After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    i would like to follow this thread thanks for starting it.

I finish in November.
    :footie:
  • red_devil
    Options
    my advisor told me that i would be asked to do 30 hrs a week work placement or a college course!
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    I was hoping someone would start a thread on this subject, found people's experiences interesting. I have just finished the WP and am awaiting my first appt/confrontation at the JC. No doubt feathers will fly but there is no way I am going in twice a week. Will let yall know what happens.
    So far I am just going in to sign once every two weeks and she is going to call me next week, that's it

forgot to say she did say she thought the WP was coming to an end as it has failed, just a matter of time

Also all the feedback she was hearing was negative.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • red_devil
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    So far I am just going in to sign once every two weeks and she is going to call me next week, that's it

any talk of a work placement?
  • AP007
    Options
    red_devil wrote: »
    any talk of a work placement?
    No, none at all.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • red_devil
    Options
    before you left the work programme did they go through what the job centre might do with you mine has already and i dont leave till November?
  • AP007
    Options
    before you left the work programme did they go through what the job centre might do with you mine has already and i dont leave till November?
    no they just say bye lol

WP ended Friday and had JC meeting yesterday
  • red_devil
    Options
    mine is getting me prepared, she also said when uc came in, the job seeking activity would have to increase?
  • AP007
    Options
    mine is getting me prepared, she also said when uc came in, the job seeking activity would have to increase?
    It can only increase if you are doing jack all, all day long

I told the JC my laptop goes on at 8am and turns off about 2am and I look for jobs 7 days a week which I do and can prove it from the applications I make.

She said you have to treat it as a full time job so at least 9-5
  • busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2013 at 6:09PM
    Options
    I was hoping someone would start a thread on this subject, found people's experiences interesting. I have just finished the WP and am awaiting my first appt/confrontation at the JC. No doubt feathers will fly but there is no way I am going in twice a week. Will let yall know what happens.

This is obviously your right but be prepared to have your benefit sanctioned if you are booked and notified to attend more frequently than you currently do so, your reasons will be referred to a decison maker and you may lose benefit if you fail to attend without good cause.
    Only your feathers will fly as no skins off the staff nose if you end up with a benefit sanction.

I noticed you take repaeted jobsearch as you have stated in your previous thread, i would imagine this will be noticed once you start seeing the same person and they start ringing the employers whose jobs you state you have applied for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure