Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 28th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 395Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have
    • 28th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    MSE News: Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have 28th Jul 17 at 3:20 PM
    If you're about to buy a special edition film from the Sky Store, such as Beauty and the Beast, don't expect the DVD version to be all-singing all-dancing....
    Read the full story:
    'Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have all the bells and whistles'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 28th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 23,778 Posts
    • 13,130 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 28th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    Forget all the "bells and whistles", the physical copy of the film is presented on DVD which not even in High Definition format!

The digital copy is HD, but is only available while a Sky subscriber. Basically, a very expensive way to purchase altogether...
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 29th Jul 17, 3:45 AM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • 29th Jul 17, 3:45 AM
    • 29th Jul 17, 3:45 AM
    Forget all the "bells and whistles", the physical copy of the film is presented on DVD which not even in High Definition format!

The digital copy is HD, but is only available while a Sky subscriber. Basically, a very expensive way to purchase altogether...
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    I don't think you're need to be a Sky subscriber to view your purchases.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • PField
    • By PField 29th Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    PField
    • 29th Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    • 29th Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    Certainly with the current contracts the Equipment is loaned to you and they want it back if you cancel your subscription.
    I see the Blu Ray version is £9 on line, so yes £13.99 is way to much for a standard definition DVD copy.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 29th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 23,778 Posts
    • 13,130 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 29th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 29th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    I don't think you're need to be a Sky subscriber to view your purchases.
    Originally posted by ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I fear without an active subscription, the digital download is no longer available to view (and certainly requires a Sky decoder).

I wasn't talking about the physical disc, of course.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 29th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 5,592 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 29th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 29th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    I may also be wrong as I haven't used the service - but isn't the digital download available on Apple/Android devices ??
    I've only used the Sky Store when I've had a free offer -and I've taken the DVD as I can make my own digital copy from it.
  • jamesd
    • 30th Jul 17, 3:03 AM
    • 30th Jul 17, 3:03 AM
    Does it really say 'digital only' and nothing else, like 'download only, no burning possible'? If it does, someone might want to tell Sky that DVDs have have been digital from their beginning, so it would include DVD versions.
    Last edited by jamesd; 30-07-2017 at 3:05 AM.
    • Roland Flagg
    • By Roland Flagg 31st Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 1,209 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Roland Flagg
    • 31st Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    Why would anyone want a dvd in 2017 anyway? Does the offer come with a betamax as well?
    Last edited by Roland Flagg; 31-07-2017 at 1:37 PM.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 31st Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 5,592 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 31st Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    Why would anyone want a dvd in 2017 anyway? Does the offer come with a betamax as well?
    Originally posted by Roland Flagg
    Useful for kids films to play on car DVD set up!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,113Posts Today

7,449Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin