Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    silverbirch
    Switching comparison help
    • 23rd Mar 06, 3:38 PM
    Switching comparison help 23rd Mar 06 at 3:38 PM
    I've just entered my kwh per year for both gas and electric into energyhelpline and uswitch. Uswitch had powergen as my cheapest which is who i'm with and energyhelpline had british gas as cheaper by 6 so not worth switching.

But both sites put my annual usage at 560 so approx 47 a month but i actually pay 97. Part of this is to pay off arrears due to my previous monthly payment been too low, but as i was paying 49 before it went up, according to this i was already paying enough and there shouldn't have been any arrears.

can't get my head around the maths but my meter reading in jan 05 for electric was 22640 and jan 06 30795 and gas in jan 05 2454 Jan 06 2798 so i just put in the difference in kwh used. Is this the right way to do it or am i having a blonde moment?
    2 coin savers club = 288
Page 1
    • matto
    • By matto 23rd Mar 06, 3:43 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    matto
    • 23rd Mar 06, 3:43 PM
    • 23rd Mar 06, 3:43 PM
    The gas needs to be re-calculated to kWh rather than units. (Fortunately electricity units are kWh).

You'll find the exact calculation on a gas bill. I thinks its about 30 times as much. Which makes your gas kWh usage about 11000 kWh.

I wouldn't call it a blonde moment.
    Last edited by matto; 23-03-2006 at 3:54 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

5,809Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin