HL Platform Broken Again

Comments

• DennisTenus
    DennisTenus Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ColdIron wrote: »
    We are always 'heading for a downward dip', and I think you know this intellectually, so there is no reason to be nervous

How do you mean?

Maybe I'm too stupid to understand.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    How do you mean?

Maybe I'm too stupid to understand.

It is always inevitable that there will be a market downturn. We don't know when that downturn will be, but we know that there will be one. Therefore, even when confidence is high and markets are rising, we are heading for a downturn.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    How do you mean?
    Markets can go down as well as up, you must have come across this statement. We all believe that the long term trajectory will be positive, else why do we bother to invest, but in the short term there will be volatility, this is a stone cold certainty. It's not a question of if, rather a question of when, how low and for how long. Many would view these changes as an opportunity to buy more dividend or growth producing units or shares for your pound, particularly if you invest as cash becomes available. It is something to be expected and not something to be fearful of
  • DennisTenus
    If I had invested more than the £100 that I invested in Woodford last year I'd be nervous I think!

But yes know what you mean. I usually wait for a drop before buying more...
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 July 2018 at 5:26PM
    HL website/app still showing the LTGE class D price for the 18th June but the class A is 19th June. There is no banner up today so I am going to drop them a message to ask them why this happens.
  • DennisTenus
    Alexland wrote: »
    HL website/app still showing the LTGE class D price for the 18th June but the class A is 19th June. There is no banner up today so I am going to drop them a message to ask them why this happens.

Let us know what they say
  • Wildsound
    Wildsound Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Alexland wrote: »

I usually go direct to LT website and get the price from there if HL is being a bit slow
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 July 2018 at 2:51PM
    Let us know what they say

They gave a detailed but not very specific response, see below:
    I can confirm there was an issue with some fund prices not updating last week, which was resolved on 19 July 2018. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately we are unable to specify in advance when funds will be updated throughout the day. The speed at which prices are updated following a fund's valuation point are largely dependent upon the time it takes the fund management to release this information, which will then be fed to our website by our data provider.

I can confirm that the majority of funds value once a day, usually at midday. We receive up to 10 updates per day from our data provider. Providing a fund values daily, we should receive one price for them every working day. You can view the valuation frequency of a fund on the main fund factsheet. The price on the factsheet will state the date the current price is from.

In the instance that a fund price has not updated you can contact us to report the issue and we will raise it as a matter of urgency to our data provider. In addition, please do not hesitate to call our Fund Dealers on 0117 980 9800 who would be happy to assist in getting an up-to-date price from an alternate source.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just spotted this on HL @ 16.57

SCOTTISH MORTGAGE INVESTMENT TRUST (SMT) ORDINARY SHARES 5P
    Sell:577.50p Buy:522.50p 7.50p (1.35%)

app shows Sell £549.50 Buy 550.50

Very odd!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    17.03 showing