DWP interview tomorrow - overreaching?

Options
2»

Comments

• tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They made it clear to me when I was assessed both for ESA and for PIP that neither is income related. I also looked up the rules online, and phoned up to check, and everything checks out. I can literally earn any amount of money, save any amount, have income from property, lodgers, or work, to literally any amount, and none of it affects my ESA or PIP as they are not means tested in any way.

If you have worked and earnt x amount, the money may not affect, but if the work contradicts your reasons for claiming ESA and PIP, then this could have an impact.

Not saying you have worked, but it's not always straight forward as to why they want what they want.
  • Newly_retired
    Options
    Could it be that your entitlement to contribution- based ESA is coming to an end, and DWP want to de if you are eligible for an income- based Benefit? Just wondering, not trying to pry.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could it be that your entitlement to contribution- based ESA is coming to an end, and DWP want to de if you are eligible for an income- based Benefit? Just wondering, not trying to pry.

That was my thoughts. My aunt was called and she was flapping. Turns out they wanted to check if she was getting everything she was entitled to.
  • travelodger
    Options

Oh, I had no idea it could come to an end. What would bring that about, please?
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, I had no idea it could come to an end. What would bring that about, please?

If you are in the WRAG (Work related activity group) of contribution based ESA then this ends after a year.

If you are in the support group then this does not end unless you are reassessed and found fit for work or moved to the WRAG.

Look at your ESA decision letter to find out which group you are in.
  • travelodger
    Options
    I am in the support group. I have been on the ESA for much longer than a year. I was on IB before this and switched over.
  • travelodger
    Options
    Well, I went and it was nothing.

They didn't ask for anything but my passport to prove ID.

Not interested in my savings at all.

Just told me not to work more than 16 hours a week or earn more than £130pw. I already knew that.

What was the point of all that then? It's a mystery to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure