rice, I am contemplating giving up the microwave rice in favour of a huge sack for a fiver! DS always cooks the real stuff with no bother.
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Ordered that in the sale preview. Accepted order then after the confirmation email I received another email to say no longer available! :mad:

That's what happened to me with the case of white. :(
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    Options
    I joined Shaw Academy for free photo course, then paid for NUS extra card and BINGO, discounts and freebies

Thanks for this BH. I’ve just tried the same but got this reply from NUS Extra.:(

Hi

Apologies for the delay in response

Shaw Academy were deregistered so you would not be eligible through this provider

Kind Regards,
    Noosh
    NUS extra Support Advisor

Well done to those that did get it though. :T
    Off now to cancel my Shaw Academy membership before they charge me for next month. And then the hunt for another provider.

SnS
  • pippo
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work :think: Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol :D

Oh Tweets, good girl! You need to look after yourself too. Your mum will settle better with familiar things around her and it sounds as if Aunty Hilary is a sensible lady.
  • pippo
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

We had rain overnight :T

It was well needed and there is about an inch of water in the bird bath

I am starting to get the stuff ready for holidays and we are talking lots of food for 8 of us so hoping it will make a space in the cupboards

I love all this planning I think I have minor OCD :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Opened the "savings tubs" and had £144 from Easter Kids were in their element roughly counting their allocated particular value of coins

Enjoy your day

Think family holidays are the only thing i'm a bit OCD about:rotfl:
    Maybe because I realise that DS & DDiL, despite their good jobs etc are generally bl00dy disorganised!!

They have travelled up here when the girls were very young and had to out and buy knickers and socks!

Family holiday in America Many emails I'll take the tea bags (I don't even drink tea, but they do!) they brought 3 lots, but no sun cream:mad:

We have 2 plastic piggy-banks that we put 5p's 10's and 20's in and for years the girls, when they visited would love to count their 'Pig Money' then spend all of the shrapnel!
    The pigs live on top of the freezer and now, when they visit I can see them eyeing them up. Mr P now tends to put a couple of notes in each before they arrive (he's not always grumpy!"
  • pippo
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I remember sitting on a bee once. The only time I've been stung. I honestly thought I'd sat on an upright needle:eek:

In the 70's when I first met the now Mr Pip we hitch hiked from South Wales to Bristol, which involved walking over the Severn Bridge,

Well I needed a wee so had what my mam would call a @country one' in the bushes.. I managed to lower myself down onto a bunch of nettles:o:o
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Re rice, I am contemplating giving up the microwave rice in favour of a huge sack for a fiver! DS always cooks the real stuff with no bother.

How long would it take you to go through a huge sack though? And you have a suitable place to store it?
    I think we only have rice maybe once or twice a week _ OH always tends to make too much of it and then he manages to get it all over the kitchen :)

I like the exotic flavoured Tilda rice varieties, otherwise its just normal basmati
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pippo
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    How long would it take you to go through a huge sack though? And you have a suitable place to store it?
    I think we only have rice maybe once or twice a week _ OH always tends to make too much of it and then he manages to get it all over the kitchen :)

I like the exotic flavoured Tilda rice varieties, otherwise its just normal basmati
    That's what I'm contemplating!

By the way how's the errant one doing?
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Thanks..
    I'm home but left him there :( Heart rate 150 & blood pressure 59/90 :eek:
    Hopefully he might get a stent or a pacemaker ???

But I'm not going to Parents with That Sister, fortunately Other Sister has taken my place :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure