IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye lose in court again - Failed in Wales

Options
2»

Comments

• Computersaysno
    Options
    Costs £11,500 Won £9,000

A loss of £2500 a month to PE in court is nothing compared to the millions that they take from people.

Despite what we all would like to think POFA, POPLA and the court cases are about making more people pay, and making it more difficult for us to stop people paying.

It used to be very easy for us before POFA....now the waters are a lot muddier.
  • SevenTowers
    Options
    Well they are in court most days of the week at the moment, so you dont know do you
    Ermmm......., no Kirby, I don't, that's why I asked the question.........
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ermmm......., no Kirby, I don't, that's why I asked the question.........
    I think what kirkby meant is that there are usually 8-12 PE court cases being heard every week, and many of the defendants are unknown to us, ie they haven't posted on any of the forums.

So there's no way of knowing the outcome of some of those, other than retrospectively through an FOI request, as the Prankster has done.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    I think what kirkby meant is that there are usually 8-12 PE court cases being heard every week, and many of the defendants are unknown to us, ie they haven't posted on any of the forums.

So there's no way of knowing the outcome of some of those, other than retrospectively through an FOI request, as the Prankster has done.

Thanks thats what I meant:)
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well they are in court most days of the week at the moment, so you dont know do you
    ##########
    This must be why their few lit-er-ate[Basic] employees are unable to be Back in The Orifice to read and answer correspondence.
    Moi, currently celebrating 60th day of No Popla Codes, despite manifold requests.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    ampersand wrote: »
    ##########
    This must be why their few lit-er-ate[Basic] employees are unable to be Back in The Orifice to read and answer correspondence.
    Moi, currently celebrating 60th day of No Popla Codes, despite manifold requests.

They dont send their employees to the court hearings (well Rachel turned up @ Preston County court once).

They use LPC law
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • 4consumerrights
    Options
    Prankster reports:
    News of ParkingEye court cases losses are coming in thick and fast and The Parking Prankster has had to redesign his web site to keep up.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/parkingeye-court-losses-roundup.html

Well done AGAIN to Bargepole et al - did you attend this one in court - could have claimed expenses here!
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    They dont send their employees to the court hearings (well Rachel turned up @ Preston County court once).

They use LPC law

Probably because they don't want to be caught lying or/and in contempt of court
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    As it was in welsh its only right its bilingual:

Llys Sirol y Rhyl
    Barnwr Rhanbarth Thomas
    Dydd Iau 30/01/2014
    3JD02420 ParkingEye v Howe

Roedd hwn diffynnydd oeddwn wedi helpu pob drwy'r broses.

Roedd yn cael ei ddilyn fel RK, am ddigwyddiad lle'r oedd ei bartner parcio mewn maes parcio gwesty, ond mewn adran ar wahân lle nad oedd unrhyw arwyddion Addysg Gorfforol. Roedd hi wedi mynd i'r dderbynfa gwesty, ac wedi dweud ei bod yn iawn i barcio yno. Mae hi'n cyflwyno ei datganiad tyst ei hun i'r perwyl hwnnw, a gefnogir i fyny gyda ffotograffau, i gefnogi'r amddiffyniad.

Squirmed Addysg Gorfforol llawer ac yn ceisio dweud ei fod i gyd yn un maes parcio, bod llawer o arwyddion ac yn y blaen, ond dywedodd y Barnwr ei bod wedi gwneud popeth y gellid yn rhesymol ei ddisgwyl iddi wirio ei bod yn parcio yn ddilys.

Y Barnwr yn gwrthod y cais ar y sail honno, heb fynd i mewn i'r dadleuon arferol am ddiffyg sefydlog neu GPEOL

Twll tin Parking Eye.
  • SevenTowers
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »

Thanks BP, and Kirby too.

I realise that there are a lot of PE cases going on that we aren't aware of, but I am very encouraged that it seems that every case backed by forum/Pranky knowledge is winning.

Well done once again for your fantastic work, I've ordered in a pallet load of popcorn in anticipation of the HHJ Moloney outcome :)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure