Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pilotamx
    • By pilotamx 15th Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    • 39Posts
    • 1Thanks
    pilotamx
    Best way to exchange Pounds to Philippine Peso
    • 15th Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    Best way to exchange Pounds to Philippine Peso 15th Dec 17 at 10:59 AM
    Hi,

The date for my flight to Philippine is approaching. I have discovered that in Philippine the usage of credit card is very low (well, not a big surprise) and money changer are just tourist traps.
    So, I need to change around 1000 GBP in Pesos. I tried to see what I can do here in the UK, I arrived MSE travelmoney microsite. I reports TravelFX and BestForeignExchange as the best changers. However, I read many old comments about TravelFX plus the fact that the company behind is a little bit 'obscure'.
    So, I know the choice is mine, but is really TravelFX a scam and I should head for Tesco or not?

Moreover, I read that the biggest banknote in Philippine is 1000 Pesos and like for 500 Euro, no one normally accepts it. Is it possible to negotiate the banknote denomination when you order money online?

Thanks a lot
    S.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th Dec 17, 10:09 AM
    • 9,377 Posts
    • 9,867 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th Dec 17, 10:09 AM
    • 17th Dec 17, 10:09 AM
    Why not ask this in the correct forum?
    • pilotamx
    • By pilotamx 17th Dec 17, 12:08 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pilotamx
    • 17th Dec 17, 12:08 PM
    • 17th Dec 17, 12:08 PM
    Why a currency exchange question isn't right in the currency exchange forum?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    • 9,377 Posts
    • 9,867 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    • 17th Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    This is not a currency exchange forum. Its for the victims of CCE who went bust some years back.

You need the Flights, Currency and Car Hire forum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,689Posts Today

8,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Has anyone successfully reclaimed PPI on behalf of a deceased relative. I'm doing a blog on how to do it, and I'd? https://t.co/PHXJXCzvc6

• Follow Martin