Ebay sign in

Options
Recently when I go to sign into Ebay it says password does not match even though my password is saved in my Firefox browser.
The only way I get in is by going down the lost password route getting a text message and re-entering the same password and saving.
How do I correct this and why is it happening?

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is firefox updating the password or trying to use the last incorrect password maybe? Try fully clearing the password
    & cookies & cache in Firefox & start again. I use LastPass browser add in which means you're not relying on the browser to save passwords
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    If you accidentally type a character into the password box after clicking sign in, the browser saves it as an updated password without you noticing. It's already sent the correct password to ebay so you get in that time, but next time the wrong password will be sent until you delete the saved password and type it in again.
  • Chrishazle
    Chrishazle Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also on Firefox with a saved password, I occasionally get a "Oops, that's not a match" screen when I try to log in, it still has my username and password in the boxes, I just click "log in" again and it works! No idea why.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrishazle wrote: »
    Also on Firefox with a saved password, I occasionally get a "Oops, that's not a match" screen when I try to log in, it still has my username and password in the boxes, I just click "log in" again and it works! No idea why.

I have tried clicking log in again but that doesn't work
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried removing the password in Firefox, clearing cookies, closing browser and opening and trying again, forcing Firefox to save the new password?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Having the same issue in Thunderbird.

Do you keep firefox updated?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure