TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    hutman wrote: »
    i hold two Vanguard funds on ISA in TD.. is it worth transferring these to Vanguards platform to save a bit of cash? Anyone know the fees involved for such a procedure?
    There are no fees at either end for an ISA transfer from TD to Vanguard, so you'll benefit straightaway from Vanguard's lower platform fee....
  • Hi,
    hutman wrote: »
    i hold two Vanguard funds on ISA in TD.. is it worth transferring these to Vanguards platform to save a bit of cash? Anyone know the fees involved for such a procedure?

have a read of this,

then this was in post 165 above, so seems transferring out of TD is free,

''They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway).''
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    then this was in post 165 above, so seems transferring out of TD is free,

''They had promised a year for people to make up their minds and transfer out FoC until then (was FoC with TD Direct anyway)''

Until at least 1st October 2018 according to the link below:

"We’re confident that you’ll be happy with our enhanced service and are pleased to confirm that there will be no transfer out fees for existing TD Direct Investing customers until at least 1st October 2018. So you’ll have plenty of time to try it out and make sure it’s right for you, with the freedom to leave if it isn't."

https://help.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/system/templates/selfservice/tddi/?&_ga=2.219956185.1140669441.1505056564-202407415.1483640883#!portal/402800000001013/article/Auth-4153/Thinking-of-transferring-your-portfolio-to-another-provider-or-closing-your-account
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    That suits me very well indeed, hopefully IG don't now drop their cash incentive.

I wanted to get the TD GIA wrapped up in the ISA and then closed before moving ISA, which needs to wait until April.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • hutman
    hutman Posts: 104 Forumite
    thanks guys
  • tusk
    tusk Posts: 13 Forumite
    @ johnro
    TD charges. Transfer out and Trading Account closure free ISA closure £30. If your account is empty and not used II will still charge platform fee so be sure to close the accounts as soon as the investments leave the account.
  • TCA
    edited 15 September 2017 at 4:12PM
    tusk wrote: »
    @ johnro
    TD charges. Transfer out and Trading Account closure free ISA closure £30. If your account is empty and not used II will still charge platform fee so be sure to close the accounts as soon as the investments leave the account.

Are you sure there's a £30 ISA closure fee? Can you post a link please. Their rates and charges page says no fee to open or close your account. If you're transferring an ISA it should disappear anyway so there should be no empty account as such:

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/rates-and-charges

They will charge a fee on closure if you are actually paying ongoing account fees. i.e. you get a pro-rata charge up to date of closure, payable on date of closure. But that's the account fee outstanding at closure, not an actual closure fee.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    TCA wrote: »
    Are you sure there's a £30 ISA closure fee? Can you post a link please. Their rates and charges page says no fee to open or close your account. If you're transferring an ISA it should disappear anyway so there should be no empty account as such:

https://www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk/rates-and-charges

They will charge a fee on closure if you are actually paying ongoing account fees. i.e. you get a pro-rata charge up to date of closure, payable on date of closure. But that's the account fee outstanding at closure, not an actual closure fee.
    Received an e-mail from TD Direct confirming TO and it would not incur a fee
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • tusk
    tusk Posts: 13 Forumite
    Article #Auth-3606
    Moving your ISA to another provider
    If you wish to move your ISA to another provider and have completed a transfer form with them, the provider will contact us to arrange a safe transfer of your ISA assets.
    We don’t charge to transfer your holdings or a closure fee*.
    *On closure of an ISA account you will be charged the Stock and Shares ISA Account Fee. Full details can be found on our Rates and Charges.
    Following a transfer to another provider should you wish to close your ISA with us you will contact us to confirm this. This will avoid any unnecessary actions or charges being applied to your account.
  • TCA
    edited 15 September 2017 at 8:00PM
    tusk wrote: »
    We don’t charge to transfer your holdings or a closure fee*.

*On closure of an ISA account you will be charged the Stock and Shares ISA Account Fee.

That reads a bit contradictory but I interpret that to mean you pay your existing account fees pro-rata to date of closure. If you don't pay any ongoing account fees, you won't be charged anything. It's talking about account fees due (and unpaid) not closure fees.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure