Viagogo mis-selling?

Options

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Which part of "not arguing the toss" do you not understand? Or do you just enjoy spreading negativity and having the last word, as I see from your posts on other threads.

It's just a case of doing your research and suing the right people. Cat Daly, I have a legal action pending right now, I'll let you know how I get on.

What point of "wrong jurisdiction" do you not understand? :D
  • Ian.DR
    Options
    would be interested to hear how this goes as we have just been scammed by these people tonight.
  • PaulDale
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were also scammed, Ian. Have you seen Facebook group Victims of Viagogo? Also you could follow the step by step advice given by fanfair alliance / Claire Turnham. Google them and the document name:
    VofV_Guidance.pdf
    (As a new user I can't post links yet).
    Fan Fair Alliance is a music industry group working to stop this secondary ticket market ripping people off.
  • Zadzad
    Zadzad Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I am new and just posted possibly in wrong area. I have had the no refund resell only.

I have quoted there own T&C that as the tickets were not released at the time of the sale it breaches that the seller had the right to sell

It’s like offering a car for sale you haven’t got and if someone buys it you have to find one.

I have said I will try small claims court but on 5/6 occasions they refuse to give a service address. I understand they secretly trade from a London address.
  • FDW1966
    Options
    This is a frauulent company. We were denied entry to a concert and had to buy new ticketsj at the venue. The officials at the venue said, Viagogo tickets are not valid and are fraudulent tickets, and there is no way they could let us in. And the viagog tickets were twice the price of the official price.
  • splinternet
    Options
    I wish I'd not succumbed to temptation. I have bought 3 of the last remaining tickets for the 3rd day of the England v India test match at The Oval on Sunday 9th Sept. I have pointed out that I am abroad on holiday from 30th Aug right up until the evening of the day before the event, but all viagogo say is that the tickets will be delivered in the week leading up to the event and that I should enter a different address if I won't be at home. I will be on holiday in Majorca and I don't want the tickets to get lost in the Spanish postal system. I offered a neighbour's address to receive them but they tell me it has to be me who receives them - or I guess someone at my address, which of course will be impossible. The Oval tell me that all tickets were dispatched weeks ago so the seller would have had them long before now, but viagogo won't tell me why the tickets cannot be dispatched immediately or whether they have told the seller of my imminent unavailability to receive the tickets. My fear is that as I won't be at home to sign for the tickets, this will still count as "delivered" in viagogo's terminology so the fact that I won't have the tickets on the morning of the event will be my rotten luck and I won't be able to get a refund. I have tried to the point of exasperation to explain this over several emails to their customer support but all I get is an endless array of boilerplate answers none of which addresses my problem. I'd welcome any suggested course of action ...I'd even choose cancelling now if it meant I got my £570 back but of course you only get your money back if the venue cancels the event. Here's another thought: what happens if the day's play get's washed out, or if the match has ended before the 3rd day? The venue will automatically provide 100% refunds to original purchasers but where does that leave me?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You bought from ticket touts who are no different to the people that hang around outside venues flogging tickets.

They don't give a stuff about consumer rights and a foreign domiciled to make legal action difficult.

You are at their mercy.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CatDaly wrote: »
    I seriously feel like I have been mis-sold these tickets.

Miss-selling has a specific meaning linked to financial products.

Viagogo certainly took advantage of your naivety but you were not miss-sold the tickets and you have no comeback.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wonder how Katherine got on with her legal action? (Post 11). She should have been back by now telling us all how well she did.
  • l0k3
    l0k3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 October 2018 at 7:24PM
    Options
    I purchased tickets from Viagogo and was unable to attend the concert. So I resold the tickets through them succefully, only to find that when I went to claim the money from my sale, I am no longer able to access my account on their site and have recieved no password retrieval notification. There refusal to respond to my personal email requests leads me to believe that they have deactivated my account and pocketed the money. Which gives them the profit from having sold the tickets, twice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure