eBay auto-relisting and changing offer settings on live listings

I had a couple of listings automatically relist on eBay, thought this was odd as I never check that box, if things don't sell I either change the listing or leave it a while and relist. I checked all my other live listings and the box to relist if they didn't sell was unchecked.

When these listings ended they all relisted straight away. Several live listings also were changed to accept lower offers.

I messaged eBay and apparently this is now how things now work. I found this link being posted on twitter to others who had complained about this practice;

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-eBay-is-Helping-Boost-Conversion-with-Best-Offer-on/ba-p/27622691

I'm now stuck with items listed which will still be on sale when I am on holiday so should someone buy something, I won't be around to send it out. And why have a check box to not auto relist an item, if that is to be ignored. This all seems poorly thought through on eBay's side.

Just thought I would post this anyway as to begin with I thought someone hack hacked my account when it started doing odd things.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    PDC wrote: »
    I had a couple of listings automatically relist on eBay, thought this was odd as I never check that box, if things don't sell I either change the listing or leave it a while and relist. I checked all my other live listings and the box to relist if they didn't sell was unchecked.

When these listings ended they all relisted straight away. Several live listings also were changed to accept lower offers.

I messaged eBay and apparently this is now how things now work. I found this link being posted on twitter to others who had complained about this practice;

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-eBay-is-Helping-Boost-Conversion-with-Best-Offer-on/ba-p/27622691

I'm now stuck with items listed which will still be on sale when I am on holiday so should someone buy something, I won't be around to send it out. And why have a check box to not auto relist an item, if that is to be ignored. This all seems poorly thought through on eBay's side.

Just thought I would post this anyway as to begin with I thought someone hack hacked my account when it started doing odd things.

There has been a lot of chat about this and it appears it *might* be linked to the recent promotional listings where to get the free listings auto relist needed to be confirmed. However that doesn't fit with the fact that yours don't show it as checked when you look.

This is the thread where I alluded to it

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5868118

As for your listings, as long as you have no bids and have had no questions - end them now before you go away otherwise you may have no end of issues with defects later.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    I managed to find a support email form on the website and got a reply back, but it didn't really make things any clearer. I notice when I went to list a new item the checkbox for relisting/not relisting is no longer on the listing page.

I can only guess they are making changes to the website and seeing how people react. Well, either that or they just don't know what they are doing!
  • weezie7
    weezie7 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I, too, have sold an item on ebay this weekend, there was a box at some stage, clearly asking if you wanted to relist automatically and also that it would reduce the price by 5% each time until it was sold. I can't recall at what stage I saw it, but it was there!
    Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport